Recover my child's account password

Discus and support Recover my child's account password in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have created an account for my child on Xbox series X just before the summer vacation. When we came back I found out that the password is not what I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Goran Šneperger, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Recover my child's account password

I have created an account for my child on Xbox series X just before the summer vacation. When we came back I found out that the password is not what I remembered. Account is visible in MS My Family app but I cannot change the password from there. I have tried to restore the password from recovery form but as soon I get to the Xbox step there are only two options. Either it's Xbox 360 or Xbox One. In both cases I don't have the right format of Console ID since Xbox series X is not listed there. As my kid has never send an email or had Skype installed or had any previous passwords I get to the wall of not being able to verify that the account actually belongs to my family member. How can I provide correct information (screenshots of My Family app for example) to get this account up and running again?

:)

Goran Šneperger, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Goran neperger

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Have you tried to reset the account password via a PC here: Outlook (live.com) or Microsoft account | Home

You may have better luck resetting the account password via a PC rather than the console.

Hope this helps,

Nathan
  3. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Goran neperger

Right ok, that is interesting. I thought you could reset your password using the password recovery method online too. As it was resetting the password for the Microsoft account. If you can't verify the account, you would be better reaching out to Xbox Support to see what they can do: Contact us | Xbox Support

Nathan
  4. Goran Šneperger Win User

I have tried that but I have one message saying that my child needs to sign in again on Windows (xbox) to verify it's account.
  5. richardhuck1 Win User

Microsoft account balance

I set up a child account and added money to it but I forgot the password so now I cannot get the child account to log on the Xbox One to be able to use the Microsoft account balance so basically the Xbox One shows the child account but when I click on
    the profile to get the gamertag set up on it it wants to password that I do not remember so basically I can't get into the account without a password and I've tried recover it and I still can't recover it is there a way to remove the child account and the
    money still be on the parent account
  6. XBF - Evie Win User

Recovering Microsoft password for my child's account.

We understand your frustration if you discover you can't recover the account. The account recovery process is designed to protect your account and its contents.

This means our support agents and advocates can't do more than you can do for yourself with the account recovery form. They don't have the ability to send you password reset links or provide you other ways to access or change account details.

What you can do...

Fill out the account recovery form again We recommend that you try filling out the account recovery form again. You can do this up to two times per day. Do this if you find more information or remember something else about your account that will help.

Create a new Microsoft account You can always create a new Microsoft account in the interim if you’re having trouble with the recovery request and try again later when you remember something new that might help.

Add security and recovery features to your new account If you decide to create a new Microsoft account we recommend you follow the guidance to add one or more additional security contact info methods to your account right away. Review and set up an alternative sign in methods, such as the Microsoft Authenticator app to use to sign into your account.

Sincerely,

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Recover my child's account password - Similar Threads - Recover child's account

2. Recover things from a long wiped 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover things from a long wiped 360: I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was...
  3. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  4. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...
  5. Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.

in XBoX on Windows
    Recover my microsoft account because it was stolen.: I got alot of Microsoft emails but I ignored them thinking it was just telling me about something that I subscribed on, but in fact it was telling me my account has been stolen and information...
  6. How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I recover a possibly deleted account from microsoft?: So recently my friend invited me to play minecraft, but after trying to sign in the game is when I realized that my login credentials didn't seem to work. I tried signing in on the microsoft page...
  7. How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?

in XBoX on Windows
    How to to recover the com.mojang.minecraftpe folder after deleting it?: When i tried to update the minecraft apk file. It gave a choice to save the files before deleting the app and installing it again and so i clicked yes and after that i tried to reinstall minecraft...
  8. How to recover my childs hacked account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to recover my childs hacked account: I have been trying to recover my son's account for over a week now. I am not able to get a person on the phone to talk with me. The person who hacked my son's account not only changed the email...
  9. How can I recover my child's hacked by @rambler.ru account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my child's hacked by @rambler.ru account?: Hello, despite my efforts to recover my child's microsoft / xbox account (forms completed for recovery procedures, declined unfortunately by your staff, although I provided all the necessary...
  10. Child consent deleted, can't recover it

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child consent deleted, can't recover it: Hi, I had Minecraft, my daughter didn't, we wanted to play Minecraft together on a server that I host at home. So I wanted to buy the game for her too. She created her microsoft account jokingly...