Remote Play button missing from Windows Xbox app

Discus and support Remote Play button missing from Windows Xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've used remote play on my Windows laptop through the Xbox app since I got my Series X and all has been fine, but today, I launched the Xbox app and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xxx3N1GM4xxX, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Xxx3N1GM4xxX
    Xxx3N1GM4xxX Guest

I've used remote play on my Windows laptop through the Xbox app since I got my Series X and all has been fine, but today, I launched the Xbox app and the buttons was missing entirely from where it usually appears, between my profile name and the notifications button. I can still use remote play without issues on my phone with the mobile Xbox app.

I searched online and found some people saying that a reset of their console fixed this, so I went ahead and did a full reset (with "keep games and apps" selected), then went ahead an set up remote play on the console again, also restarting the console after making these changes. But this didn't make any difference to the problem.

I then went to the live support which puts you in touch with a gamer in the community and was advised to use ipconfig to release and renew my IP, as well as doing a DNS flush and a disk cleanup, after which the problem persisted.

They then told me to put either my console or PC into the DMZ on my network *and* forward the following ports:

88 UDP
    3074 UPD & TCP (UDP was already being forwarded by uPnP)
    53 UPD & TCP
    80 TCP
    500 UDP
    3544 UDP
    4500 UDP

I did question why it would be necessary to place a device in the DMZ *and* forward ports, which they told me "this is what Microsoft recommend". I also questioned the fact that they said it didn't matter whether it was my console or PC which I placed into the DMZ and forwarded these ports to, as that seemed odd.

In any case, it still hasn't resolved the issue and they finally said that they think there are other people experiencing this same issue, so I'm here now asking if anyone else is having this problem and whether you've been able to resolve it, or if MS are working on a fix for it?

:)

Xxx3N1GM4xxX, Oct 10, 2022
  2. Xxx3N1GM4xxX Win User

Yes, all seems to be working again now, thank you.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this XXX3N1GM4XXX

Exists the possibility that this could be a temporary issue related to an outage that has already been fixed that doesn't let you install +18 / rated games from the store.
    https://twitter.com/xboxsupport/status/15795189...

May I know if you still experience this issue with remote play?
  4. Mrs P666 Win User

This has just happened to me. I have an Xbox One and it's been working fine since I started playing remotely in January. It was fine yesterday. I went to play this afternoon and the button was missing from the app. I've tried everything I can think of and nothing worked so I decided to uninstall the app and start afresh. The app stops downloading at 130kb!

I'm hoping it's just a temporary problem that Microsoft are working on because it's really frustrating. I can play on the big TV but I prefer to remotely play on my PC.
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Need help with Xbox Remote play, black screen after starting remote play

In the Windows 10 Xbox app, click on the three dots next to the button to connect to the Xbox via remote play and choose 'Remove Console'. Once it is removed, select 'Add Console' and go through the process of adding the console back as a remote play option. This will require you to be at your actual Xbox to set up up.
  6. Gailwilliams09 Win User

A black screen appears when I start remote play on pc, Xbox app, I have been through all Xbox support and checked, please, this been going on for 4 months .

It didn't seem to resolve the issue that when I start remote play on my windows device from the Xbox app (windows), a black screen appears forcing me to exit out the Xbox app, I have tried all Xbox support please can someone help?
Thema:

1. Remote Play button missing from Windows Xbox app - Similar Threads - Remote Play button

2. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  3. my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Laptop will not remote play with my xbox series s: I have done all updates, turned on remote play, It connects to the app on my phone but not on my laptop. Pls help 30d77d8c-473b-4f10-b1f1-de9d5182f6a7
  4. My remote play issues on pc since new update

in XboX Insiders
    My remote play issues on pc since new update: I did all updates on pc and on xbox' it connects tells me to enable remote play but then it doesn't not connect after just crashes... submitted by /u/IntheCloudsgaming [link] [comments]
  5. Remote Play Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play Issues: Hi All I have enabled remote play features on my xbox and using a handheld PC to connect to it using the xbox app. It connects intermittenly only from the handheld PC. It might work every second...
  6. Xbox Remote Play connection issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play connection issues.: I'm having a small, but annoying problem with the Xbox Remote Play feature, in the sense that every so often, probably once or twice every hour or 2, it'll say that it disconnected and then...
  7. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  8. Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Remote Play Microsoft Rewards: Can I set up remote play on the Xbox One S so I can check the Microsoft Rewards app from my phone or laptop? f74e807f-bd08-404f-a6a0-e649d94e5728
  9. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...: i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet...
  10. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...