Recording disappears after 50 minute mark (Windows Game Bar)

Discus and support Recording disappears after 50 minute mark (Windows Game Bar) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Every time a recording reaches the 50-minute mark, or sometimes, even more, it suddenly fails recording and doesn't save to the folder. Is there any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Daniel Gb., Dec 20, 2022.

1. Daniel Gb.
    Daniel Gb. Guest

Every time a recording reaches the 50-minute mark, or sometimes, even more, it suddenly fails recording and doesn't save to the folder. Is there any way to retrieve these files and possibly eliminate the situation? I've recorded multiple videos that also had this same fate.

:)

Daniel Gb., Dec 20, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Microsoft Community.

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello Daniel Gb.,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having concerns with regards on clip recording. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• Current version and edition of Windows Installed? (Search for WINVER in Windows search to see this)
    • Xbox app and Gaming services version?
      • Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

Re-register Xbox Gamebar

Open PowerShell and run it as admin

Then copy and paste the command below

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay*).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

Perform Clea Boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Use the system file checker tool

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

xbox game bar screen recording black screen

Hi Enlopz. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

> i would also like to add that the screen record was named “control panel”

Game Bar names recordings after the app it was recording, so in this case it was recording the Control Panel.

Game Bar can only record one app window, it will record the app which was focused when you started the recording. It cannot switch to recording another app after you begin recording.

> i would also like to fix this specific screen recording as it is important for me.

I'm afraid it won't be possible to fix this recording. Game Bar only recorded that specific window; you can't go back and change that as any other data was not captured during the recording.

If you wish to record your whole screen, I recommend using a different recording app such as OBS. Game Bar is designed for recording games, hence why it can only capture one window at a time.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. CarTzy Win User

Xbox Game Bar last 30 seconds

Hello Mater_07,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

If you’re experiencing issues using Xbox Game Bar on your Windows device, make sure that you have the latest version of Windows and that all your Windows updates are complete. If you’re experiencing issues with your shortcuts not working, check for updates and ensure that you’re using the latest version of Xbox Game Bar.

You can record up to 30 minutes with the Xbox game bar, but it will automatically turn off after that. However, some games may allow you to record longer clips, up to 5 minutes, depending on the game settings.

Please see: Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Game Bar recordings disappeared

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Billwardqnonsense, sometimes there may have been some problem at the time of creating the temporary files of the media files, if you have already checked the folders and settings of the Game Bar, probably these files unfortunately got lost.

Check your system with the latest updates.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have

the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
Thema:

1. Recording disappears after 50 minute mark (Windows Game Bar) - Similar Threads - Recording disappears minute

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...: A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1 controller as 2 controllers. How do I fix this? d5b694d1-d253-4428-a42f-c9ca39459e9f
  4. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  5. Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...: Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took restart and i lost that recording how can i restore that ? 35300058-82da-4e73-a0b1-15ba50a6d7b6
  6. Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB: Hi, everyone out there. I had recently done a bunch of screen recordings on my Xbox Series X, at FHD 1080p, 60fps. When these videos, saved onto the USB Drive (formatted correctly) are played...
  7. I can't record on my pc with the game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record on my pc with the game bar: im on my pc and i'm trying to record a video but it says "recording isn't working "error:0x82323619" i dont realy know much about this xbox on my pc stuff 728fd6a4-39db-4808-9a17-1bdcefa44de0
  8. I can't record clips of roblox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't record clips of roblox: I've had this issue for a while and it seems to be an on and off thing. For the past year I have not be able to record any clips of roblox. I've deleted almost all of my clips, I don't have any...
  9. Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice

in XboX Insiders
    Game Bar not recording clips with MY voice: I have the setting enabled to record voice, I have privacy permissions set to allow my mic to be detected. I have all microphone devices disabled except my actual microphone and have it selected...
  10. My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Game Bar recording does not work unless I turn it off and back on in settings.: When I go to open Game bar with a game running and go to record what happened its always grayed out saying its "Gaming features aren't available for the Windows desktop or File explorer". When I...