reinstalled windows games from other drive not in xbox app

Discus and support reinstalled windows games from other drive not in xbox app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just reinstalled windows 11 and i just opened the xbox app and the games i have installed is not showing up they are installed on another drive than... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Patrick Clausen, Jul 16, 2022.

1. reinstalled windows games from other drive not in xbox app

I just reinstalled windows 11 and i just opened the xbox app and the games i have installed is not showing up they are installed on another drive than the windows drive, i just tried to click install on a game that already was on the drive, but it have me an error, but the worst part when i clicked on the cancel installation button it deleted the game from the drive

:)

Patrick Clausen, Jul 16, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Patrick

Sorry to say but right now the Xbox app doesn't have the ability to recognize existing/already installed games.

You may need to reinstall the games in order to play them again.

Hope it helps, if you have further questions feel free to ask
    Greetings from another Microsoft user
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Xbox game pass PC downloads to drives.

have you reinstalled windows lately, with it coming up stating delete other apps is that it has found apps on there from a previous installation, these apps are not usable as windows will not use the already created folders on that drive, it will then delete
    the apps only not the drive itself then you can save to that drive.

this is a kind of drm, if you install games and apps from the windows store to a drive and then windows changes via re install then they become useless and need to be removed to use that drive as windows storage again.
  4. CreusFT Win User

Regarding Xbox app and Windows Reinstall

Hello, thank you for your reply, but I believe that's not true. As I stated, previously, when i reinstalled Windows, Xbox app games ON OTHER drives, remained there and undeletable. Would just uninstalling the games work?
  5. BarryWallis Win User

Can't launch Flight Simulator 2020 on Game Pass

I also tried installing on a different drive, running as admin, reinstalling XBox beta app, running from XBox, running from Windows Store, running from start menu, terminate the app, repairing the app, resetting the app. All to no avail.
  6. CarTzy Win User

Can't Launch PC Game Pass games from any other drives other than my C: drive.

Hello deanoandy10,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble launching PC Game Pass games from other drives than your C: drive. Here are some possible solutions that you can try:

- Make sure your Windows 10 is up to date and has the latest updates installed.

- Check if you have enough free space on your C: drive, as some games may require additional files to be downloaded or installed there.

- Run the Xbox app as an administrator and try launching the games from there.

- Uninstall and reinstall the games that are not working on the other drives, and make sure to select the correct drive when installing them.

See: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps and you can enjoy your games soon. If you have any other questions or issues, please let us know.
Thema:

1. reinstalled windows games from other drive not in xbox app - Similar Threads - reinstalled windows games

2. Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i reinstall windows without deleting my game name msfs, it is not downloaded in c drive...: Hey there i bought a game which took me 30 hours to downloaded, becuase of less space on c drive i downloaded it on h drive,rn my windows is driving me crazy i want to know if i reinstall the...
  3. Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the servers,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 on the servers,...: Good evening, I had the following problem: After reinstalling Windows 10 in the Minecraft game on the servers, everything started to lag, something like ping, but it is stable, in the range of...
  4. Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...

in XboX Insiders
    Error with Xbox app on PC. (Windows 10 64 BITS) (Tried: Reinstalling both Xbox live app and...: I need some help regarding the Xbox app on PC, everytime I try to open a game the following message appears "To enter Xbox, install this structure: Webview2 runtime", then an option appears which...
  5. XBOX PC for Windows APP Would NOT Update & Will NOT Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX PC for Windows APP Would NOT Update & Will NOT Reinstall: The XBOX APP will not reinstall on my new computer. Initially, it would not update on my new computer. It is supposed to include 3 months of Xbox Game Pass and the app will not work whatsoever....
  6. Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox One PC controller adapter bricked after reinstalling Windows: As title states, After reinstalling Windows on my PC the Xbox One controller is totally unresponsive. I’ve tried reinstalling drivers, uninstalling the device and then installing drivers again....
  7. cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant backup forza horzizon 5 on my D drive for windows reinstall: i cant copy it it says that i have to be an administrator ven though i am and when i checked and my user has full cntrol permission set on it and it says that i cant edit it because is corrupt or...
  8. Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games not showing up after Windows Reinstall: So, a recent Windows update borked my system so I had to do a fresh reinstall, and afterwards all my data remained the same but none of my games or other programs are showing up. I see that they...
  9. COD Warzone 2.0 does not launch even after reinstalling windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    COD Warzone 2.0 does not launch even after reinstalling windows: device specs: Intel Pentium Gold G5420 3.8ghz 2core/4threads (idles at 35c, runs at 55c on max use) Kingston KRV24N17D8/16 16gb module x2 (32gb) CL 17 2400mhz, non OC or XMP support MSI H310M...
  10. forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza horizon 5 restore after reinstalling windows: hi i have forza horizon 5 installed in other drive can i restore it after reinstalling windows without redownloading it ? its about 130~140 gb and kinda hurt to download it again...