Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -...

Discus and support Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son got a £15 XBOX gift card for his birthday in March. It was faulty and when he scratched off the code it took the redemption code with it. Took... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MattPhillips9, May 3, 2020.

1. Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -...

My son got a £15 XBOX gift card for his birthday in March. It was faulty and when he scratched off the code it took the redemption code with it.

Took it back to shop "we can't help, ask Microsoft".

Found a way to upload receipt and photos of gift card, great. After waiting a month I was asked to repeat the process. Hmm. Fine. Did same thing again. Then one month later (yesterday) I get an email saying

"Please be informed that the code you are trying to redeem has already been applied on your account. You can confirm that the correct amount
    of credit was applied on your Microsoft account by logging in on this link..."

Trying to convert this into English I think this means they've given me a refund. So I log on. Amazing, it's there!

I then go to add this money to my son's XBOX account, but struggle to do so. Maybe I'm being dim. I google "how to transfer funds from Microsoft Account to Xbox" and find this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/transfer-account-balance-money-to-family-members/e675e33f-8324-4b09-bdfb-1e2a6bd53755

So it appears you can't use a Microsoft Account balance to top up a child's Xbox account. Which was the whole point of the exercise. This is so utterly profoundly stupid and frustrating, I must be missing something.

Can anyone help?

:)

MattPhillips9, May 3, 2020
  2. Sheo2925 Win User

Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox - what do I do?

If the Microsoft account that the funds were refunded to was connected to your son's account, then you should be able to go to buy something, click add payment method and then add the Microsoft account, though I've never seen a problem
    like this in my time on the forum, so I apologise I can't be of much help.

I would advise directly contacting support via phone call or text conversation at this link for a more experienced professional to handle this situation:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Refund process Credit

Hello,

Just to add for future reference, refunds are always sent to the original payment. So if you were to pay using a Microsoft/Xbox gift card, the refund would be applied to your account balance.
  4. ShahanaB Win User

Son spent money on Roblox

Even my son spent Indian Currency Rs.60,000, and how do i get my refund, he spent all my money using cards. now how do i get my refund back. Anyone please help me.
  5. Allebas Win User

Can not purchase game

I am unsure if a Xbox Gift is refundable. I know a Microsoft Gift card is refundable if brought from Microsoft and in't use within 14 days. Do your son have a Xbox One? If so, he can use use the gift card for Gold/Gampass subscriptions and other Xbox
    One games.
  6. Connor T. Maple Win User

Refund service order instead of getting another replacement

I did not activate the Microsoft warranty as it was out of warranty and I had to purchase the replacement controller that was sent to me. The controller is faulty and I want a refund of the replacement order and return the faulty controller sent to me
Thema:

Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -...

1. Refund for faulty Xbox card sent to Microsoft Account so can't be spent on my son's Xbox -... - Similar Threads - Refund faulty card

2. Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way that we can get a refund off of this thing or no cuz I'm kind of sick of...: If there's a refund for this please tell us now because I would like this to stop popping up on my bank account please Microsoft do something about it or else we'll call the cops I'm about sick of...
  3. Account refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Account refund: someone got access to my account refuned my stuff and i never got the refund money 0f1b5022-27c7-4069-909c-3573d99bf5ad
  4. Hi i have a failed refund

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi i have a failed refund: Hi can anyone assist me I have a failed refund and when i sent Microsoft an email requesting them to ratcher credit my xbox account with the money so that i can pay for gamepass with it they...
  5. Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option

in XBoX on Windows
    Cancel PC Game Pass - not offered refund option: My latest PC Game Pass renewal email said 'You will receive a refund of your most recent recurring billing charge if you cancel your subscription and request a refund within 30 days after being...
  6. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  7. Hi I have put a refund in 4 months ago and it has been accepted but I have not been...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I have put a refund in 4 months ago and it has been accepted but I have not been...: Here is my evidenceof refund being accepted [img] 48bf7e83-9bd5-4aed-9ceb-b8353aa5de94
  8. the refunding is too hard and actually impossible

in XBoX on Windows
    the refunding is too hard and actually impossible: i have gone on the https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders website and then the website that should work with the order number but the number it need is supposed to start with a G and the...
  9. Struggling to refund a dlc for deep rock galactic

in XBoX on Windows
    Struggling to refund a dlc for deep rock galactic: I have never refunded anything on xbox though when I tried to refund the supporter upgrade on deep rock galactic it refused me because I apparently had used all my refund requests. I would just...
  10. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.: I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can sent back faulty xbox to microsoft xbox