Relink an unlink account on Fortnite

Discus and support Relink an unlink account on Fortnite in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Guys, My 11 year old son got an Xbox last week and set it al;l up. He couldn't chat with friends on other platforms, I know think this is because he... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JemSc, Apr 10, 2020.

1. JemSc
    JemSc Guest

Guys,

My 11 year old son got an Xbox last week and set it al;l up.

He couldn't chat with friends on other platforms, I know think this is because he isn't 13 form another post I have read.

So he unlinked his account hoping he could reinstall and fix it but he now has been given a new account on the Xbox, old one still on the PC'

Need to know how to get the old account back on the Xbox and if I can somewhere change setting so he can talk to other friends on other platforms using the Xbox.

Sorry for the long post but I have no clue how these things work !

Look forward to some help please for a frustrated 11 year old who has a new toy he cant enjoy after years of waiting and now in lock down !!

Thanks

Jeremy

:)

JemSc, Apr 10, 2020
  2. MyburghDu Toit Win User

Can you please assist.

My son's xbox live account is linked to unnamed epic account.

I have revoked the access of epic games on the microsoft side.

Tried to connect via epic website and have seen that microsoft now indicates newly linked with current presonalized account.

Issue is that in epic i cant get it connected .....indicates " your xbl account has been associated with another epic account"

Please assit :(
  3. DillonHagood Win User

i have the identical problem! Everything from the original account is gone and don't see a way to get it back. Same gamertag but no way to get the information back that i can see. I'm getting the same message on epic games website!
  4. JemSc Win User

EPIC were really helpfull and I got told to do this and it fixed my problem.

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your kind cooperation so far!

My name is Marilyn and I will be assisting you today.

I have located the problem and it seems like your Xbox account is currently connected to a Headless/Nameless Epic Account, which happened since you disconnected it from your main Epic Games account.

Here's how it happened: upon starting Fortnite on your Xbox for the first time, you were asked if you wanted to create an Epic account. If you chose not to do this, a "nameless" Epic account was created on our end so that all your progress and saved data
    could be stored successfully. A "nameless" account is an Epic account that doesn't contain a display name, password, email address, first or last name.

In order for you to gain full access to your Xbox account, you have to create a new or use an alternative email.

Once you have created the new email, you will use it to promote the headless/nameless account.

In order to gain access to this "nameless" account, please follow these instructions:

1. Go to www.epicgames.com and make sure that you are not logged-in. If you are, log out.

2. Click on the SIGN IN button, but do NOT sign in yet.

3. Select the icon corresponding to the console you are playing on.

4. Sign in to your console’s respective account (email and password) (this means the email and password you use for your console Account (not your Epic Account).

5. On the next page you'll need to fill the following information (first and last name, country, display name, email and password) and press the "Create Account" button.

After promoting that account you need to disconnect XBOX console from it. In order to disconnect it please follow the steps below:

1. Log into the newly promoted account and verify your email address (http://epic.gm/4etz). If you have already verified your email, proceed to Step 2.

2. Visit your Connected Accounts (http://epic.gm/ooto) page.

3. Click DISCONNECT below the console/platform account if you want to disconnect.

After doing so, please click on this link in order to connect your XBOX back to your son's main Epic account:

https://www.epicgames.com/account/connected

I hope my message was informative and beneficial to you!

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Please remember that my colleagues and I remain available to assist you with any other issues you stumble upon, so please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Stay safe,

Epic Games Player Support - Marilyn K.
  5. JemSc Win User

Sorry so the account on Xbox is good.

He logged in to the Epic Games portal on the PC and unlinked your Fortnite profile to the Xbox and then tried

He can log in but it shows a new version of his fornite account with the same screen name but no record, no saved data, no levels etc.

On the PC he can log in and play with all the attributes he previously had on the xbox.

It is the Fortnite account with the Xbox Live account that has changed so we need to relink the old Fornite account, which he can still use on the

PC by logging in to the Epic Games Launcher, back onto the Xbox.

When we try to connect the Epic Games account to the Xbox we get this

Sorry, but this xbl account has already been linked to another Epic Games account.

We tried deleting/uninstalling Fortnite on the xBox and reinstallign but it connected ot the new account that had been created !

We don't know how to unlink the xbox form the new account it created and sync the xbox to his Epic Games account

Sorry for the confusion but as I said I am really not goo at this stuff.

Hope that helps.
  6. JemSc Win User

Appreciate the quick response. Will give it a go as he only used to have oe acocutn but when he unlinked and then tried on the Xbox it created another account for him..as I said over my head but will follow the links you have kindly shared.

Will update you soon...Thanks again
Thema:

1. Relink an unlink account on Fortnite - Similar Threads - Relink unlink account

2. Xbox keeps asking me to relink discord

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox keeps asking me to relink discord: I tried to connect to my server to talk to my friends like I normally do and it asked me to relink it which I did then when I tried again it told me I still had to relink again. I even...
  3. Can't relink Xbox account to epic games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't relink Xbox account to epic games: I unlinked my xbox account from epic games through the Microsoft website and when I try to relink my xbox account to my new Epic games account, it gives me an error saying "unable to connect...
  4. Can not link/relink Discord to Xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can not link/relink Discord to Xbox: Send support this message...
  5. My Xbox won’t relink my discord account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox won’t relink my discord account: Whenever I try to join a discord call on Xbox it keeps on telling me I need to relink it and when I do relink it it just tells me to do it again. I tried everything unlinking and linking discord...
  6. Relinking discord account.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Relinking discord account.: When trying to access my discord channels through Xbox it said I needed to relink my account and brought me to settings. I relinked my account several times. When it didn’t work I unlinked and...
  7. How do I relink my discord account to my Xbox account if it won’t let me?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I relink my discord account to my Xbox account if it won’t let me?: I just booted up my Xbox Series X to play some games and I went to use discord but it said that I had to relink my account. So I went to the settings to relink the account, but it still wants me...
  8. Why is the bug for my Xbox asking to constantly relink my Discord still happening?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the bug for my Xbox asking to constantly relink my Discord still happening?: I am having an issue with my Xbox saying I have to relink my Discord account. It never did this till tonight. Last week it was working fine for me. Now whenever I try to relink my account from...
  9. How to Unlink/Relink PS4 account for Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Unlink/Relink PS4 account for Minecraft: I am unable to sign into my microsoft account on the PS4 version of Minecraft. I originally created a minecraft account years ago with Mojang, and migrated it to link to my Microsoft account...
  10. Unlink/RElink epic games account to my xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unlink/RElink epic games account to my xbox account: I tried to connect my xbox account to my epic games account but epic said I already have an epic games account linked to my xbox account. I want to know how to unlink my xbox profile to whatever...