Remote Play from Xbox Series S to Desktop Computer results in Black Screen with Audio

Discus and support Remote Play from Xbox Series S to Desktop Computer results in Black Screen with Audio in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, After attempting multiple option on Microsoft's support page I wasn't able to fix my problem and decided to use the community option. The... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrSiul, Nov 27, 2022.

1. MrSiul
    MrSiul Guest

Remote Play from Xbox Series S to Desktop Computer results in Black Screen with Audio

Hello,

After attempting multiple option on Microsoft's support page I wasn't able to fix my problem and decided to use the community option.

The issue is as follows:

I'm attempting to remote play my copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 from my Xbox Series S to my Desktop Computer, however after entering the remote play console option on the Computer, it loads in to my Console but doesn't display it on the remote play app, I can still hear the audio of the console but no video is coming through. A few seconds after the remote play app tells me that I was "disconnected from could gaming session".

Important Notes:

> Both Console and Computer are connected, via cable, to a Switch (due to my Router being on the other side of the house).

> Tested both devices for remote play sessions with both giving "Success" on all options shown.

> Computer Specs meet the requirements for remote play

> Xbox Cloud Gaming works perfectly fine on Both Console and Computer.

> I have Xbox Games Pass Ultimate

Hope this helps clarify my issue,

Thank you in advance

:)

MrSiul, Nov 27, 2022
  2. MrSiul Win User

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was attempting other options to improve my situation and managed to get remote play working. Which I have reported below on the “Update” section I made to organize myself.

To answer the questions on the previous reply, I can confirm that the Xbox Insider Hub app isn't installed on my pc however in the attached screenshot it shows the PC Insider Programme when checking the Xbox App About area.

I wasn't able to test the remote play feature when I was a part of Xbox Insider since, at the time, I did not own the console.

Xbox Cloud Games seems to be working perfectly fine on every session I made so far.

I've selected the "Give Feedback" and wrote down the problem and steps taken.

Regarding the Details, I’ve done the following:

1) Attached is a screenshot with the Xbox App Version

2) Same as the previous step was done for the Gaming Services version

3) The console (Xbox Series S) itself doesn't have any issues and while on the Mobile App it reflects no issues as well. The issue only happens via my Desktop Computer. In short, the set up seems to have no issues.

4) A Screenshot of the Windows version via "WINVER" was attached as well.

Update: I've attempted to connect the Xbox Series S directly to the router and a nearby TV and tested it, and It worked! It seems that I can't have both my Desktop Computer and Console plugged in, in the same Switch device, seems to cause loss of communication hence the black screen followed by disconnect error message.

Seeing that this solution worked I've come to the conclusion that it's not my computer nor the Console at fault but instead the configuration/connection via my Switch device. While having either the console or the computer directly connected to the router be an option, that unfortunately isn't viable to me. For now, I'll leave the remote play option to the Mobile App only while I manage the Switch device correctly.

Thank you for your time and patience

Hope this helps narrow down future problems regarding remote play

Best Regards,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Removed personally identifiable information (PII) from screenshot.
  3. MrSiul Win User

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

After verifying and replicating the steps in your previous message I still wasn't able to remote play via my Computer.

Regarding them, here's what happens on each of them:

1. This issue seems to be consistent, as I tried to remote play ever since I've gotten the console. Hasn't worked with my Desktop.

2. Trying to remote play other games results on the same problem, even when I try to remote play directly to the Xbox home screen, therefore the issue persist.

3. I've tried remote playing with my mobile device and everything works fine, it seems Black Ops II isn't supported for remote play. However the issue persists on computer when I try to remote play any other game that is supported on remote play (Ex; Halo Master Chief Collection; Halo Infinite)

4. While I've search on several pages about remote play and troubleshooting, none of the steps on the page seemed to have worked so far. This includes the article mentioned in your reply.

5. Attached to this reply is a screenshot of the error has requested.

6. I was a part of the Xbox Insider. But not currently, I've tested remote play without having Xbox Insider features on to prevent issues with an on-going testing application.

7. Following the instructions the latest the results were:

Windows 10:

• No Error code was displayed
    • Nat Type: Open
    • Server Connectivity: Connected
    • Latency: 171 ms (Note: latency is higher than usual)
    • Packet Loss 0%

Xbox Series S:
    • No Error code was displayed
    • Nat Type: Open
    • Remote play test cleared successfully with all options checked marked green
    • All services are available
    • Note: After todays test Network Latency gave me more than 60ms however I've attempted to remote play via mobile app and it was working fine.
    Sorry for any redundancy or long writing response on my side.

