Recording to External Drives with Xbox Game Bar

Discus and support Recording to External Drives with Xbox Game Bar in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I use Xbox Game Bar to screen-record my PC. I am running a bit low on space on my local disk, and I am wondering if it is possible to record with Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SuitableBlox, Jun 3, 2021.

  1. SuitableBlox
    SuitableBlox Guest

    Recording to External Drives with Xbox Game Bar


    I use Xbox Game Bar to screen-record my PC.

    I am running a bit low on space on my local disk, and I am wondering if it is possible to record with Xbox Game Bar to an external drive such as an NTFS-Formatted USB Stick without third-party-software or extensions.

    Thank you!

    :)
     
    SuitableBlox, Jun 3, 2021
    #1
  2. Tezzerrific Win User

    Recording to External Drives with Xbox Game Bar

    yep, create a folder called captures on your external hdd then right click on the capture folder where it is now (usually under video) and click properties, then click the tab that states location, then click find a target and select that new folder on the external drive. job done.
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

    Xbox Game Bar to record

    If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
  4. denis97g Win User

    Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?

  5. Connah95 Win User

    xbox one & tv

    Firstly , you don't need an external hard drive to record game's gameplay clips.
  6. Gerry Gonzalez Win User

    Xbox One X 4K Recording

    Recording internally. No external drives connected. Recording in 4K HDR for 30 seconds.
Thema:

Recording to External Drives with Xbox Game Bar

Loading...
  1. Recording to External Drives with Xbox Game Bar - Similar Threads - Recording External Drives

  2. Feedback on some Party Chat recording annoyances

    in XboX Insiders
    Feedback on some Party Chat recording annoyances: Currently, the way recording party audio is set up kind of annoys me and my friends, so I'd like to throw some feedback out here in the hopes that others agree. When someone in the party is...
  3. any news on when party recording will come to the beta?

    in XboX Insiders
    any news on when party recording will come to the beta?: I keep checking for an update everyday lol submitted by /u/Mobile_Kangaroo_7672 [link] [comments]
  4. Feature Request for Asha Sharma's team: Allow microphone recording in Xbox game clips

    in XboX Insiders
    Feature Request for Asha Sharma's team: Allow microphone recording in Xbox game clips: Dear Xbox Team and Asha Sharma, as an Xbox Insider, I really support the new direction of fixing the fundamentals for console players. I would highly appreciate it if you could add a feature to...
  5. Game Captures not recording audio

    in XboX Insiders
    Game Captures not recording audio: On the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead update, Game Captures are no longer recording audio. This occurs whether audio is coming through a headset or the TV speakers. Recording settings: - Display is set...
  6. Got a Series X, but external recording seems to completely corrupt at random.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got a Series X, but external recording seems to completely corrupt at random.: I have a brand new external hard drive, but when I record, it’s basically a 50/50 shot if the recording actually saves or if it becomes corrupted or not. I’ve seen a few other people online say...
  7. My external hard drive won't record multiple videos

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My external hard drive won't record multiple videos: The new Xbox next gen capture update has ruined my recording experience with recording long form gameplay on the Next Gen Xbox. I used to be able to record multiple hours worth of video content to...
  8. Series X. When recording to an external SSD, the system will say it's recording, but the...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X. When recording to an external SSD, the system will say it's recording, but the...: This has only started recently in the past month or so. Previously it had worked flawlessly. But now it's intermittent. Sometimes it records the second I hit the hotkey, other times it will start...
  9. Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD: I Want To Know Can I capture a 60 Min 1080 60fps video on XBOX Series X With USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD. f00c906d-d721-405d-a73e-e6a97d58e790
  10. Can i use my phone as an external storage to record xbox clips for over 10 minutes?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Can i use my phone as an external storage to record xbox clips for over 10 minutes?: Hello, i want to record videos on xbox for over 10 minutes but i need an external storage, can i use my phone as an external storage? d95127c1-2cbb-4260-a8c6-8fd00757e9c0