Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through...

Discus and support Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just recently fully reinstalled windows and wiped my primary drive but left my other 3 drives alone and since then all my game pass games are fully... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by YeBoiCallum, Jul 6, 2022.

1. YeBoiCallum
    YeBoiCallum Guest

Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through...

I just recently fully reinstalled windows and wiped my primary drive but left my other 3 drives alone and since then all my game pass games are fully there without a megabyte missing or out of place but won't run or be detected on the xbox app , windows store or even in system settings when i go to storage it comes up as ''Other'' but all the files are there i tried tons of troubleshooting and many restarts later and to nothing and only my game pass games are affected not steam,riot,epic games or even games that don't have any active retailer only game pass games and when i try to run them through admin or file explorer it won't do anything or comes up as ''Incompatible'' it is the same verison of windows same verison of win store and xbox app and im signed in to my account and it comes up as ''ulitimate'' so it detects my subscription so im puzzled why this is happening or why it not working
    Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through... [​IMG]

Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through... [​IMG]

:)

YeBoiCallum, Jul 6, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through other means

You are welcome, my friend. Sorry to give you bad news. And if you need anything else or have any other question, please let me know.
  3. Lucas Lauer Win User

Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through other means

Hello, YeBoiCallum. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

Unfortunately, if you format your computer - specifically the partition that has Windows installed - you will need to install your games again. This is also true if you install a game on an external HD on a computer and try to play the game using the external HD on another computer - even if the Microsoft account used to sign in to the Xbox app is the same.

There is nothing official about this, but I believe the game license is stored on the operational system partition or on the registry. So if you format your computer - or change computers - the game is not recognized as installed, even if it is installed on another partition/drive.

I know this is not the answer you were expecting, but you will need to download and install your games again. I'm sorry about this.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
  4. YeBoiCallum Win User

Thanks for the response,No this wasn't the result or answer i was looking for as i have over 1.5tb of games stored it will take me atleast 3 to 5 days worth of installing that without all the setups and dlcs but all well thanks for the answer and insight
  5. Seraf__ Win User

PC Xbox game pass - Football Manager 2020 won't run

FM2020 won't run, every time I try to run the game it closes Xbox Game Pass and the game won't start up. My drivers are up to date, I have tried reinstalling the game, reinstalling the Xbox Game Pass, running the game in administrator. Nothing will work.

Can someone please help with a fix?

Thanks
    Same problem. No idea how to fix.

Just restart your pc and try to run again fm2020, it usually works.
  6. SpaceUnicorn Win User

Halo: Master Chief Connection

I have done all this. I had to completely reinstall and configure my sound card and video card; because post gaming on halo: MCC yesterday glitches started happening without the program running. Have now uninstalled and wiped all evidence of Halo: MCC and
    Microsoft gaming software from my PC. Verified my Windows edition. Confirmed the reinstalled and configured sound and video drivers work with other apps. Am now reinstalling the MCC. If this doesn't work I will simple cancel my subscription to game pass.

I have spent more time troubleshooting than playing.
Thema:

1. Reinstalled windows, Now my pc game pass games all won't run,be detected , or start through... - Similar Threads - Reinstalled windows game

2. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  3. Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the servers,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the servers,...: Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 in the Minecraft game on the servers, everything started to lag, something like ping, but it is stable, in the range of...
  4. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  5. XBOX PC for Windows APP Would NOT Update & Will NOT Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX PC for Windows APP Would NOT Update & Will NOT Reinstall: The XBOX APP will not reinstall on my new computer. Initially, it would not update on my new computer. It is supposed to include 3 months of Xbox Game Pass and the app will not work whatsoever....
  6. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  7. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  8. Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall: So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or other programs are showing up. I see that they...
  9. COD Warzone 2.0 does not launch even after reinstalling windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Warzone 2.0 does not launch even after reinstalling windows: device specs: Intel Pentium Gold G5420 3.8ghz 2core/4threads (idles at 35c, runs at 55c on max use) Kingston KRV24N17D8/16 16gb module x2 (32gb) CL 17 2400mhz, non OC or XMP support MSI H310M...
  10. forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows: hi i have forza horizon 5 installed in other drive can i restore it after reinstalling windows without redownloading it ? its about 130~140 gb and kinda hurt to download it again...