Refund for Live Gold auto renewal

Discus and support Refund for Live Gold auto renewal in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Hi, Just noticed a 49.99 charge through PayPal for Xbox Live Gold dates 16th February. I did not know it was set to auto renew. I would not have... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by GTBegg, Feb 19, 2020.

1. GTBegg
    GTBegg Guest

Hi,

Just noticed a 49.99 charge through PayPal for Xbox Live Gold dates 16th February. I did not know it was set to auto renew. I would not have purchased at the moment as I barely have the money to buy it at present.

I have read I can have a refund (pro rata) if I cancel. I have selected to cancel the subscription but I can't follow this through to request refund. The browser takes me to the contact us page to confirm, but then the chat service does not enable it to
    be completed and continues to redirect me to the subscriptions page which I've already visited to select cancellation.

How can I confirm cancellation and obtain a definite refund?

Thanks

Geoff

:)

GTBegg, Feb 19, 2020
  2. SLB4EVERPT Win User

Xbox live gold

That happen because on your xbox live gold subscription is on auto renew. You can check it here : http://account.microsoft.com/subscriptions .

When you buy xbox live gold directly from Microsoft you get auto renew automatically (prepaid cards will ask after redeem if you want auto renew), if you didnt want to renew, you should disable auto renew on the link above before the expire date or you will
    be charged again.

For refund or billing related questions you will need to contact the official Xbox Support. They are the only ones that can determine if a refund is possible or not.

To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Microsoft Support Chat option at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. davemcfly85 Win User

xbox live

if you buy live gold it will auto renew it when the one you bought runs out in your case a year. it tells you that this subscription will renew before you buy it and you get emails telling you that it will renew before you get charged unless you have the
    auto renew shut off. so you will not get a refund sorry.
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Yes, be careful when signing up for services (including Gold) because in the fine print it will sometimes explain that it will be auto-renewed beginning on a certain date, unless you cancel the service. Many services, including Game Pass Ultimate also,
    are usually auto-renew unless you cancel it.
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

6. MithrilFlame Win User

Hi GTBegg,

You could try contact support through: https://beta.support.xbox.com/contact-us

Also, I know this does not address your immediate issue, however just some extra info that might help you.

I do the Microsoft Rewards every day, only takes a couple of minutes, and it gives me enough rewards to redeem Game Pass Ultimate (includes Live Gold) for free. You don't need to use Edge as your primary browser, just do some searches with it :)

Hope Microsoft Support can assist you with your refund, let us know if we can assist you more.
Thema:

1. Refund for Live Gold auto renewal - Similar Threads - Refund Live Gold

2. I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge. How can I get a refund?: I need a refund for Xbox live gold charge $59.00 because I have not had a gaming account for two years. a476b7eb-1748-4709-9174-f3071b2ce514
  3. Xbox Live Gold - Refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold - Refund: Hi, I asked for a Gold refund as I pretty much only play Destiny 2 these days and don't make use of the other features. I got a message in the Xbox App saying my refund had been accepted and it...
  4. Xbox Live Gold Refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Refund: Can I get a refund for my xbox live subscription, I forgot to turn off the recurring bill and got charged when I didn't want it anymore. 91367ba4-cd0f-4180-a181-b93df14fbea2
  5. Can I request a refund for xbox live gold subscription?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I request a refund for xbox live gold subscription?: Is there away to get a refund on my xbox live gold subscription? It's only been 5 days since it renewed 499b13c0-7286-4e68-b86b-2c30facd44c2
  6. Xbox live gold subscription refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live gold subscription refund: Having an absolute nightmare trying to request a refund for Xbox live gold subscription. A payment was taken out of my paypal account for a repeat subscription of Xbox live gold (a real bug bear...
  7. Xbox Live Gold refund or transfer

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold refund or transfer: When purchasing a xbox live gold card for my kids, my elderly dad accidentally redeemed it to his Microsoft account. He doesn't even own an Xbox! What can I do about this?...
  8. how to request refund of the Live gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to request refund of the Live gold?: I bought using a gift card but now I want a refund 31de99bb-b233-493e-b730-d75e8b39be9a
  9. Xbox Live Gold Refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Refund: I bought a month’s subscribtion of gold by mistake and tried refunding it. the website said the 10 dollars paid was refunded; however, when I looked back at my bank account the refund was not...
  10. What happens to your Live Gold if you refund game pass?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens to your Live Gold if you refund game pass?: Hi, So I bought game pass for £10.99 and it transpires my laptop doesn't have the goods to play the games that made it appealing to me while back at uni next month. Anyway it converted my...