Remote play doesn’t work.

Discus and support Remote play doesn’t work. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Remote play doesn’t work anymore except when I’m home and on the same network. I have a series X and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I also tried on my 11 Pro... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by cterie, Dec 3, 2022.

1. cterie
    cterie Guest

Remote play doesn’t work anymore except when I’m home and on the same network. I have a series X and an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I also tried on my 11 Pro Max. It use to work on both phones but now only works when I’m at home. I’ve tried on other wifi networks as well as on data. No settings or internet service has changed.
    Remote play doesn’t work. [​IMG]

Remote play doesn’t work. [​IMG]

:)

cterie, Dec 3, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Cterie

Sorry for the inconveniences, this is something that’s affecting some users after updating to iOS 16

Microsoft is already aware of the problem and an agent communicated this problem with the internal support
    You can check a related thread here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Remote play doesn’t work

Hi Ana, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, change your connection DNS.

Follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Let me know if it works!
  4. cterie Win User

Thanks for the info. I hope they update the app with a fix soon. There are games I want to play on my Xbox that is not on cloud gaming.
  5. Protosolo Win User

Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network

There doesn’t seem to be an issue with with console. It runs fine remote from my iPad. But it doesn’t on the phone.

It doesn’t work on mobile data or wifi
  6. Georges C. Win User

Why doesn’t the audio work on remote play

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Paxton, what kind of device are you doing remote play for, for a PC, or for a mobile device?

Are you doing remote play on the same home network as your home, or would it be from an external network?

Remote play requires a lot of data compression for video and audio, depending on your network type, compression and audio transmission may be compromised for a few moments.
Thema:

1. Remote play doesn’t work. - Similar Threads - Remote play doesn’t

2. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  3. audio but no video with remote play on pc

in XboX Insiders
    audio but no video with remote play on pc: been trying to use remote play on my laptop from my series s but all i get is the audio from my game with no video. Tried with my phone and worked perfectly. I've tried closing and reopening,...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  6. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  7. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  8. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...
  9. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...: Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date. It’s giving me the error "Check your...
  10. Xbox remote play doesn’t work on apple devices

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play doesn’t work on apple devices: I can only remote play on my Microsoft Surface… neither my iPhone or iPad will connect to my Xbox. The iPhone will connect when using cellular data, but won’t when using wi-fi. Any fixes?...