Remote play for a family member. Can’t see the consoles

Discus and support Remote play for a family member. Can’t see the consoles in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I use Remote play from Windows, in the Xbox app, I can see both my Xboxes and can remote play to either and use. On the same Pc when my Son signs... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JamesFrench2, Feb 22, 2023.

1. JamesFrench2
    JamesFrench2 Guest

When I use Remote play from Windows, in the Xbox app, I can see both my Xboxes and can remote play to either and use. On the same Pc when my Son signs into he app he can not see the button to remote play on either console. Is it a setting I have restricted under his family account? Or am I missing something? Thanks for any help

:)

JamesFrench2, Feb 22, 2023
  2. HassanB Win User

Purchase of this content is not allowed for child + teen accounts.

To my knowledge, these Games for Gold games are not available for purchase to secondary members of a Gold Family Pack. You can only get them as the primary member of the family gold pack. The only alternative I see is if your family members wish to play
    these games you can download it to 1 console initially and all the profiles on that console can play it online or offline. They just wouldn't be able to play the games on multiple consoles.
  3. Galactic Geek Win User

This sold it for me...

Here's how it works:

1 - You buy a game & it links to your account; this makes you the primary owner.

2 - Any other profile on your console can play your game as long as your profile is on that console.

3 - How family members are chosen exactly is currently unclear.

4 - Family members can play your games on other consoles, but only 1 family member at a time.

5 - At any given time, you (as the primary owner) & ONLY 1 other family member can play the same game at the same time on separate consoles.

6 - However, you can have more family members on your console playing with you as well (so you could potentially have you & 3 other family members on 1 console (split-screen) & 1 other family member on another console for a total of 5 family members playing
    the same game simultaneously).

7 - It is unclear as to whether multiple family members will be able to play on the secondary console at the same time as the primary console.
  4. Boidster Win User

This sold it for me...

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]Here's how Galactic Geek assumes it works:

1 - You buy a game & it links to your account; this makes you the primary owner.

2 - Any other profile on your console can play your game as long as your profile is on that console.

3 - How family members are chosen exactly is currently unclear.

4 - Family members can play your games on other consoles, but only 1 family member at a time.

5 - At any given time, you (as the primary owner) & ONLY 1 other family member can play the same game at the same time on separate consoles.

6 - However, you can have more family members on your console playing with you as well (so you could potentially have you & 3 other family members on 1 console (split-screen) & 1 other family member on another console for a total of 5 family members playing
    the same game simultaneously).

7 - It is unclear as to whether multiple family members will be able to play on the secondary console at the same time as the primary console.[/quote]

Fixed that for you. I am not convinced at all that #4 is correct, though I see how the MS quote could be interpreted that way. The Kotaku article does not contain a Microsoft quote confirming it, it's just the Kotaku author stating his analysis as fact.
    You both might be right, but it's not known or confirmed at this point.
  5. MissNoLove Win User

Hi I got banned 3 days ago

So if my family member lives in America and I live in England I can’t give them my account? It is my family at the end of the day I don’t see how that’s a crime tho but if it was other people sharing accounts it would be fine tho.
  6. FrumpyRuby10929 Win User

Bought a gift card in Italy but not accepted in UK (region issue)

That seems ridiculous, can’t buy a present for a family member in another country?

Absolutely no way round it?
Thema:

1. Remote play for a family member. Can’t see the consoles - Similar Threads - Remote play family

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  10. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...