Recovery of a Gamertag: Issues

Discus and support Recovery of a Gamertag: Issues in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So Ive been with Xbox since day 1, but life happens and things happen like our emails getting hacked and so on . So my issue is i still know my OG... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SeverusSnape78, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Recovery of a Gamertag: Issues

So Ive been with Xbox since day 1, but life happens and things happen like our emails getting hacked and so on .

So my issue is i still know my OG gamertag, but the email attached to it was hacked, the phone number i had with it is long gone, BUT my name is still on the account. I've tried everything to try to get it back but I cant even get a reply from xbox at all. I have a ton of games i bought on this profile and i dont want to loose them , so im kinda out of ideas. Theres no option anymore for a Rep to call us back, so thatsout, I tried contacting yahoo about my email eons ago, and got nothing bck either so if anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I know it sounds stupid but This gamertag and profile mean alot to me, had alot of great times with family who have had passed on now and i jsut dont want to losse it , so any ideas are most welcome, and greatly appricated.

:)

SeverusSnape78, Mar 18, 2023
  2. BloodHawk541 Win User

Gamertag recovery issues

No, it has something to do with the beta, I figured it out.
  3. carnevore Win User

Gamertag Recovery issue

I would say contacting tech support is the best option..

you will need to verify your ownership of the a/c and once you answer their questions they can provide any information needed, as the a/c holder you will know the information so your pretty much guaranteed to get the email that was used :)

Hope this helps!
  4. Miss Portia Win User

Gamertag Recovery issue

Hello Kaioken! Thank you for your post. :) We do offer a few ways to recover your account if you have forgotten the Windows LIVE ID. You can review these processes by visiting
    http://www.xbox.com/forgot.
  5. taidara Win User

Gamertag recovery issues

Greetings BloodHawk541!

Can you verify that your profile has been completely removed from the Xbox storage device.

How to delete Xbox LIVE profile safely

Before you delete your profile, you have to know the username and password for your Microsoft account that is associated with your profile.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles.
    5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    6. Select Delete.
    7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Now, clear your Xbox system cache, three times in a row, restart your console and try recover your profile from LIVE.

Clear Xbox system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller.
    4. Select Clear System Cache.
    5. Important: Clear your Xbox system cache three times in row.

Restart your console.

Download Xbox LIVE profile.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
    2. Select Download Profile.
    3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    4. Enter your Microsoft account password, or a new generated app password if you have the two-step verification turned on for your Microsoft account.

Post back and let us know how it goes.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gamertag Recovery issue. -Repost

The Gamertag in question is OrlandoN,( my first name & initial)

I've noticed different MS accounts associated with it,

On 360 it points to a deactivated ISP email address.

On Xbox One recovery it directs to an MSN email.

I previously had this gamertag swapped with the one I'm now reaching you with,

and haven't accessed that account since.

Please assist with this messy situation. Thanks!!

we can't really assist you must follow the above proccess

If you do not.meet the pii requirements there is nothing anyone can do for you and it's a legally enforced requirement.

Youre only option really is to match as much data as you can to make up for.fhe missing information you use random.info you can say goodbye to that account

Exhausted all automatic avenues...

Please escalate to somebody with authority to investigate.

I'm sadly giving up...
    ummm the proccess above sisjt an automated proccess

You are talking to live people every step of the way

Follow.thenlink providers and keep the Sr numbers then contact Support

Support will.never violate pii laws

The fines will get anyone fired
Thema:

Recovery of a Gamertag: Issues

1. Recovery of a Gamertag: Issues - Similar Threads - Recovery Gamertag Issues

2. Microsoft account recovery is awfull.

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft account recovery is awfull.: I've currently had my account hacked and the account recovery seems pointless I give all the information that is true to MY account but still don't regain It like how much more obvious do I have...
  3. Email Recovery for Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email Recovery for Minecraft: I HAVE my Minecraft User Name but NOT the email address used to set it up. All the ones I thought it could be do not work. Can I recover the email address using just the Minecraft User Name?...
  4. Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery: My son is wanting to transfer all his games from Xbox 1 to his new Xbox but it's requesting the email linked to the account. He no longer has access to this email as it's not available anymore. We...
  5. Minecraft Account Recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft Account Recovery: I recently tried to login to my minecraft account and had no luck getting in. What i forgot was i deleted a microsoft account a while back and im assuming that this account turned out to be the...
  6. Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone please help me with Account Recovery?: Can ANYONE PLEASE help me recover my other account? I had to make a new account just to try to get in contact with support. When I try to sign in, it wants me to verify with a phone number I do...
  7. account recovery not working at all

in XBoX Accessibility
    account recovery not working at all: I have tried for the last 8 months 2 times a day filling out all of my details to the automated account recovery and it still isn't working. I'm not sure what to do at this point, do I really give...
  8. Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft Account Recovery From Transaction ID?: I was recently hacked by participating in a fake verification form where I entered my code. My main Microsoft account was stolen and all of the sign-in information was changed including my email...
  9. Account taken over - help with recovery

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account taken over - help with recovery: Hi My son was playing Minecraft and got tricked into entering the email code into a Discord chat. The email address then received this message: [img] Microsoft account team <*** Die...
  10. Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to get old Halo ranks back on old gamertag (complicated recovery): I cracked the password in 2020 on a 360 and should have written down the password. The console used does not immediately display the live account. (Says my sister but I can always try to ask to...