Remote play only works when I am home

Discus and support Remote play only works when I am home in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title suggests, the remote feature on my Xbox Series X only works when I'm at home, on the same network. When I try away from home, I greeted... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BBerryo, Nov 18, 2022.

1. BBerryo
    BBerryo Guest

As the title suggests, the remote feature on my Xbox Series X only works when I'm at home, on the same network. When I try away from home, I greeted with the "We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network."
    Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

:)

BBerryo, Nov 18, 2022
  2. BBerryo Win User

Hi there,

I am not using an insider build/beta OS console.

It started to happen maybe last month?

This is happening on both iOS and my Microsoft Surface.

I have tried different routers and that doesn't work.

NAT type fluctuates between open and moderate (another problem I can't seem to figure out)

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this

Additional information is needed, Please tell me:

Are you using an insider build / beta OS console?
    When this started to happen?
    Do you know if your phone or the console received an update before this started to happen?
    Is this happening on Android or iOS?

Did you tried connecting the console to a different Wi-Fi network to see how it goes?
    Or what did you tried so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime please tell me what’s your NAT type, for this go to settings > general > network config
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BBERRYO

Additional information is needed, Please tell me:

Are you using an insider build / beta OS console?
    When this started to happen?
    Do you know if your phone or the console received an update before this started to happen?
    Is this happening on Android or iOS?

Did you tried connecting the console to a different Wi-Fi network to see how it goes?
    Or what did you tried so far to fix this, in that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

In the meantime please tell me what’s your NAT type, for this go to settings > general > network config
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info. Let's try to isolate the problem a bit more:

A. Disable all the remote play features via Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features (make sure to keep enable sleep mode in the power options)

Once disabled please sign out from your account on the Xbox PC app and the Xbox mobile app and power cycle the Xbox:

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.

Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

After that, remove and re-add your profile on the console.

In case you need it, here's how to remove and re-add:

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, enable all the remote play features and try again

B. Try using a custom DNS address:

go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings

Once you’re inside the Advanced Settings menu, go to DNS settings and select Manual from the list of available options.

When you get to the next screen, enter 8.8.8.8 in the box associated with the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 in the Secondary DNS box.

Once the default DNS addresses have been changed, restart your console and see if the issue has been resolved at the next console startup.

If that doesn't work use 1.1.1.1 as primary and 1.0.0.1 as secondary

C. Clear your MAC address

Go to Settings > Network > Advanced Settings > Alternate MAC Address

Select Clear, restart your console and give it a new try

D. Do a factory reset for your console but keeping games and apps

Go to Settings > System > Console info > reset and then select keep my games and apps

**Make sure to know the email and password for all your accounts
  5. PandaMaster Win User

Xbox Remote Play Black Screen after Xbox Logo - Works Only On Home WiFi & Mobile Data

Yes. If I’m on my mobile network at work and try to remote play I get black screen.

When I’m home on my wifi it works fine.

But when I’m away or even at home and try to remote play on my mobile network I get the black screen. Was working fine before. Don’t know what happened
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Xbox remote play only working on home network

Hi, if possible please try using a different router, exists the possibility that your current router is blocking incoming connections when you're outside.

But before that, check if you can white list the MAC addresses for your mobile devices via router settings
Thema:

1. Remote play only works when I am home - Similar Threads - Remote play works

2. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  3. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  4. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  5. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  6. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  7. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  8. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  9. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  10. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...