Remote play internet connection but it is connected to my console

Discus and support Remote play internet connection but it is connected to my console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It’s my phone that’s having the issue when I try and play remote play on my mobile device, is when it says “check network connection” “we found your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jeff stallings, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Remote play internet connection but it is connected to my console

It’s my phone that’s having the issue when I try and play remote play on my mobile device, is when it says “check network connection” “we found your console but can’t connect, try a different wifi or cellular network”

:)

jeff stallings, Dec 9, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Please perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below on your Xbox console.

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Stream xbox one to laptop through wifi without internet connection

Remote play requires an internet connection for authentication. The xbox must be able to reach the internet.
  4. Terry Thompson3 Win User

Hi there

Thanks for the reply

Does this imply that

I am able to setup initial remote play with an internet connection and then turn off my internet connection after it has been setup so I can stream locally through my network?
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?

Hello Krustykashew, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Remote play, which allows you to play your Xbox from another device, often depends on several factors, including the quality of the internet connection, network speed, connection stability, and the distance between the Xbox and the device you use to play remotely.

Although remote play has improved in recent generations of consoles, there can still be issues related to connection quality. Here are some possible reasons why you might be experiencing issues with Remote Play on your Xbox Series S:

Unstable or slow internet connection: Despite having a 5 GHz connection, stability and speed can fluctuate due to wireless interference, physical obstacles, or router problems.

Network settings on Xbox: Adjustments to your Xbox's network settings may improve the quality of remote play. Make sure your console is set up for a stable and fast connection.

App or software issues: Issues with the remote play app or the console itself can impact the quality of the remote experience. Make sure they are updated to the latest version available.

Latency issues: Latency is the amount of time it takes for information to be transmitted from the console to the remote device. If there is too much latency, you could experience response and audio delays.

Local network issues: Sometimes other devices on your local network can consume bandwidth, causing interference when connecting to the Xbox.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. JohnBarrett089 Win User

Need to perform XBox One updates from a local source

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately there is no way to connect these to the internet. We perform the initial setup with internet connection from our primary location and then ship the consoles to the remote locations. There is physically no internet
    connection to the location. There is only a LAN to connect the consoles together. No outside connection.

For the PCs we have a local WSUS that we point them to for updates. Is it possible to setup something similar for XBox updates?
Thema:

1. Remote play internet connection but it is connected to my console - Similar Threads - Remote play internet

2. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  3. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  4. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...
  5. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  6. Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones disconnect when going to remote play.: When using Xbox one and Xbox companion app on IPhone. I join a party in the app and can talk through my headphones. As soon as I remote play a game on the app, my headphones disconnect from my...
  7. My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games: My Xbox controller is not functioning properly during remote play, when playing disc games. It works completely fine with game pass, but when playing 2 different disc games, in remote play, my...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN: I have an Xbox Series X connected on the same network as my computer and Android phone (Tried connecting them through the 5Ghz Wi-Fi and using 1Gbps ethernet cables). I've verified throught my...
  10. Remote play knackered again over the internet

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play knackered again over the internet: Does remote play work for anyone anymore on ios? I havent had to try it for a while but now its just a black screen again. I know they fixed it about 8 months ago, but it looks to be not working...