Recovering an account when email is inaccessible and the password has been forgotten

Discus and support Recovering an account when email is inaccessible and the password has been forgotten in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is a real tricky issue I'm having, where my parent is having the issue above; to make matters worse the recovery system has rejected the form. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NicoNugget, Dec 28, 2015.

1. NicoNugget
    NicoNugget Guest

Recovering an account when email is inaccessible and the password has been forgotten

This is a real tricky issue I'm having, where my parent is having the issue above; to make matters worse the recovery system has rejected the form. I can't add Xbox Live Gold to my account because of the privacy settings, and my parent can't change the
    settings without the password, and he can't change the password because the email has changed. I have tried searching the forums (the searching algorithm is terrible) and the support articles are dismal to say the least (see those links to Xbox support on
    support.xbox.com?), and now I can't play Halo 5 with my parent nor my sister. I mean, spending over $300 on an Xbox One and not being able to play games on it is aggravating. Can anyone help without linking me to some inspecific, generic article about clicking
    the forgotten password button? That would be nice.

:)

NicoNugget, Dec 28, 2015
  2. Cant log Into Xbox Live!!! My Parental password was forgotten and cant be recovered.

Since the new update i cant log into Xbox live because After i place my email and password in it also asks for parents permission. The email that it asks for parents permission for we no longer have access to. The security question has also been forgotten
    since it has been years since that account has been used and ive basically tried every possible way recover the password and tried so many different possible passwords it couldve been. But its no help, the password is forgotten and i am not able to log in.
    HELP PLEASE I need my account!!!

NaderNahnooch, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Son ALA
    Son ALA Guest
    Finding microsoft password

Just in case you didn't know. The account you just made for this site on the PC is your XBOX account.

When recovering your account on the xbox, enter this gamertag, the email you used to create it and the password you set up for this site.

If you happened to had forgotten the password you just made, you can always try logging onto this site with that account info and try to recover your password through the email verification process.

Son ALA, Dec 28, 2015
  4. NicoNugget
    NicoNugget Guest

**EDIT**

I used the chat help feature, and it is actually helpful after waiting about 15 minutes. The issue is still pending, but the person on the other end of the chat has access to much more information and methods than the support site will offer. I was expecting
    some nonsense from the chat akin to automated answering systems that you get on the phone, but this was pleasantly surprising.

NicoNugget, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Cpt Flappy
    Cpt Flappy Guest
    it seems like you already have but if the account recovery form fails when trying to reset the password you must contact customer support so they can create an escalation for a locked account. they will need the device id and the gamertag they are trying
    to unlock(the gamertag has to have been used online on the device for at least five days) essentially what they do is use your usage history on the console you tell them to prove you are the account owner. once the escalation is complete it takes up to three
    days for the escalation team to reply to you and help you regain access to the account and update your information to make sure your emails/phone numbers are all current.

Cpt Flappy, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Cpt Flappy Win User

it seems like you already have but if the account recovery form fails when trying to reset the password you must contact customer support so they can create an escalation for a locked account. they will need the device id and the gamertag they are trying
    to unlock(the gamertag has to have been used online on the device for at least five days) essentially what they do is use your usage history on the console you tell them to prove you are the account owner. once the escalation is complete it takes up to three
    days for the escalation team to reply to you and help you regain access to the account and update your information to make sure your emails/phone numbers are all current.
  7. NicoNugget Win User

**EDIT**

I used the chat help feature, and it is actually helpful after waiting about 15 minutes. The issue is still pending, but the person on the other end of the chat has access to much more information and methods than the support site will offer. I was expecting
    some nonsense from the chat akin to automated answering systems that you get on the phone, but this was pleasantly surprising.
  8. steeledwand7664 Win User

Microsoft login

You know the email and the password for the account?

or

Just the Email?

If you know both is it wanting you to verify the email address as a valid email?

Or

Have you forgotten the password for the account and when trying to recover the account it wants to verify ownership by sending an email to the email address that was hacked?
  9. Rishabh0067 Win User

How to sign in if you forgot your sign in info

Hi
    My name is Rishabh an Independent Adviser, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

If you've forgotten your sign-in information on Xbox, whether it's your password or email, you can still recover your account using the account recovery process. Here's how to do it:

If you've forgotten the email address associated with your Xbox account, try the following:
    Check any alternate email addresses you might have used for account sign-up.
    Look through your records for any confirmation emails or receipts related to your Xbox account.
    If you have your Xbox console, check the account settings to see if your email address is listed there.

Recover Forgotten Password:

After recovering email, recover your password, follow these steps to reset it:
    On the sign-in page, select "Forgot your password?"
    Enter the email address associated with your Xbox account.
    Complete the security challenge to verify your identity.
    Follow the prompts to reset your password. You'll receive a verification code via email or phone to confirm your identity.
    Recover Forgotten Email Address:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and
  10. Vinny #1 Win User

Email Recovery

Thema:

1. Recovering an account when email is inaccessible and the password has been forgotten - Similar Threads - Recovering account email

2. Is there a way to recover my Xbox account without an email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to recover my Xbox account without an email?: I lost the email I signed into my account with, and it no longer exists anymore. I lost the PC I had my Xbox account on, and I can't seem to do anything. Is there a solution???...
  3. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  4. How can I Recover A Hacked Email/Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I Recover A Hacked Email/Account: So recently I tried to play Minecraft and microsoft asked me to sign in with my email. When I tried to it said that my account did not exist. So I kept trying again and again. But that did not...
  5. Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?: My son has managed to sign out of his minecraft account and I can't remember which email address I used to set up the Microsoft account linked to it... I've tried all the email addresses I can...
  6. I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?: I Brought Minecraft on an account and lost the email but im still logged in and can play on microsoft games with the account can i recover the email? 8c741100-ba3c-41cc-b4bd-999adc36672f
  7. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  8. Recover Account - Email hacked and shut down

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Account - Email hacked and shut down: Hi. Locked out of my account. My email was hacked and Microsoft shut down my account. Now, I have a son crying because he can't play games and all of his data is possibly lost. Xbox support saying...
  9. HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT)

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT): Hi everyone, I need serious help getting back into my email account which is linked to my Xbox account, I've had my account for 17 years and when I first started my profile I cant remember what...
  10. Can i recover an account that had its email changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover an account that had its email changed: my account had its email changed a while ago and i havent been able to get it back can i get some help 83ca05c7-ebe0-40c6-91cf-04d7614b6a2c