Remote play not working on IOS n android

Discus and support Remote play not working on IOS n android in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Remote play option is still not working.i m using i pad with IOS 16.1.1 neither did it worked on android device..i hv 5g connection 200mbps still not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Dave 0751, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Dave 0751
    Dave 0751 Guest

Remote play option is still not working.i m using i pad with IOS 16.1.1 neither did it worked on android device..i hv 5g connection 200mbps still not working..it is so frustrating.why iam not able to use it ?

:)

Dave 0751, Feb 26, 2023
  2. IonBlade Win User

Any fix for remote play from IOS 16 not connecting?

No work.

Still can’t remote play on ios16 with 5G data.
    Yup, remote play from any network outside of the network the Xbox is on is currently broken on iOS 16 and has been since iOS 16 beta's initial release.

The Xbox team is aware of it - see Spartycrunch's response at https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-remote-play-is-broken-on-ios-16.652536/

There's a thread on Reddit with dozens of people having the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/xpmjdi/issues_with_remote_playxbox_app_on_ios_16/

The reviews on the iOS app on the iOS App Store are filled with people reporting the same, if you sort by most recent reviews.

The steps listed by Dérek will have no effect, as this is a bug in the Xbox app on iOS 16, not an issue with the Xbox or NAT configuration, as evidenced by the fact that Android, iOS 15 and below, and Windows devices will be able to remote play from the same Xbox out of network, but iOS 16 fails for those impacted.

Microsoft has yet to formally acknowledge this in any known issues listings. The best we can hope for is that a fix goes in at some point, versus them continuing to sweep it under the rug.
  3. josuevelazquez1 Win User

The menu/pause button doesn't work on Remote Play

Hi, I have the same issue when I do remote play from my tablet, it all works perfectly fine with the exception of the pause button (the one with the 3 horizontal lines). Controller works perfectly when connected to a console or IOS device. Is just an issue with the android version of the app.
  4. TN_AU Win User

XBOX Series X remote play only works when connected TV is turned on.

I recently got my Series X, same thing happens, remote play doesnt work when TV is off, after spaceship loading screen, it goes to black screen, then after a minute or so, it disconnects.

Only difference for me is that, PC, Android and iOS doesnt work.

When TV is on, it works perfectly, what gives?
  5. SHAFT0b43dbb8-33cd-4 Win User

Any fix for remote play from IOS 16 not connecting?

Exactly my same issue. Thanks everyone for your help and I also hope Microsoft fixes this issue asap. They have to know right?

No work.

Still can’t remote play on ios16 with 5G data.
    Yup, remote play from any network outside of the network the Xbox is on is currently broken on iOS 16 and has been since iOS 16 beta's initial release.

The Xbox team is aware of it - see Spartycrunch's response at https://www.resetera.com/threads/xbox-remote-play-is-broken-on-ios-16.652536/

There's a thread on Reddit with dozens of people having the same issue. https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/xpmjdi/issues_with_remote_playxbox_app_on_ios_16/

The reviews on the iOS app on the iOS App Store are filled with people reporting the same, if you sort by most recent reviews.

The steps listed by Dérek will have no effect, as this is a bug in the Xbox app on iOS 16, not an issue with the Xbox or NAT configuration, as evidenced by the fact that Android, iOS 15 and below, and Windows devices will be able to remote play from the same Xbox out of network, but iOS 16 fails for those impacted.

Microsoft has yet to formally acknowledge this in any known issues listings. The best we can hope for is that a fix goes in at some point, versus them continuing to sweep it under the rug.
  6. Korahn 27 Win User

Smart Glass games?

It also depends on which version you have (iOS, android, Windows 8, etc) For example, the Halo Waypoint stats work on the iOS smart glass, but not on my android version.
Thema:

1. Remote play not working on IOS n android - Similar Threads - Remote play working

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  4. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  5. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  6. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  7. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  8. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  9. Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play only works if I turn on the xbox manually: Xbox series X and my iphone are on the same network, xbox is set to instant on but the phone app will not connect (to use remote control or to use remote play) unless i turn the xbox on manually,...
  10. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox: I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've...