Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon

Discus and support Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I use remote play I almost constant get the “your network my be experiencing problems” icon in the top left. I am using and orbi ac3000 mesh net... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tCobra117, Apr 20, 2021.

1. /u/tCobra117
    /u/tCobra117 Guest

When I use remote play I almost constant get the “your network my be experiencing problems” icon in the top left. I am using and orbi ac3000 mesh net work and my Xbox series x is hardwired into the orbi. Not sure if there are some settings or what I can change in the router to get better performance for remote play. I do get quite a bit of stutters. I have tried googling around but not had much luck. Any help you be awesome thanks. Edit: I use an iPhone 12 and iPad pro11”

submitted by /u/tCobra117
    [link] [comments]

/u/tCobra117, Apr 20, 2021
  2. CarTzy Win User

I can’t play Xbox remotely on my iPhone unless I’m on the same wifi as my Xbox.

Hello danny elmasri,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble playing Xbox remotely on your iPhone. This issue may be caused by several factors, such as your network settings, your Xbox app version, or your device compatibility. To troubleshoot this problem, please follow these steps:

1. Make sure your iPhone and your Xbox are updated to the latest software versions.

2. Check your network speed and stability. You need a minimum of 10 Mbps download and upload speed to play Xbox remotely.

3. Enable remote play on your Xbox console. Go to Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features and turn on Enable remote features.

4. Sign in to the Xbox app on your iPhone with the same account you use on your console.

5. Tap the Console icon on the bottom right of the app and select Remote play on this device.

6. If you see a message that says "We couldn't connect to your console", try restarting your console and your iPhone and repeat the steps above.

Continue with the troubleshooting below:

NAT type
    • A green check mark means the Open NAT criteria is met.
    • A yellow exclamation mark means the Moderate NAT meets the criteria. For an optimal experience, and a reliable connection to your console, you want an Open NAT type.
    • A red X means you have a Strict NAT. This needs to be Open or Moderate if you want to connect to your console from outside your home. For help improving your NAT type, try the troubleshooting steps here:
    Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

Upstream bandwidthThe quality of your remote play experience depends on your network’s upload speed. An upload speed of at least 4.75 Mbps is required, but 9 Mbps or faster is optimal for the best remote play experience.

• A green check mark means your speed is faster than 9 Mbps and is optimal for remote play.
    • A yellow exclamation mark means your upload speed is at least 4.75 Mbps but less than 9 Mbps. Your network might be too slow for high-quality remote play outside your home.
    • A red X means your network isn't fast enough for remote play outside your home. (You may need to contact your internet service provider to increase your upload speed.)
    Troubleshoot your Xbox network connection

Network latencyYour remote play experience can be affected by network latency of your home network (the time it takes for your network to send and receive information). We require a network latency of less than 150 ms for remote play to work, but a latency of less than 60 ms is optimal for the best remote play experience.

• A green check mark means your network latency is 60 ms or less and is optimal for remote play.
    • A yellow exclamation mark means your network latency is between 60 and 150 ms. Your game might be less responsive when playing remotely outside your home.
    • A red X means your game will be less responsive when playing remotely outside your home, due to a network latency higher than 150 ms. (You may need to contact your internet service provider to reduce your network latency.)

Network type
    • A green check mark means you have a wired network connection. Because remote play is dependent on the stability of your home network, a wired connection will always be the most stable and resilient (and therefore the more preferred) connection.
    • A yellow exclamation mark means you have a wireless network connection. This does not prevent you from playing remotely; however, note that wireless connections are subject to interference and other issues which may cause hiccups while you play remotely. You may want to consider using a wired connection for remote play. Or, if you want to improve your wireless signal strength and minimize wireless interference for the best remote play experience, follow the troubleshooting steps here:

Outbound portThis test ensures that network traffic on port 3074 is being routed to your console.

• A green check mark means you’ve already set up the required port forwarding.
    • A red X means port 3074 is being blocked and you may need to enable port forwarding to enable remote play. To learn how to open the necessary network ports for remote play, follow the steps in:
    Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

See:

Understanding your remote play setup test results | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support
    How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

If these steps don't resolve your issue, please let us know and we will assist you further.

Thank you for choosing Xbox and have a great day!
  3. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?

Hello Krustykashew, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Remote play, which allows you to play your Xbox from another device, often depends on several factors, including the quality of the internet connection, network speed, connection stability, and the distance between the Xbox and the device you use to play remotely.

