Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move

Discus and support Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by StoneFur, May 29, 2024.

1. StoneFur
    StoneFur Guest

So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into another World's folder. Now I want to go back to that world to replicate some of the builds, but half of the chunks are missing. I go to the nether, everything is there but the portals just lead to new chunks and portals. I did a bit of researching and searching, and I played around with the region files on a world copy. The region I most want to recover is r.2, -10.mca, however this file is missing. Every positive file is missing, and there seems to be alot of files that end with (2) and (3). I don't remember exactly what happened, but my guess is that there was a faulty move and some files got replaced. Is there any way to recover these files, is there anything I can do?
    I wanted to move the world in the first place to create a new world of the same name. All the poi files for the missing chunks are still there.

:)

StoneFur, May 29, 2024
  2. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Minecraft Worlds Dissapearing

For in-game issues contact the game developer or post in their forums to get better support
  3. Galeria Gaming Win User

My minecraft world disappear

Well but if the world corrupted, only that world should disappear, but not only my world disappeared, all the worlds played after the day 10/29 dissapeared, anyways, I will try import my worlds to another device to see what happens
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

My Minecraft Education Code Projects were deleted after game restart

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey StrawberryAppleWatermelon45, how are you today? Hope you're well.

StrawberryAppleWatermelon45,

I'm so sorry to hear that you can't find your projects. It sounds like they may have been corrupted when the game restarted. If you'd like to investigate, Minecraft: Education Edition worlds are stored locally on your device and on a PC you may still be able to find the world files here:

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Minecraft Education Edition\games\com.mojang\minecraftWorlds

The tricky part of this is that the world folders are listed with a "GUID", which is a series of letters and numbers that don't correlate to the world name that you'd recognize. Here what I would suggest to find the world and see if you can still open it:

sort the Minecraft Worlds folder by date and try to pinpoint the time you were last in the world

open the folder that has a date/time close to the last time you were in the world

open the file called "levelname.txt" in a text editor to see the name of the world. If it's the world you are looking for, close the file and move to the next step

copy the entire folder for this world to your desktop, or another convenient location

open the folder in this new location, select all of the files in the directory, right click and then select "Send to Compressed (zipped) folder"

A new file with extension ".zip" will show up in this folder. Move this .zip file to the desktop, or another convenient location

Rename the .zip file to "[WORLDNAME].mcworld" - WORLDNAME is a name you choose that is recognizeable to you

Double click on this file, and Minecraft: Education Edition will launch

If you get an error about the import process, your world has become corrupted and you will not be able to open it. in Minecraft: Education Edition.

If you're worried that the machine may blue screen again in the future, it's a great idea to export and save your worlds after every session.

(Source:

https://educommunity.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/com...)

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
  5. Артур Мамш Win User

How to save my worlds from one phone to another?

With your pre-installed file manager, did you check its option to show hidden files? There has to be an option to show your hidden folders or files.
    I did not find a way that the file manager installed on the phone would display these files when moving, but I found a life hack with which I promoted the world files to the folder files , but further into the folder games , com.mojang, minecraftWorlds they do not go , An error pops up .
    [​IMG]

It says file operation is not supported . This means that I will not be able to move the files to the minecraftWorlds folder myself.

I tried to create another folder with minecraftworlds files, but it didn't work I've tried everything, at the moment. I don't know how to restore my worlds. After all, the function that should find all the worlds in Minecraft also does not read the files of the worlds, in what format they would not be, it also reproduces the search in that manager, in which the data folder is simply not displayed. My phone is Samsung S22. Please help, maybe there is some free way to save my worlds and then repent them
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can't sign in to minecraft

I'm going to assume that you already tried cleaning your web browser data and cache.

In this case please delete minecraft
    After that open the file explorer and find the minecraft folder > delete it permanently
    (make sure to backup your worlds if necessary)

After that, restart your device and install minecraft again
Thema:

1. Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move - Similar Threads - Region Files dissapearing

2. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  3. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  4. Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions: So the title describes practically everything, I can't use discord on my xbox, the discord tab just isn't there, but when I switch regions or console location the tab is there and I can use...
  5. I want to buy palworld from German region then change it to my current one im gonna keep...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to buy palworld from German region then change it to my current one im gonna keep...: Hi wo i want to buy this game "PALWORLD" FROM THE GERMANY REGION BECAUSE I HAVE SOME ACCOUNT BALANCE ON THE GERMANY REGION THEN CHANGE TO MY CURRENT REGION IM GONNA KEEP THE GAME AND BEING ABLE TO...
  6. Region locked gift

in XBoX on Windows
    Region locked gift: So my friend gifted me a Saints Row IV: Re-Elected, but they live in a different country and the code is region locked, anyway around that or is there a way to give them a refund?...
  7. Fehler gefunden, Erfolge, Region Deutschland.

in XboX Insiders
    Fehler gefunden, Erfolge, Region Deutschland.: Ich habe knapp 3 Tage mit dem Community Support geschrieben, wegen diesem Fehler. Diesen Fehler, betrifft mich und meine Xbox Freunde. Und zwar meint der Support, dass es regional sein kann und...
  8. Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?: So im also asking if every physical game discs is region free for example f1 2018 or something and if im trying to change my xbox one language and region and my country ia not there then what...
  9. Do xbox global codes work everywhere including regions that dont have live service and if...

in XBoX on Windows
    Do xbox global codes work everywhere including regions that dont have live service and if...: I just want to know because i don't want to get an invalid code e6a13e8f-4425-4700-a48e-cec3cc37798a
  10. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...