Refurbished XBox 360 console banned after one week??

Discus and support Refurbished XBox 360 console banned after one week?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my son a refurbished XBox 360 with the 20GB hard drive. He played online for one week using 2-day passes that came with his games. Tonight... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BoldTangent8136, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Refurbished XBox 360 console banned after one week??

I bought my son a refurbished XBox 360 with the 20GB hard drive. He played online for one week using 2-day passes that came with his games. Tonight he started up the XBox and saw a message stating his console was banned. No reason or warning accompanied
    this message.

I am curious to know what our options are here. Can someone with the ability to provide information and perhaps reverse this contact me? I called technical support and there was nothing they could do, which was very frustrating.

We have a reference number if that helps speed things up. The CSR said that it's possible the previous owner violated the terms of use and the console ban carried over from then. I could understand this if happened right away but he was able to play interrupted
    for a few days. I'm just at a loss for words here.. This is by far the most inefficient, frustrating customer service experience I've ever had. Where do I go for real answers and solutions or did I just lose my money??

Anyone else having this issue? I'm told ban reversal is not possible. That seems quite stupid to me.

:)

BoldTangent8136, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Nilrem
    Nilrem Guest
    In regards to Entertainment For All Plan

I am curious if the 250GB xbox is a refurbished one or a new one. At Gamestop retailer website they dont have plain Xbox 360 250Gb consoles with one controller without it being either a refurbished console or part of a bundle.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/xbox-360/systems?nav=1385-c4

If this is a refurbished deal why would I pay over $300 even as a payment plan? This is the only 250GB 360 they have that is NOT refurbished.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/consoles/xbox-360-250gb-bundle/104892

The same with Best Buy. So is it a refurbished console or no? I don't see anywhere in the fine print on if it is or not.

Nilrem, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Microsoft's Advanced Exchange Service?

UPDATE: 23/10/2014

I just received my console today and as I was expecting a refurbished console NOT a brand new one. The good thing is they got it right this time and it actually works!

Recap: Sent my brand new xbox one for fan noise issues... Got sent back a replacement (refurbished) doesn't even work (shows somekind of error that asks contact xbox support) contacted xbox support and they "advanced exchange repair" me. After a day got
    my new (refurbished) xbox one that works.

thank you xbox! I love your refurbished xbox one's even though I sent you a new one you gave me back a refurbished one.

SpaciestHarp203, Jan 5, 2014
  4. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

yes the ban is permanent this is why you should never buy a used or refurbished system as it is buyer beware. you will have to take it up with the place you got it from there is no other option sorry.

davemcfly85, Jan 5, 2014
  5. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    Apologies, but Microsoft have always recommended to only purchase new Xbox consoles from authorized retailers. For an official answer, please post here (forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx)

iNb4 Ownage, Jan 5, 2014
  6. Unkn0wn1
    Unkn0wn1 Guest
    When a console is banned, that ban remains on the console regardless of the owner..The purchaser must assume the risk for any previous modifications. Just like what "iNb4 Ownage" said, Microsoft recommends to purchase new Xbox 360 consoles. Since the console
    ban is in effect, unfortunately you will not be able to access Xbox live

Unkn0wn1, Jan 5, 2014
  7. Wow, this is quite possibly the most asinine policy ever. Can you imagine if this approach was used for other things? Imagine with used cars.

"Sorry, m'am, your car was involved in an hit-and-run accident ten years ago, with an owner we know is completely unrelated to you, so we're arresting you for man slaughter.. We can't reverse this decision."

LMAO... Absolutely stupid.

I understand that refurbished XBox 360s are "buyer beware" but these are manufacturer refurbished consoles.. Microsoft Support confirmed this. So it boggles my mind that they don't change out the hardware or erase the storage so that it's essentially a
    clean slate. Clearly, Microsoft is fine with getting more money but they don't want to invest in proper support.

Let's face it: used or not, every XBox 360 leads to more software and accessories sales so Microsoft is reaping the benefit. They really need to give back to their customers. This is poor business practice. Period.

Furthermore, what boggles my mind most is that XBox LIVE worked fine for several days. My son played for hours, restarted the XBox 360 a few times, and no issues arose. I appreciate your answers but none of these explain the logic behind this *** poor
    experience.

BoldTangent8136, Jan 6, 2014
  8. Refurbished XBox 360 console banned after one week??

BoldTangent,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue. I find it very unusual that your son was able to play online for a few days before this occurred. Typically once the console is banned it is banned and you can't connect to Xbox Live ever again. I would recommend creating
    a new thread in the 09 - Xbox 360 Account Suspensions & Console Bans forums to find out exactly what is going on. They should be able to tell you why the
    console was banned and hopefully a date so you know whether it was something your son did or if it was something done previously. If it was done previously, I would recommend taking the console back to the retailer that sold it to you explaining the situation.
    If it was purchased not too long ago I would imagine you should be able to get a refund or an exchange from the retailer. I know this isn't an ideal situation for you but just wanted to present some possible options. Let us know if you have any other questions
    or concerns.

