Refund denied even though I didn't buy the game

Discus and support Refund denied even though I didn't buy the game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So recently someone used my account to buy a game with the $70 I put on my account. The person who bought the game also played it a little bit I guess... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NoisyHerald, Sep 7, 2020.

1. NoisyHerald
    NoisyHerald Guest

So recently someone used my account to buy a game with the $70 I put on my account. The person who bought the game also played it a little bit I guess because when I tried to get a refund I was told a game cannot be refunded if it was played. A refund
    has now been denied twice for the same reason. I understand the people on this forum cannot help me get a refund, but I was just wondering if there is a way for me to go about getting one. Or if I'm just out of luck due to the fact that the game was played
    by whoever bought it.

:)

NoisyHerald, Sep 7, 2020
  2. ngocphi Win User

Its best not to gameshare with strangers

And if you share your console or homeshare you are responcible for all actions and purchases on your account

Tis is why you are supposed to do your recovery of your account and passcode your profile on any shares regardless of its your dog spot
  3. dempup Win User

Hey NoisyHerald.

Thank you for reaching out to the forum. Sorry to hear that you are having issues. I would recommend that you change your password and never share you account information with anyone. Always log out of your computer or consol when you are not using it, especially
    if others might have access to it.
  4. PwnyStark Win User

New to the Xbox ecosystem, having troubles.

Update:

Second refund request denied for the time period, even though the initial refund was within the allotted time period, and I haven't played the games.
  5. ngocphi Win User

My refund was denied even though I was eligible.

You have to reply to the email

Are you see you checked all the boxes

Less then 2hours og gameplay and 14 days whoever comes first

Is it ingame cutrency

If doc then no it's not refundable
  6. Francia J. Win User

My refund was denied even though I was eligible.

Hi TeamCyan, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but just a friendly reminder that for refund concerns there is a dedicated team that handles them which is the refund team. There is no direct contact with them, only by submitting a refund request and by replying to their email (refund request confirmation and refund decision). To help you, I would recommend replying to their email.
Thema:

1. Refund denied even though I didn't buy the game - Similar Threads - Refund denied though

2. Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played): My roommate bought a game on our shared system using my account and card on accident. So they say at least. Point is I want a refund but xbox denied it but doesn't say why. I would prefer to talk...
  3. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  4. Denied my refund after only having minutes of play time SMH!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Denied my refund after only having minutes of play time SMH!: Bought a digital game ( hell let loose) after trying it for 40 minutes it is so unplayable i request a refund and it got denied???!!!! ****!!! I never had an issue returning junk on playstation...
  5. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.: I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on...
  6. Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email: I sent out a refund because there was a game I didn't want and it rejected it despite under 14 days and I didn't even get a email even when it said I would 193f28e6-053f-4948-b63e-58110d2634e3
  7. Refund Denied - Is there anyone with reason that I can speak to about this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund Denied - Is there anyone with reason that I can speak to about this?: I purchased a game for my son, the remake of Deadspace on12/05. I didn't realize it, however this game is only playable on the serries X and S consoles. We only have a OneX, IE; we wasted our...
  8. Why is my refund request denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my refund request denied: I did every thing required and it still got denied please help me d1c1b0d1-78ed-43b0-8885-85a5035b33b0
  9. How do I appeal a denied refund request if I never gotten an email that it was denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I appeal a denied refund request if I never gotten an email that it was denied: It's been almost 4 days since my refund request got denied and I haven't gotten an email. 44fa72df-68d1-4b49-884e-58366349be8c
  10. My refund was request was denied even though I have less than 2 hours play time.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My refund was request was denied even though I have less than 2 hours play time.: I recently purchased "Assassin's Creed" 7 days ago, and I have less than 2 hours played. I requested a refund because I did not make the purchase and the refund was denied. I ask that please may...