Redeemed code went into wrong account, now can't use it

Discus and support Redeemed code went into wrong account, now can't use it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I logged into my account and tried to add funds to my son's account and it didn't work. I logged out, bought a code from Amazon on line and then... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EcstaticBloom40, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Redeemed code went into wrong account, now can't use it

I logged into my account and tried to add funds to my son's account and it didn't work. I logged out, bought a code from Amazon on line and then logged into my son's account and redeemed the code, but it flipped back to my account and added the
    funds there. I had two on-line chats with support to learn (eventually) there is no way I can transfer the funds to my son's account and the only way to give him the money is to buy another code. This seems very unfair, especially as our accounts are linked
    as being in a family. Then, when I asked how to complain, I was told there is no way to make a complaint - you need to post on one of these forums - which isn't very customer friendly. Can anyone help with the original issue, or to help me find out how to
    escalate a complaint.

:)

EcstaticBloom40, Jun 14, 2017
  2. Church6346
    Church6346 Guest
    Gears of War Remastered Beta Not Downloading.

For me it told me it started downloading then said something went wrong. Now I try to redeem the code it tells me it's already redeemed so now I can't do anything. HELP PLZ

Church6346, Jun 14, 2017
  3. Shouxin26
    Shouxin26 Guest
    Xbox One code redeemed on wrong account

I redeemed a game code that I received when I purchased Assassins Creed: Origins Deluxe edition on my wrong account and I'm wondering if there's a way I can redeem it again (with proof of purchase of game and code of course).

Shouxin26, Jun 14, 2017
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Phone and chat support are the only ones who handle billing issues. You may want to try contacting phone support rather than chat support although there are no guarantees they can do anything either. You can also file a complaint with them. 1-800-4my-xbox
    if you're in the US/Canada .

Smwutches, Jun 14, 2017
  5. Smwutches Win User

Phone and chat support are the only ones who handle billing issues. You may want to try contacting phone support rather than chat support although there are no guarantees they can do anything either. You can also file a complaint with them. 1-800-4my-xbox
    if you're in the US/Canada .
  6. Church6346 Win User

Gears of War Remastered Beta Not Downloading.

For me it told me it started downloading then said something went wrong. Now I try to redeem the code it tells me it's already redeemed so now I can't do anything. HELP PLZ
  7. Rostom L Win User

Redeem code used on wrong account and now I can't use it

Hi Adrian! Sorry to hear about that. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to merge accounts. Please be advised that game licenses or entitlements cannot be moved or transferred from one account to another. However, some games and contents can be shared through home Xbox feature.

I suggest that you instead set the home Xbox of the account that you don't use to your son's console. Once done, your son's main account should be able to access the games or other stuff owned by the other account from his console.

Learn more about home Xbox here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....

Thank you!
  8. KindGryphon Win User

Redeem code used on wrong account and now I can't use it

Hi

Microsoft do not want to help me with this.

We purchased Hogwarts dark Arts for Xbox and installed fine. My son then redeemed the additional content on a different account that we don't use. Microsoft can see that we don't use the account and said there was nothing they could do to get the codes back. They suggested asking the retailer who obviously are not in a position to give out new codes that are inside sealed boxes. They just shift boxes.

I have a copy of the chat with a reference but I don't know what good that will do me

I tried to complain but was shut down and have had no contact since.

Could there be a way to combine the accounts?

thanks
    No nothing is combinable/transferable between accounts unfortunately. Honestly i dont think there really is a fix for this sort of situation unfortunately.

Im not sure even the home xbox sharing would be able to share that sort of content between accounts on the same xbox but id assume not.
  9. MistyKitty92828 Win User

Destiny Beta Key

Same problem I type in the 25 digit code in the store "use a code" and it says "something went wrong" i try it on this website in the redeem a code section it says "somethign went wrong".

I have three 25 digit codes straight from my bungie account.... this is BS
Thema:

1. Redeemed code went into wrong account, now can't use it - Similar Threads - Redeemed code went

2. Xbox code Redeem denied on PC, Went to try on Xbox and now the code says its redeemed.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox code Redeem denied on PC, Went to try on Xbox and now the code says its redeemed.: Hello! i was trying to activate this Minty Legends Fortnite Pack that i bought a while ago (not expired) and i tried to redeem it on pc and it pulled it up, like it noticed that it was that Minty...
  3. My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend brought me a game and gifted to me 4hrs ago and I went to redeem the code and it...: I just got up and would appreciate help on the matter cause there ain’t no way some random person just guessed the code. 7089c418-e667-4aa7-9e3e-16a7e4c08ad3
  4. When I bought a code and went to redeem it, this one appeared, they have returned it ....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I bought a code and went to redeem it, this one appeared, they have returned it ....: When I bought a code in Eneba and went to redeem it, this one appeared, they have returned it to . Contact the person who gave it to you, what does this mean? 33f03432-eb3b-4bc4-85c8-acf504cf816a
  5. Finding the Code to redeem money spent for Minecraft which went to MS account

in XBoX on Windows
    Finding the Code to redeem money spent for Minecraft which went to MS account: I purchased Minecoins on Windows 10 PC online. This added them to MS account - but I have no code to Redeem this with as required by Minecraft. How can I get this code? Any help would be really...
  6. Code for the Warthog in Forza Horizon 3 went missing and I never got a chance to redeem it.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code for the Warthog in Forza Horizon 3 went missing and I never got a chance to redeem it.: I Own and play Halo 5, I have received the code on my Email, however now that I have Horizon 3. I can't seem to find the email and redeem my code for the Warthog. I really hope it's not too late...
  7. I pre-ordered destiny 2 forsaken digital deluxe edition. I went to redeem code and it just ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I pre-ordered destiny 2 forsaken digital deluxe edition. I went to redeem code and it just ...: I pre-ordered destiny 2 forsaken digital deluxe edition and went onto my xbox to the store to redeem the code. It just gave me an $80 gift card. I then go onto the microsoft store on my computer...
  8. Redeem Prepaid code saying something went wrong on our end

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeem Prepaid code saying something went wrong on our end: When I got redeem my prepaid 12 month code either on xbox one or in browser I get an error saying "Try That Again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help." I have had this...
  9. Redeem code "Something went wrong"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeem code "Something went wrong": I'm trying to redeem a 1 month code that came with my XBOX ONE, 1TB Battlefield One edition. This has been going on for days now. I have contacted customer service multiple times and no...
  10. i put the letters in the redeem code and it says something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    i put the letters in the redeem code and it says something went wrong: XBOS-3013 5d2b9930-52f4-4ff5-b183-ed865413399c what does it mean? 6afed5b4-2bdd-46f5-98b4-5a6d738b9474