Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect

Discus and support Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've found many threads with this issue but none with an actual solution. Remote Play is set up correctly. Internet speeds are fine. Ports are open... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Gt529, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Gt529
    Gt529 Guest

I've found many threads with this issue but none with an actual solution. Remote Play is set up correctly. Internet speeds are fine. Ports are open etc...I've tried everything I've found as a "fix" online to no avail. Remote Play works fine if my son is at home on my wifi. If anywhere else (wifi or cellular data) , it doesn't work. Screen goes black then he gets the "we found your console but cannot connect" The entire point of remote play is to be able to play remotely, away from home. Will there ever be an actual fix so that he can actually remote into his Xbox and play???

:)

Gt529, Jan 5, 2023
  2. Gt529 Win User

Hi ,

We appreciate your patience waiting.

As promised, I've consulted our internal team about this and we would like to ask for clarification;

Can you please confirm what device you are using when you are experiencing this problem? Is it on a mobile phone(Android or iOS) or on PC/laptop?

If you are using an Android phone, may I know what is the OS version of your Android? Is it Android 10 or 11?

If you are using PC, may I know the version of your Xbox app and your gaming services? To check for the version, follow this steps; launch Xbox app>select profile picture > Settings > About.

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Reynaldob

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
    We are using an iPhone. iOS 16.
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Gt529,

Thanks for getting back.

I am currently comunicating with our internal team about your concern. Please give us more time to properly investigate the problem. Rest assured, I will get back to you once I get the helpful information.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

4. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Gt529,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you are doing well.

I understand that you have issues with your Xbox on remote play and you are getting an error that says We found your console but can't connect. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• When did the problem started?
    • Was this working before?
    • Can you please provide us a photo of the exact error message? In this way we can see a bigger picture of the problem.
    • What troubleshooting steps you've tried to fix the problem?
    Those above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we collect all the information, we will formulate the feasible resolution to help you with your case.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

5. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Gt529,

We appreciate your patience waiting.

As promised, I've consulted our internal team about this and we would like to ask for clarification;

Can you please confirm what device you are using when you are experiencing this problem? Is it on a mobile phone(Android or iOS) or on PC/laptop?

If you are using an Android phone, may I know what is the OS version of your Android? Is it Android 10 or 11?

If you are using PC, may I know the version of your Xbox app and your gaming services? To check for the version, follow this steps; launch Xbox app>select profile picture > Settings > About.

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

6. Gt529 Win User

Hi ,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you are doing well.

I understand that you have issues with your Xbox on remote play and you are getting an error that says We found your console but can't connect. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• When did the problem started?
    • Was this working before?
    • Can you please provide us a photo of the exact error message? In this way we can see a bigger picture of the problem.
    • What troubleshooting steps you've tried to fix the problem?
    Those above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we collect all the information, we will formulate the feasible resolution to help you with your case.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Reynaldob

Started last week when we set remote play up in the app. It's never worked previously remotely, away from home. We can only "remote play" at home.

Below is a screen shot. We tried two different wi fi connections away from home which both had excellent speeds. We also tried from 5G cellular network connection but still get the same error.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect - Similar Threads - Remote play issue

2. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  3. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  4. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  5. Remote play issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue: When i connect to the remote play from pc and start it and i enter the Xbox homepage the screen starts getting pixeled and can't see anything 3de69956-cee9-4f72-8272-b58b8fd59601
  6. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote Play Issues: I'm going on vacation soon and I want to play Sonic Frontiers whilst I'm away. I've been trying Remote Play lately and there were varying results on which connection I used. Using my home Wi-Fi...
  7. Remote play issue with series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play issue with series X.: My series X is in standby mode and using the xbox app I'm trying to connect on my android pixel 8 for remote play. It keeps giving me the "try again later" message over and over. If I turn my X on...
  8. Remote play issue for cloud gaming :’(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play issue for cloud gaming :’(: Hi, So when I open up the Xbox app and went onto remote play it appears a black screen with no audio and yes I went to settings in order to setup this feature but I won’t work what do I do...
  9. Xbox remote play to PC resolution issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox remote play to PC resolution issue: I am trying to use remote play from my Xbox One S to my Windows 11 PC. Both are on stable, wired connections. When I open the remote play on the Xbox app on PC, the image is compressed to the...
  10. Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cyberpunk 2077 Remote Play Issues - Game Related: Hardware: Xbox Series S Game: Cyberpunk 2077 with the latest 2.0 update Summary: This isn't a network issue and I have no issues with remote play on any other game I've tried. Cyberpunk 2077...