eG x Thee Elf, Jan 6, 2014
  9. iNb4 Ownage
    iNb4 Ownage Guest
    Hello again BoldTangent. I apologize but did you read the first post that I wrote? If not, I specifically told you that Microsoft recommends not purchasing refurbished or used consoles. So, in other words, relating to your example. That would be like
    the Police telling you "Hey, don't purchase a used car because this is what can happen." but you chose to do it anyways. So, ether way you put that, it's on you. It was your choice to purchase a refurbished console even though Microsoft tell everyone not
    to do it because this is the exact reason why. Sorry

iNb4 Ownage, Oct 31, 2018
  10. eG x Thee Elf Win User

BoldTangent,

Sorry to hear you are having an issue. I find it very unusual that your son was able to play online for a few days before this occurred. Typically once the console is banned it is banned and you can't connect to Xbox Live ever again. I would recommend creating
    a new thread in the 09 - Xbox 360 Account Suspensions & Console Bans forums to find out exactly what is going on. They should be able to tell you why the
    console was banned and hopefully a date so you know whether it was something your son did or if it was something done previously. If it was done previously, I would recommend taking the console back to the retailer that sold it to you explaining the situation.
    If it was purchased not too long ago I would imagine you should be able to get a refund or an exchange from the retailer. I know this isn't an ideal situation for you but just wanted to present some possible options. Let us know if you have any other questions
    or concerns.
  11. BoldTangent8136 Win User

Wow, this is quite possibly the most asinine policy ever. Can you imagine if this approach was used for other things? Imagine with used cars.

"Sorry, m'am, your car was involved in an hit-and-run accident ten years ago, with an owner we know is completely unrelated to you, so we're arresting you for man slaughter.. We can't reverse this decision."

LMAO... Absolutely stupid.

I understand that refurbished XBox 360s are "buyer beware" but these are manufacturer refurbished consoles.. Microsoft Support confirmed this. So it boggles my mind that they don't change out the hardware or erase the storage so that it's essentially a
    clean slate. Clearly, Microsoft is fine with getting more money but they don't want to invest in proper support.

Let's face it: used or not, every XBox 360 leads to more software and accessories sales so Microsoft is reaping the benefit. They really need to give back to their customers. This is poor business practice. Period.

Furthermore, what boggles my mind most is that XBox LIVE worked fine for several days. My son played for hours, restarted the XBox 360 a few times, and no issues arose. I appreciate your answers but none of these explain the logic behind this *** poor
    experience.
  12. Unkn0wn1 Win User

When a console is banned, that ban remains on the console regardless of the owner..The purchaser must assume the risk for any previous modifications. Just like what "iNb4 Ownage" said, Microsoft recommends to purchase new Xbox 360 consoles. Since the console
    ban is in effect, unfortunately you will not be able to access Xbox live
  13. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Apologies, but Microsoft have always recommended to only purchase new Xbox consoles from authorized retailers. For an official answer, please post here (forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx)
  14. davemcfly85 Win User

yes the ban is permanent this is why you should never buy a used or refurbished system as it is buyer beware. you will have to take it up with the place you got it from there is no other option sorry.
Thema:

1. Refurbished XBox 360 console banned after one week?? - Similar Threads - Refurbished 360 console

2. Xbox S - Refurbished having problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox S - Refurbished having problems: Xbox S - when trying to perform a function such at open apps or restart/shut off controller you have to hold the button down on the controller until the display screen shakes and it will...
  3. Factory refurbished Xbox X turns off spontaneously and will not turn on by pushing the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Factory refurbished Xbox X turns off spontaneously and will not turn on by pushing the...: As above. I’ve tried all the tricks and tips listed here. No error message. TV goes straight to black screen. This is a refurbished Xbox X replacing an Xbox One. b24363c4-3f21-4fb6-8d47-cbed8e1e95e0
  4. Preowned or refurbished? Which one do you recommend?

in XboX Insiders
    Preowned or refurbished? Which one do you recommend?: Og xbox one from GameStop, which one should I buy? submitted by /u/radiokilla123 [link] [comments]
  5. Question on Xbox elite controller 2 being able to get refurbished.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question on Xbox elite controller 2 being able to get refurbished.: So I bought an xbox elite controller 2 not too long ago and I want to get the plastic on the right and left bumpers replaced as well as getting the controller joysticks undusted since I think...
  6. Is my warranty replacement console new or refurbished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is my warranty replacement console new or refurbished: I started a repair ticket on my 1TB Series S console that was purchased brand new in box from target about 3 months ago roughly, it was placed In a well vented area, never mistreated and always...
  7. Is it possible to get another serial number sticker after I refurbished an Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to get another serial number sticker after I refurbished an Xbox one: So I was refurbishing my friends Xbox one because His little brother destroyed the whole xbox the serial number sticker was removed the vents were removed the Optical drive was broken So I...
  8. Hi all, just bought a refurbished xbox one x from gamestop.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi all, just bought a refurbished xbox one x from gamestop.: Hi I'm hoping someone can help, just bought a refurbished xbox one x from game stop, set it all up did updates, did everything and was working great. Then started downloading my game world of...
  9. is there any way to get a new replacement not refurbish with xbox one controller?

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there any way to get a new replacement not refurbish with xbox one controller?: recently i got a xbox one controller which was broken. called mirosoft korea since im in korea and they said they can only offer refurbish even though id only bought it a day ago.. so i called...
  10. do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not ...: do microsoft sell internal hard drives or refurbish your old ones, as mine ticks and will not work,if so how much. b54ad1e5-607a-48b6-ae51-2c28585729ba