recover hacked Gamertag

Discus and support recover hacked Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son had an email associated with his Gamertag for 10+ years. Recently someone hacked into the internet service provider email account associated... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Karen N_LINY, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Karen N_LINY
    Karen N_LINY Guest

recover hacked Gamertag

My son had an email associated with his Gamertag for 10+ years. Recently someone hacked into the internet service provider email account associated with the Gamertag. The hacker forwarded our emails to their email address. That person must have requested a password reset for our xbox, but since he had forwarded our emails to him, we never saw the requests. The password was reset, then the email we had associated with that Gamertag was changed to his email. My son can turn on his xbox, see his Gamertag but with the different email address. When he tries to log on with his email, a system message says there is no such account with his email. Is there anyway to essentially get his account back? We have tried to contact Microsoft through a link but the response is we don't give them enough information. We've tried the Chat and that keeps sending me to reset my password, which is not what we want. I've tried the 800# but can't get a live person. The automated system then gives me a link to change the password. Again, what I'm trying to do is get our email address linked to his Gamertag so he can access his account. Thank you in advance.

:)

Karen N_LINY, Jan 25, 2023
  2. FrozenBrute Win User

is it possible to be hacked?

If your account was 'hacked' you'd have to recover your gamertag again.
  3. Mister Gwyther Win User

Recovering hacked gamertag

Probably not, but you would have to contact phone support to get the official answer from them.
  4. Georges C. Win User

recover hacked Gamertag

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Karen, according to your description, your child's Microsoft/Xbox account was hacked, I'm sorry for what happened, but in cases like this you should try to recover the account using the account recovery form below.

Recover your account

https://account.live.com/acsr

Help with the Microsoft account recovery form

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-bil...
  5. GrindstoneJohn Win User

Profile question

This would recover the Gamertag back to your xbox.

Sometimes if there is an account that is hacked if you recover before instructed it could flag the account.They were probably just letting you know it was ok to recover.
  6. TemperingFall7 Win User

Since the great hack, Do we just wait?

another thing I need to know is can I recover my gamertag while its forzen and why did it create a new gamertag after I reported it hacked,
Thema:

recover hacked Gamertag

1. recover hacked Gamertag - Similar Threads - recover hacked Gamertag

2. Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and microsoft not caring enough to recover, And might pursue legal action.: So I've been having the worst Christmas and the worse new years of my life. A couple of days ago a friend of mine got hacked on steam and sent a bunch of links to hack people, being a dummy I...
  3. How can I Recover A Hacked Email/Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I Recover A Hacked Email/Account: So recently I tried to play Minecraft and microsoft asked me to sign in with my email. When I tried to it said that my account did not exist. So I kept trying again and again. But that did not...
  4. Hacking my account how can I recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacking my account how can I recover: Hello, I've had my Microsoft account hacked, which I use mainly for the minecraft game. I have the list of emails and the email of the person who hacked it. can I forward it to someone to recover...
  5. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  6. Recover Account - Email hacked and shut down

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Account - Email hacked and shut down: Hi. Locked out of my account. My email was hacked and Microsoft shut down my account. Now, I have a son crying because he can't play games and all of his data is possibly lost. Xbox support saying...
  7. Is there any way to recover a hacked minecraft account using its transaction ID?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way to recover a hacked minecraft account using its transaction ID?: Ive recently lost my Minecraft account without knowing, and recently ive tried to log back in. Problem being it said “My Email wasnt linked to an account”. Which i found very weird and recently...
  8. My account has been hacked and deleted. When i try do recover I am not able to because I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has been hacked and deleted. When i try do recover I am not able to because I...: When I tried to sign in it didn't work. Then when I checked my Gmail it said "Your security info was deleted." c6dbde92-2f85-4249-b5a5-1a733d55c430
  9. My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want...: My account got hacked but i recovered it but the hackers had changed my gamertag so i want to revert it back. Pls someone help me 2a67077c-60fd-4159-be58-ca3cb1c093df
  10. Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover my old Gamertag since I no longer have access to my hacked Microsoft email...: I have a vintage game or two that's no longer in circulation and I'd like to add it to my current profile of humanly possible. a1fa0665-ca0b-4510-b56c-64514c1d5e4c