Redeem Xbox gift card but cannot be use for purchase

Discus and support Redeem Xbox gift card but cannot be use for purchase in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently received a £10 Xbox gift card and redeemed it onto my Xbox One. When I was about to purchase additional content for a game with it, it came... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Coolz TRandom, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Redeem Xbox gift card but cannot be use for purchase

I recently received a £10 Xbox gift card and redeemed it onto my Xbox One. When I was about to purchase additional content for a game with it, it came up with the error message: 'This payment option is no longer valid. Pick another way to pay, or contact your payment provider.'

So, I want to know why this gift card that I just redeemed to my Microsoft account balance is a) no longer valid and b) not available to purchase?

Kind regards.

:)

Coolz TRandom, Jan 24, 2023
  2. Nursemorph Win User

Gift Card for Xbox, movies and Microsoft

What does it say when you try to redeem it? Are you in the same region as the gift card you purchased...ie as it's a US $ card, are you in the United States? As gift cards in a different currency cannot be redeemed in a different region....I have a UK account and can't redeem US $ cards
  3. Bandido1508 Win User

Gift card problem

Is this an xbox or Microsoft gift card. What I have seen in the past is that someone else may have used the card. If you cannot find any purchases on your account using this card, xbox support may be able to look this up and see when it was redeemed.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Hello I need help, I have loaded 60 € on my xbox account to buy Xbox Live Gold but I can not buy it

Gold can only be purchased via credit card/Paypal or by purchasing a prepaid gold card in a store. If you've already redeemed the gift card, it cannot be exchanged for a gold card.
  5. XBF - Staniel Win User

I redeemed my xbox gift card into my dads microsoft account by mistake, how can I get it moved onto mine?

Greetings Boydboyz,

Unfortunately, once a gift card is redeemed, it cannot be transferred over. However, you can gift purchases from that account over to yours using the gift card as the payment method.

To learn more about how to gift purchases, check out the following article here.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card?

Gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. The Microsoft account balance is essentially the same as a gift card since funds typically come from Xbox gift cards.
Thema:

Redeem Xbox gift card but cannot be use for purchase

1. Redeem Xbox gift card but cannot be use for purchase - Similar Threads - Redeem gift card

2. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061
  3. got a chat from Xbox saying I have accumulated enough points to redeem a $5 Xbox gift card

in XBoX on Windows
    got a chat from Xbox saying I have accumulated enough points to redeem a $5 Xbox gift card: got a chat from Xbox saying I have enough points to redeem $5 Xbox gift card but when I go to the website it says I have 0 points 22c1bc5a-e8da-4d71-a159-8aa7daee5b62
  4. where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...: where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft rewards removed it 7b6634c3-012a-4a36-bcdb-61ef5cd95396
  5. Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store...: Purchased an Xbox gift card from retail store will not allow me to redeem card. The store said it is not their issue how do I resolve this? be155619-b096-4684-b1e5-8ab1a6f293a7
  6. Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem an Xbox Game Pass Core Gift Card: I tried redeeming a game pass core 1 month gift card and I can't redeem it. It says that I'm one step closer and to use any payment method for auto renewal. I always use the account balance for it...
  7. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  8. I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does...: I have a message saying I've accumulated enough points to redeem a $25 gift card but does not show me a 25 character code wat does this mean 5fe8e417-47fe-4cce-a0a8-57ad3395a992
  9. Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to redeem points for $25 xbox gift card, all I get is try again...: Trying to redeem points for $25 dollar xbox gift card. Click on redeem and just keep getting try again over and over. f404b7a3-dcc5-44af-874a-ad1fe6b3b5fe
  10. I how to redeem gift card from rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    I how to redeem gift card from rewards: I just brought a 3 dollar gift card on my Microsoft account and didn’t receive and also when I look at purchase history it doesn’t show there but it took the points for it from my total...