Redeemed Gifted Game Code; Microsoft Account Says Activation Was Successful, yet Can't...

Discus and support Redeemed Gifted Game Code; Microsoft Account Says Activation Was Successful, yet Can't... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have searched and searched yet nothing I have read has helped me with this problem. A friend gifted me Hollow Knight- Voidheart Edition via... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kris Black, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Kris Black
    Kris Black Guest

Redeemed Gifted Game Code; Microsoft Account Says Activation Was Successful, yet Can't...

Hello,

I have searched and searched yet nothing I have read has helped me with this problem. A friend gifted me Hollow Knight- Voidheart Edition via their Xbox One, and I received the code on the Xbox App here on Windows. I pressed to redeem it and it says on my Microsoft Account that the purchase was successful with it showing under my purchases in the last 3 months. However, when I go to either the Microsoft Store or the Xbox App it asks me to purchase the game again. On the Xbox mobile app it says to download to console, so does the gifted code he sent me via his Xbox One only work on Xbox? And if not, why am I not able to download it via the Microsoft or Xbox Stores here on Windows. On the Xbox Store it appears in the library under the "My Games" section but when clicked on it says under the purchase button, "Administrator approval required for installation." On the Microsoft Store, it shows no sign of me even owning the game not even the redemption of the gift code like it does online under purchases. I hope that someone can help me using this info, I'd hate for the gift to sit unused on my account and I'm looking forward to playing the game.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Kris Black, Dec 23, 2021
  2. Smwutches Win User

Redeemed Gifted Game Code; Microsoft Account Says Activation Was Successful, yet Can't Download Game- Windows

It sounds as though they gifted you the console version of the game, not the PC version, so yes, it would only work on an Xbox since that game is not a Play Anywhere title. Unfortunately, since the code has been redeemed, there's nothing else that can be done.
  3. Kris Black Win User

Redeemed Gifted Game Code; Microsoft Account Says Activation Was Successful, yet Can't Download Game- Windows

Ah figures, worth a shot. Is there a way to tell the difference prior to redemption for future reference?
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Gift cards

The £10 must be either on a card that says "Xbox Gift Card £10" or you must purchase an Xbox digital gift card code on Amazon for £10 that you redeem here:
    https://redeem.microsoft.com/enter

You can't redeem Amazon gift cards or currency in Amazon accounts for currency in your Microsoft/Xbox account - you must buy an Xbox Gift Card (or code) with that money on it.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

NECESITO AYUDA [Translation- I Need Help]

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums.

When you buy a gift card from a retailer, the card becomes activated once they scan the card's bar code. If you're getting an error message that the code is not activated, you may just need to wait a few hours, up to 24 hours sometimes. If you haven't done
    so, I recommend also trying to redeem the code online as well as from the console. If the code hasn't been activated, return it to the place where it was purchased and ask for them to activate it so it can be redeemed. Make sure to take your proof of purchase
    with you.

Please review this support article
    "Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account"
    for more information on how to redeem a gift card and what to do if there is an error.
  6. charlottegrace1 Win User

Xbox Ultimate game pass redeem merchant

I am unable to redeem the gift card because I keep being prompt to
    "This code is not yet active. Contact the merchant to activate this code"
    What does this mean?????
    My games pass needs to be actived
Thema:

1. Redeemed Gifted Game Code; Microsoft Account Says Activation Was Successful, yet Can't... - Similar Threads - Redeemed Gifted Game

2. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  3. Gifted game from store. Clicked on redeem. It said redeemed. Then I check and game said not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifted game from store. Clicked on redeem. It said redeemed. Then I check and game said not...: Gifted game from store. Clicked on redeem. It said redeemed. Then I check and game said not applicable. What do I do to get the right game for my version xbox 1.?...
  4. How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to redeem a Game Pass Gift Card on a Childs Xbox account?: I have tried over and over to change the permissions on my account. The birthday was put in wrong. Every time I try to change it, I get an error. It will not send an approval request. It just...
  5. Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can minecoin gift cards be redeemed to your Microsoft account and applied to a PS4/5 game?: My sone received 3500 minecoins on a gift card fir his birthday. Minecraft is on our PS5 and I cannot link the accounts to download the purchase to use in the game. Any advice?...
  6. Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend sent a gift to me, I redeemed the code and waited 12 hours, can't find the game anywhere: Friend sent a gfit to me, got the email from microsoft and everything, still don't have the game they bought after waiting 12 hours 2afdde5c-d280-4dba-ad6d-b00673466594
  7. I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do...: I have A code for redeeming a Elden ring game which someone sent me as a gift but it do have / in it to complete 25 characters. Please advise 50a27624-e98d-479e-ae5b-15e110057938
  8. I was gifted minecraft, i redeemed it on my pc, pc broke for a while, can't find the game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I was gifted minecraft, i redeemed it on my pc, pc broke for a while, can't find the game...: i was gifted minecraft java and bedrock edition, i redeemed it in the microsoft store on a pc and downloaded the game but never opened it up. Now i am on a macbook because the pc is broken and I...
  9. My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...: I just got up and would appreciate help on the matter cause there ain’t no way some random person just guessed the code. 7089c418-e667-4aa7-9e3e-16a7e4c08ad3
  10. A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    A friend gifting me a game and I can’t redeem it, it says it’s damaged How do I get the...: It says it’s damaged how do I redeem my game? 9d9f41cc-8c2d-499f-ab49-42dea638d12c