Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

Discus and support Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Remote play used to work seamlessly. It has been giving me the error of finding my console, but unable to connect to it. My speeds aren’t a problem (5G... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ryan Rolfes, Nov 21, 2022.

  1. Ryan Rolfes
    Ryan Rolfes Guest

    Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect


    Remote play used to work seamlessly. It has been giving me the error of finding my console, but unable to connect to it. My speeds aren’t a problem (5G UW 300+ MBPS and 600MBPS+) and I have Open NAT with all forwarded ports needed. It works while on home home work just fine, but remote play has stopped working this last month. I’ve reset my Xbox apps, Xbox itself, and even my iPhone/ iPad with no success

    I see others have also had this issue. Is there an actual fix??

    :)
     
    Ryan Rolfes, Nov 21, 2022
    #1
  2. Ryan Rolfes Win User

    Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

    I think I understand. Xbox has moved actual remote play which worked quite well 3 weeks ago to the cloud gaming, so they can force users to purchase Xbox Ultimate. That’s very disappointing.
  3. Ryan Rolfes Win User

    Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

    I previously stated that it works fine on my home Wi-Fi network. The nature of the issue is while I am remote, I.e. over cellular and other home Wi-Fi networks. Below is the error it gives me.


    [​IMG]
  4. Kathy A. Win User

    Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

    Hi Ryan Rolfes,

    Thank you for sharing this information as this will greatly help and benefit the community.

    We will share your finding to our Internal Support Team too.

    Do not hesitate to create a new thread for future concerns - Create a new question or start a discussion.

    Happy thanksgiving! 🎉



    Regards,

  5. Kathy A. Win User

    Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

    Hello Ryan Rolfes,

    Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

    Based on your description, you are trying to remote play your Xbox Console to your iOS. We understand that you wanted to start doing remote play so you can get back to gaming.

    1. May we confirm if you are saw an error message or code? Please post a screenshot and conceal any personal information.
    2. Please ensure that the Xbox Console and iOS is connected on the same network.
    3. Enable remote features and sleep under Power Options for you to start.
    4. Please test your remote play and see if you have all in green check mark.
    5. Do you mind sharing details about your concern?
    Support article for your reference:

    How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

    Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

    Please update us on how it went, we look forward for your reply.

    Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.



    Sincerely,



    Xbox Forum Moderator

    Microsoft Community
  6. Ryan Rolfes Win User

    Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

    Thank you for your help.

    I tried to connect on my wife’s phone and it worked fine. My wife’s phone was IOS 15.6.1 and mine updated to 16.1.1.

    If that is the root of the problem, the Xbox community would surely benefit by having an update.
Thema:

Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect

Loading...
  1. Remote Play - Finds console but won’t connect - Similar Threads - Remote Play Finds

  2. I have 1440p remote play from beta branch somehow

    in XboX Insiders
    I have 1440p remote play from beta branch somehow: Im only in the beta branch of the insider program, not alpha which are meant to be the only ones with this I thought? and somehow I triggered 1440p remote play. I tried remote play on the Xbox...
  3. 1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?

    in XboX Insiders
    1440p Remote Play - Is this alpha only still?: I’ve been trying to understand how to get the newly updated Remote Play to actually show at 1440p across many different test devices to no avail. I see the updated options, I can check the 1440p...
  4. When you boot-up remote play it shows the old boot-up animation

    in XboX Insiders
    When you boot-up remote play it shows the old boot-up animation: I know this is a minor visual detail, but whenever I launch Xbox Remote Play (via browser), it still displays the original Series X|S boot-up screen. Shouldn't this be updated to the new green...
  5. Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't install games if using Xbox remote play to access the console since the most recent...: Prior to the update a couple days ago, I could remote into my Xbox from work and play and install games. Since the update, if I remote to the Xbox, it no longer has an install button for games....
  6. Remote Play Problems.. Can’t connect

    in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Problems.. Can’t connect: I have been trying to use the remote play feature and have been having issues. If I’m at home with my console, it works perfectly fine.. but that defeats the purpose. I’ve only gotten it to work...
  7. Remote Play is not working on the web!

    in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play is not working on the web!: When I first got my new Xbox (2024 I think) I would use remote play all the time; on the road, at home, across the country, and had no problems at all. but all of the sudden, once Microsoft...
  8. [GUIDE] Xbox Remote Play из РФ: 500 Мбит/с, Open NAT и решение проблемы «Черного экрана»

    in XboX Insiders
    [GUIDE] Xbox Remote Play из РФ: 500 Мбит/с, Open NAT и решение проблемы «Черного экрана»: Это статья написана с помощью ИИ, с которым совместно мы разбирались в тонкости и настройки всего нижесказанного. Если буде интересно, то отредактирую статью добавив конкретные скриншоты и еще...
  9. Can't Find Remote Play Settings

    in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Find Remote Play Settings: I want to change the streaming resolution to something like 480p for better performance, but I can't find the settings to do so. I go to Settings > Devices & Connections > Remote Features but I...
  10. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

    in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...