Remote play display quality very poor when xbox is connected to some monitors

Discus and support Remote play display quality very poor when xbox is connected to some monitors in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Bad display resolution on my phone or laptop until I turn my monitor on that’s connected to my series X, sometimes it doesn’t work at all while my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Brock Laborde, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Remote play display quality very poor when xbox is connected to some monitors

Bad display resolution on my phone or laptop until I turn my monitor on that’s connected to my series X, sometimes it doesn’t work at all while my monitor is connected to my Xbox. If I unplug my HDMI cable from my Xbox, everything works perfectly. I’ve reached out to Dough who makes my Spectrum 4K monitor to see if they have any possible solution for me on their end; but wanted to ask the community if anyone has experienced this same issue.

The attached images will show you what the issue looks like and what happens at the exact moment I turn my monitor on or unplug my HDMI cable from my Xbox. I see a perfectly normal picture.

Remote play display quality very poor when xbox is connected to some monitors [​IMG]

Remote play display quality very poor when xbox is connected to some monitors [​IMG]

:)

Brock Laborde, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Brock, this is really strange, you already tried some procedure on your console, if you haven't tried it follow the procedures below.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.
  3. Brock Laborde Win User

I have completed the reset, keeping my apps and games and to no avail, the issue is still occurring. Doesn’t connect at all, until I power on my monitor….

I’m assuming the next step is a total factory reset, erasing everything?
  4. Georges C. Win User

You can also try this, but try connecting it to a TV instead of a monitor to see if it continues to behave the same way.
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Why is the remote play so blocky and laggy?

Hello Krustykashew, My name is Khaji I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

Remote play, which allows you to play your Xbox from another device, often depends on several factors, including the quality of the internet connection, network speed, connection stability, and the distance between the Xbox and the device you use to play remotely.

Although remote play has improved in recent generations of consoles, there can still be issues related to connection quality. Here are some possible reasons why you might be experiencing issues with Remote Play on your Xbox Series S:

Unstable or slow internet connection: Despite having a 5 GHz connection, stability and speed can fluctuate due to wireless interference, physical obstacles, or router problems.

Network settings on Xbox: Adjustments to your Xbox's network settings may improve the quality of remote play. Make sure your console is set up for a stable and fast connection.

App or software issues: Issues with the remote play app or the console itself can impact the quality of the remote experience. Make sure they are updated to the latest version available.

Latency issues: Latency is the amount of time it takes for information to be transmitted from the console to the remote device. If there is too much latency, you could experience response and audio delays.

Local network issues: Sometimes other devices on your local network can consume bandwidth, causing interference when connecting to the Xbox.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Poor quality remote play streaming - Xbox

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Moderator
Thema:

1. Remote play display quality very poor when xbox is connected to some monitors - Similar Threads - Remote play display

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  10. Mobile Touch Controls(remote play)

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Touch Controls(remote play): Hey Team Xbox; just wanted to divulge this little minor detail, I have the iPhone14proMax and the “dynamic island” cuts off most of the left trigger touch control button/input. I am still able to...