Although remote play has improved in recent generations of consoles, there can still be issues related to connection quality. Here are some possible reasons why you might be experiencing issues with Remote Play on your Xbox Series S:

Unstable or slow internet connection: Despite having a 5 GHz connection, stability and speed can fluctuate due to wireless interference, physical obstacles, or router problems.

Network settings on Xbox: Adjustments to your Xbox's network settings may improve the quality of remote play. Make sure your console is set up for a stable and fast connection.

App or software issues: Issues with the remote play app or the console itself can impact the quality of the remote experience. Make sure they are updated to the latest version available.

Latency issues: Latency is the amount of time it takes for information to be transmitted from the console to the remote device. If there is too much latency, you could experience response and audio delays.

Local network issues: Sometimes other devices on your local network can consume bandwidth, causing interference when connecting to the Xbox.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

i got hacked, help please!!!

Hi Amit, is this issue still happening?

If so, there may be a problem with your network adapter or internet connection. To troubleshoot this, right-click the network icon in the right side of the taskbar and select Diagnose network problems.

If it's still not working, try restarting your router/modem. And if possible, try logging in using a different WiFi network or mobile hotspot instead of your home network, to see if the same problem happens on a different connection.
  5. SH1ROKURO Win User

Why do I get "Your network may be experiencing some problems" on remote play on Android?

I'm having heavy picture freezes on my Huawei P30 lite with Series S, but only when connected to the same network. Xbox wired and phone 5ghz wifi.

Everything works fine, when I'm switching to LTE with my phone.
  6. MarvinaPerez Win User

Difficulty starting remote play from iPhone

Hello Lukeanator17,my name is Marvina, I will be happy to help you.

I understand that you are having trouble starting the remote game from your iPhone. Here are some steps you can try to solve the problem:

Check That Your iPhone Is Connected To A Stable Wi-Fi Network. Remote Play requires a high-speed Wi-Fi connection for functionality.

Make sure your iPhone and your xbox one are connected to the SAME red Wi-Fi. THIS IS NECESSARY for Remote PLAY to Work.

Restart your iPhone and your Xbox One. THIS MAY Fix Any Temporary Problems With Your Devices.

Update the Xbox App on your iPhone. App updates may include bug fixes that may resolve the issue you are experiencing.

TRY LAUNCHING THE ROTOTO GAME FROM A DIFFERENT DEVICE. If you can start the game remotely from another device, it means the problem is related to your iPhone.

Contact Xbox Support. They will be able to help you solve the problem.

TRY STARTING THE ROMOTE GAME FROM A DIFFERENT LOCATION. If you are in a location with a weak Wi-Fi signal, remote play may not function properly.

Try starting remote play at a different time. Remote play may be experiencing server issue.

Source https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-remote-play-gaming

These are basic solutions to these problems, but they may lead to a solution, remember this is a public forum where we are players like you who want to help, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Marvina
Thema:

1. Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon - Similar Threads - Remote Play Network

2. Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network): Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network. Some clarifications: - I am running a Windows 11 machine. - I have...
  3. X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X box remote play not working when phone on 5G and console on home network?: Hi, I have read through many threads looking for answers and still haven't come to clear reason why this is still not working. Remote play works when on the same network but, will not work...
  4. Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Question Regarding Xbox PC Remote Play Away From Home Network: I got Windows Parallel for my MacBook Pro (M2 Chip) recently. I downloaded the Xbox App and I am able to remote play with my Xbox Series S. I also know that remote play works regardless of whether...
  5. Remote play working only on home Wifi network

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play working only on home Wifi network: Hi. I haven't been able to get remote play to work on networks away from home. It works great on my home wifi networks but anywhere else I get the following message: "Check your network...
  6. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...
  7. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...
  8. Home network Remote Play only functions when TV is on

in XboX Insiders
    Home network Remote Play only functions when TV is on: Remote Play works flawlessly when I have the TV on, connect, and play on my Pixel 6 Pro. However, if I power on the console from standby remotely with my TV off, the app connects (little...
  9. I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network: I am not able to access the remote play feature from any wifi other than my home wifi network All my remote play settings are correct This feature worked well 4 months back but doesn't work...
  10. Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Remote Play from XBox to Windows 10 (on the same network), require outbound...: I'll outright say this is just asinine. I'm trying to remote play from my Series X to my Windows 10 PC that exist on the same network; however, the video quality is absolute garbage and completely...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox remote play your network may be experiencing problems