Redeeming X Box live membership for childs account

Discus and support Redeeming X Box live membership for childs account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help I have bought my 10 year old daughter a 12 month subscription to Xbox live Gold and I am finding it impossible to redeem it to her account. My... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dankel54, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Dankel54
    Dankel54 Guest

Help

I have bought my 10 year old daughter a 12 month subscription to Xbox live Gold and I am finding it impossible to redeem it to her account. My wife and I have spend over two hours today on the helpline but still with no success.

I understand a childs account must be linked to an adult account so I have set up a parental account as well as my daughters account. The Xbox will not accept the linked account and I also have tried this on my laptop and the codes can not be redeemed on
    my daughters account (I get one of those "oops something has gone wrong" messages. The link to redeeming the voucher works on my account but not my daughters.

Any help or advice gladly received before I do battle with the support service again!

:)

Dankel54, Dec 26, 2015
  2. DOWNLOADING CHILD PROFILE

My son is using my Windows Live account to sign into the x-box console. (I have a Gold Membership) Can I download his "child" Live account to the console and him still get to use the year Gold Membership I loading in my "parent" account???

He really does not like playing with his friends on my profile and gametag.

michelleturnerLR, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Child Accounts Unable to use Gold Membership on Parent Account

Good day,

I have a child account that cannot access the my parent account which has Live Gold membership. Child account trying to purchase a game but it will not allow using the Gold membership price. Also unable to download free games via the Gold membership. Xbox
    One is set as the "home" box for both child and parent. So why is it that the child account appears to have no access to Gold?

FranticBulb8523, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Redeeming X Box live membership for childs account

I'm having the exact same issue. This is absolutely the most frustrating experience I've had online EVER! How is it possible that the "get help here" link on the XBOX parent login page doesn't work? Or that a parent cannot log into their own account to finish
    the redemption process? Lastly, how can Microsoft not address this issue that SURELY has happened repeatedly to millions of parents. Ridiculous.

DarkestChaff42, Dec 26, 2015
  5. Found the XBOX U.S. technical support # to call: 1-800-469-9269. Be prepared to wait or get a call back within a couple of hours. Hopefully, an actual person can help resolve this situation. Ridiculous

DarkestChaff42, Oct 31, 2018
  6. DarkestChaff42 Win User

I'm having the exact same issue. This is absolutely the most frustrating experience I've had online EVER! How is it possible that the "get help here" link on the XBOX parent login page doesn't work? Or that a parent cannot log into their own account to finish
    the redemption process? Lastly, how can Microsoft not address this issue that SURELY has happened repeatedly to millions of parents. Ridiculous.
  7. DarkestChaff42 Win User

Found the XBOX U.S. technical support # to call: 1-800-469-9269. Be prepared to wait or get a call back within a couple of hours. Hopefully, an actual person can help resolve this situation. Ridiculous
  8. benjy9112 Win User

12 month membership code redemption problem

Just bought x box for my son, he got one month free gold membership with it, purchased 12 month gold membership in Sainsbury's this morning, he entered redeem code but its not showing up in account history or transaction history yet,
  9. Jack of 8lades Win User

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

how are you renewing your membership if it is by prepaid card try redeeming the code on your x box instead of the website
  10. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

medal of honor warfighter

It appears that you still have a silver account, not gold which is what is needed to access X Box LIVE. What codes did you redeem?
Thema:

1. Redeeming X Box live membership for childs account - Similar Threads - Redeeming Box live

2. I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...: I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY REDEEMED. WHICH I HAVEN'T PURCHASED ANYTHING WITH IT. I HAVE LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT FOR PURCHASES AND IT HAS...
  3. How do you redeem V-Bucks to Samsung ****-box Cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do you redeem V-Bucks to Samsung ****-box Cloud gaming?: When redeeming V-Bucks (I know how to do that. This is for my grandson) #6 Select the platform you want to redeem the V-Bucks Card on, and then click Next. Note: If you don’t see the platform you...
  4. Cannot redeem X Box Live Gold code on my X Box One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot redeem X Box Live Gold code on my X Box One: Please help. When I try to redeem a X Box Live Gold code I get an error: Something went wrong our side. Try again later. fde7e547-424a-4004-84a4-d618f6332d00
  5. Can't redeem a code of a gift on X box one un Gwent the card game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't redeem a code of a gift on X box one un Gwent the card game: [img] Good night to every one today I received a gift of a initial bundle of GWENT the witcher card game the sender apply the Charge it was autorized and supposedly it must appear on my game...
  6. Gears of war redeem code in message box disappeared.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears of war redeem code in message box disappeared.: I bought GOW4 several months ago via live store, and I received a message that contains redeem code for GOW,GOW2,GOW3, and judgement about a month after purchase. I was in no rush to use those...
  7. problems with x-box live redeem code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    problems with x-box live redeem code: it seems i havee redeems teh x-box live code to my e-mail adres wich is not an g-mail or outlook acount. Neet doesn't work. money gone ikon't understand any of it....
  8. Every time I go in the Xbox one store the 'redeem a voucher' box keeps popping up.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Every time I go in the Xbox one store the 'redeem a voucher' box keeps popping up.: anyone help me out? As you can see from the title I'm having trouble with the store. No matter how many times I cancel it, it keeps popping back up. How can I get rid of this without resetting it?...
  9. cannot redeem x box 1 voucher

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot redeem x box 1 voucher: hello I bought a 12 month x box gold live voucher, but cannot redeem as I cannot get the code. voucher number f4fvf mt9xk wc3qf ctw93 ckcx2 amazon order 203 0902719 9930724 please help...
  10. can not redeem by x box live card

in XBoX on Consoles
    can not redeem by x box live card: I received an xbox live gold card and I can not redeem it on line I keep getting this error code: XBOS-3013 2b042c06-275d-4d6e-885f-902640150ca7 2016/12/26 - 16:21:41 UTC...