I hope I could make my issue easier to solve with my reply and I once again thank you for the support in advance.

Sincerely,

Attached Screenshot:

[​IMG]
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Hello MrSiul,

Your patience and time are greatly appreciated.

Seeing that a little attempt to re-connect helped you with this concern, Thanks for sharing the solution.

By the way, based on your Xbox app version, you are still on Insider's build. The Xbox app, Gaming Services and Xbox Game Bar versions are written on this support article about the Xbox Insider release - Xbox Insider Release Notes - Xbox App for Windows [2212.1001.29.0] - Xbox Wire.

Support article you might find helpful: Get the Xbox Insider Hub app | Xbox Support.

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Thanks again for helping us help the community!

Regards,

5. Kathy A. Win User

Hi MrSiul,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We appreciate sharing those details in advance. We do not mind long post as long as it is giving the details we needed (well, pleading guilty here, hahaha).

May we confirm if you have Xbox Insider Hub still installed in your PC?

Did this issue happen even before, when you are still part of Xbox Insider? If yes, this could be a possible bug for Xbox Insider, and we highly encourage you to send a feedback to the team. They will be able to take an immediate action for this to ensure an update to be release is without issues.

We notice that all game is unable to remote play on PC. Even the screenshot is telling Disconnected from Cloud gaming session when you are trying to play remotely. Do we have issues playing Xbox Cloud games too?

Please select the Give Feedback and send a feedback to team about this.

If any case, you are now out of Xbox Insider and Xbox Insider Hub is no longer installed in your PC, please let us know. We would like to ask for the following details:

1. Xbox App version
    2. Gaming services version.
      • You may find those two versions by launching Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    3. When testing remote play of your Xbox Console, may we ask if there are no issues with the set up?
    4. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.
    We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

6. Kathy A. Win User

Hello MrSiul,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate how detailed you are in sending the details. We understand that you are trying to remote play from Xbox Series S to your computer and is unable to because it results to black screen. Let us check on this together so you will get back to gaming.

1. May we know when did this issue happen? Was this the first attempt or was this working before?
    2. Have you tried remote playing other game? Does the issue persist?
    3. Have you tried playing the same game remotely using your mobile device?
    4. May we ask if you have tried all suggestions here on this support article - Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support?
    5. Please post the screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information.
    6. Are you part of Xbox Insider or Windows Insider?
    7. Please check the Xbox network for your computer and Xbox Console:
      • For Windows 10:
        • PC Settings > Gaming > Xbox Network and check the NAT Type.
        • Look for NAT Type and error message/code.
        • Please reply with any error message/code you notice.
      • For Windows 11: Install Xbox Console Companion app from Microsoft Store (click here)
        • Launch Xbox Console Companion app.
        • Go to Settings and select Network tab.
      • For Console:
        • Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
        • Select Network and Network Settings.
    We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Remote Play from Xbox Series S to Desktop Computer results in Black Screen with Audio - Similar Threads - Remote Play Series

2. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  3. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  4. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  5. Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I own an Xbox Series S. I cannot install it from my phone. Remote play is on, but I...: Hello, I logged in to my Microsoft account from the Xbox application, then I clicked on the console section and it asked me to define it. I said to install it first. I got the TV code, but the...
  6. On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely?: On the Xbox Series X, is it possible to play EA games remotely? c498ce13-e75a-4a5c-891c-2e27b273fc66
  7. Xbox Series X remote play not working on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X remote play not working on PC: I recently purchased and set up my Xbox series X. I'm trying to set up remote play to play on my PC. I have enabled remote play on my Xbox and made sure I have green check marks next to all the...
  8. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  9. Remote play issue with series X.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play issue with series X.: My series X is in standby mode and using the xbox app I'm trying to connect on my android pixel 8 for remote play. It keeps giving me the "try again later" message over and over. If I turn my X on...
  10. I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can remote play on my xbox series S on mobile but I am having troubles on my windows 11 pc: Every time i try to remote play on my xbox on my pc I get an error telling me that the console has been found but it was impossible to connect. On mobile remote play on my console works just...