Redeem code used on wrong account and now I can't use it

Discus and support Redeem code used on wrong account and now I can't use it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft do not want to help me with this. We purchased Hogwarts dark Arts for Xbox and installed fine. My son then redeemed the additional... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adrian Smith (ASMITH), Jun 6, 2023.

1. Redeem code used on wrong account and now I can't use it

Hi

Microsoft do not want to help me with this.

We purchased Hogwarts dark Arts for Xbox and installed fine. My son then redeemed the additional content on a different account that we don't use. Microsoft can see that we don't use the account and said there was nothing they could do to get the codes back. They suggested asking the retailer who obviously are not in a position to give out new codes that are inside sealed boxes. They just shift boxes.

I have a copy of the chat with a reference but I don't know what good that will do me

I tried to complain but was shut down and have had no contact since.

Could there be a way to combine the accounts?

thanks

:)

Adrian Smith (ASMITH), Jun 6, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Adrian! Sorry to hear about that. This is clearly not the situation I want you to be in.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to merge accounts. Please be advised that game licenses or entitlements cannot be moved or transferred from one account to another. However, some games and contents can be shared through home Xbox feature.

I suggest that you instead set the home Xbox of the account that you don't use to your son's console. Once done, your son's main account should be able to access the games or other stuff owned by the other account from his console.

Learn more about home Xbox here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....

Thank you!
  3. KindGryphon Win User

Hi

Microsoft do not want to help me with this.

We purchased Hogwarts dark Arts for Xbox and installed fine. My son then redeemed the additional content on a different account that we don't use. Microsoft can see that we don't use the account and said there was nothing they could do to get the codes back. They suggested asking the retailer who obviously are not in a position to give out new codes that are inside sealed boxes. They just shift boxes.

I have a copy of the chat with a reference but I don't know what good that will do me

I tried to complain but was shut down and have had no contact since.

Could there be a way to combine the accounts?

thanks
    No nothing is combinable/transferable between accounts unfortunately. Honestly i dont think there really is a fix for this sort of situation unfortunately.

Im not sure even the home xbox sharing would be able to share that sort of content between accounts on the same xbox but id assume not.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Redeemed code went into wrong account, now can't use it

Phone and chat support are the only ones who handle billing issues. You may want to try contacting phone support rather than chat support although there are no guarantees they can do anything either. You can also file a complaint with them. 1-800-4my-xbox
    if you're in the US/Canada .
  5. Francia J. Win User

Redeem code used on wrong account

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

I apologize but that’s not possible. If you’re on Xbox you can share the said subscription on your main account/correct account by setting it as Home Xbox.

If you’re on PC you may need to use the account.
  6. ChellMyBell1983 Win User

I can't log into my xbox live service.

If you've redeemed the code on the wrong account you will need to contact Customer Support to see if they can cancel it on the wrong account and issue you a code to redeem on the correct account.

support.xbox.com/.../contact-us
Thema:

1. Redeem code used on wrong account and now I can't use it - Similar Threads - Redeem code used

2. How do I redeem beta code for mw III if I used the wrong microsoft account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I redeem beta code for mw III if I used the wrong microsoft account?: I signed in to the wrong microsoft account to redeem beta code for MWIII, how can I reset it to the correct one? 56b64c04-8d32-445e-9a0a-2c2044d3db5c
  3. Used a redeem code to pre order a game but saying it has already been redeemed please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Used a redeem code to pre order a game but saying it has already been redeemed please help: Redeem code saying it has already been redeemed. Trying to buy a game. Can you please help. 9115dd14-1aee-4db8-9650-21ace668c6da
  4. If I have bought minecraft java and bedrock edition already (using a redeem code), why does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If I have bought minecraft java and bedrock edition already (using a redeem code), why does...: After buying java and bedrock edition redeem code from eb games, I redeemed using a microsoft account, which meant I should have access to both. Java works fine but whilst trying to download it...
  5. redeem a code already used on another console

in XBoX Accessibility
    redeem a code already used on another console: How to redeem a code used on another console a2df4353-3b92-4b1b-bb9e-4d909351eb4a
  6. If you have a game on your account that you got digitally using a Redeem Code, when you...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you have a game on your account that you got digitally using a Redeem Code, when you...: I'm wondering in case I have to deleted a few games to make up some space, never really had a lot of games activated digitally. 276e8e46-4e2e-41d2-86dc-1df5882d9645
  7. Can't use Discord redeem code and it shows me this error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't use Discord redeem code and it shows me this error: [Mod removed - personal information] Can't use Discord redeem code and it shows me this error. Could someone explain to me what I need to do((( 6b9d7326-7e1b-476b-ad76-b8ec4ee8c620
  8. Is there a possible way to use my redeem code for PC Game Pass without bank info?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a possible way to use my redeem code for PC Game Pass without bank info?: I recently redeemed a 1 month PC Game Pass from Microsoft Rewards, which i immediately went to redeem it. However, when I went to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem , I put in the code...
  9. cant use redeem code

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant use redeem code: I was redeeming a game code but when i entered code this error happened: We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. what does this error exactly mean ???...
  10. Code already redeem but I didn't use it

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Code already redeem but I didn't use it: I received a message from Xbox live with a code for some in game currency for war frame when I tried to redeem the code it told me it had already been redeemed but this was my first time seeing...