Remote play - I connect via my laptop but just keep getting a blank screen

Discus and support Remote play - I connect via my laptop but just keep getting a blank screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; xbox and laptop both up to date. Stopped working all of a sudden 8d16ad2b-515a-48c9-b3a6-10c8c819f469 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by liz fox, Jan 19, 2023.

1. liz fox
    liz fox Guest

xbox and laptop both up to date. Stopped working all of a sudden

:)

liz fox, Jan 19, 2023
  2. EyalEngel1 Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

Same. Was able to remote play perfectly until the recent update to the app. Now I can't. My console is connected via Ethernet, as is my laptop at work. Speeds exceed 500MB on either end. I get a black screen that says "We found your console but can't connect. Try a different network".

I tested the remote play on my Wi-Fi (the same network the Xbox is connected to) last night, and it worked just fine. Seems like the recent update broke the ability to play games from other networks.
  3. samr1304 Win User

Can't log in on my account

I am having the same problem can sign in via iPhone and laptop but not by my remote, I press the home button but the screen darkens.

Any suggestions?
  4. eiretrish Win User

Server problem with Bingo

I contacted Microsoft Support and got the same run around. They accessed my laptop (though I kept stressing the problem is Microsoft, not my laptop(, signed into my laptop via a remote, saw the issue that is occurring, tried a few
    things and still the problem existed.

The highlight was the tech restarted the laptop and lost the remote connection (real smart). I tried another attempt and was given useless links.
  5. KindGryphon Win User

connecting a laptop with an output hdmi

hello microsoft team,

I would like to ask if its possible to play with my xbox using my laptop's screen (I am not talking about remote gameplay but directly connected with hdmi), I found out that you can even if its hdmi output by using an hdmi capture card, but I'd still like to ask for confermation.

if I connect my xbox to my laptop via hdmi by using my hdmi capture card, will I be able to play It normally, the same way I do when I connect it to a tv/monitor?
    No. Conmecting your xbox to your laptops hdmi port will not allow you to use your laptop as a display.

An hdmi capture card would get plugged into a USB port on your laptop and your xbox would then get plugged into the hdmi port on the capture card itself. The hdmi port on your laptop wouldn't get used at all in this scenario.

That being said in my experience capture cards are going to have potentially several seconds of delay so they arent the greatest experience for using to game on directly vs just playing on a TV or Monitor.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

how do i connect my X box S to my laptop.i got it a few hours ago. ive done everything ive searched up and tried everything whAT DO I DO

Thema:

1. Remote play - I connect via my laptop but just keep getting a blank screen - Similar Threads - Remote play connect

2. Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connects for a bit then disconnects (Wired Network): Hello, I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I haven't seen any post regarding my issue on a wired network. Some clarifications: - I am running a Windows 11 machine. - I have...
  3. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  4. Xbox thinks headset connected anytime I remote play on iPad

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox thinks headset connected anytime I remote play on iPad: Hi all, I’m having a constant issue that anytime I connect to remote play with my iPad, I have no sound coming from the iPad and the Xbox thinks a headset is attached. I have tried with multiple...
  5. Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect: I am trying to connect to my XSX from work using my Windows 11 Laptop, I can see the Xbox inside the console list in the Xbox app, I try to connect and I get this error: We found your console but...
  6. Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play keeps disconnecting shortly after connection while trying to stream: I recently wanted to start streaming and I found out that a good way to start setting that up for Xbox games is through remote play, but every time that I log onto the Xbox app for my PC for...
  7. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  8. Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect (on pc). Can someone help me...: I brought a pc and i been trying connect through the xbox app on the pc but i keep getting the message “we found ur device but we cant connect change ur wifi or cellular network. Im a college...
  9. In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In gta 5 I can’t hear the voice chat but if I connect my phone by remote play I can hear it...: I can’t hear voice chat in gta 5 online but if connect my phone through remote play I can hear it does anybody know how to fix that 36d49e67-6c4f-4604-acf4-f3dfb5e3acf9
  10. “Can’t connect right now, try again in a while” error message when using remote play

in XboX Insiders
    “Can’t connect right now, try again in a while” error message when using remote play: I am receiving this error message when trying to use remote play on my Xbox Series X. I’ve seen other posts about this same issue, but so far haven’t been able to find a solution that works for...