Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now.

Discus and support Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Remote play doesn’t work anymore except when I’m home and on the same network. I have a series X and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I also tried on my 11 Pro... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by cterie, Nov 18, 2022.

1. cterie
    cterie Guest

Remote play doesn’t work anymore except when I’m home and on the same network. I have a series X and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I also tried on my 11 Pro Max. It use to work on both phones but now only works when I’m at home. I’ve tried on other wifi networks as well as on data. No settings or internet service has changed.

Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now. [​IMG]

:)

cterie, Nov 18, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can you try sharing mobile data using your iPhone temporarily and connect the console in that way?

------

If not, let's try to isolate the problem a bit more, for this please try:

A. Disable all the remote play features via Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features (make sure to keep enable sleep mode in the power options)

Once disabled please delete the Xbox app from your phones and power cycle the Xbox:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, enable all the remote play features and try again

B. Can be a bit odd but try using a custom DNS address:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.

When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address

Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address

Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

D. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

**Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  3. Jonathan Yordy Win User

I have the same problem has he does.
  4. cterie Win User

App version on my iPhone = 2211.2.10

Both Xbox and iPhone have the latest updates. The problem was happening before and after the latest updates.

I can’t connect the console to a different network. I only have one at the house but it worked before.

I have tried using data and different wifi networks for the phone though.

NAT type is open

[​IMG]
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this CTERIE

Please tell me:
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS in your console or iPhone?
    If not, do you know if your phone or the console received an update before this started to happen?
    Just to confirm, did you tried connecting both console and mobile phone to a different Wi-Fi network? Or only the phone?

In the meantime please tell me what’s your NAT type, for this go to settings > general > network config
  6. cterie Win User

[​IMG]
    I checked the status and it looks like there is a larger issue? I’ve had this problem since October. Are you able to look up this incident #?
Thema:

1. Remote play only works when I’m on the same network now. - Similar Threads - Remote play works

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  4. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  5. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  6. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  7. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  8. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  9. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  10. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...