Recording 1 hour of gameplay on Xbox One X not working

Discus and support Recording 1 hour of gameplay on Xbox One X not working in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I recently found out that you can record up to an hour of Xbox gameplay using an external drive formatted as NTFS. I needed a new way... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by PrismGod7, Dec 4, 2022.

1. PrismGod7
    PrismGod7 Guest

Hello everyone,

I recently found out that you can record up to an hour of Xbox gameplay using an external drive formatted as NTFS. I needed a new way to record gameplay for my YouTube channel. I used a 64GB flash/thumb drive with USB 3.0 (Formatted it correctly too). I plugged it into the front USB slot on the Xbox One X and went to capture settings to change the storage location and recording length. There, I selected the 1080p HDR/SDR (I forget which one it is). After selecting the quality, I went to change the recording length and it said that the max I could record was 2 minutes. The videos I watched had said that it should record up to one hour, but I am still confused. Can someone help me out?

:)

PrismGod7, Dec 4, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello PrismGod7, unfortunately with a pen drive you won't be able to do all that recording time.

For this to work and record longer times if you capture videos you have to connect an external HD with USB 3.0 to your Xbox One.

that's because a pendrive doesn't have the ability to read, write and create swap like an external HD.
  3. PrismGod7 Win User

Thanks for your help! I have an extra hard drive that I can use.
  4. SavageProductz Win User

Recording a Game (Bioshock Remastered)

HI, the game works fine, i just want to record my gameplay to my hardrive. I can normally record gameplay up to 1 hour but this game does not allow me for some reason.
  5. OneFuriousFox Win User

Game capture time decreased

Power cycling is useless. Complete factory reset is useless. Xbox support chat is useless. Already tried each one. It is a software issue, where Xbox has changed the menu on the Xbox series x so that the "record what happened" feature, usedbto record previous gameplay, can only record 1 minute of previous gameplay. My original Xbox One from a decade ago can record previous gameplay of the same quality for up to 2 minutes.
  6. FreakRoach Win User

I can't record for more than two minutes on Game DVR

You can't record gameplay for 2 hours. Max is 1 hour, but that also only if you've an external storage connected. Without external storage you can record 2 minutes at 1080p.
Thema:

1. Recording 1 hour of gameplay on Xbox One X not working - Similar Threads - Recording hour gameplay

2. Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar will not record internal audio and mic simultaneously when using the 30...: When using the 30 second capture feature with capture audio recording set to All (game, enabled mic, apps, system), it does not record microphone audio. Note Game Bar's three options for...
  3. A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1...: A few days ago I recorded asseto corsa after which when I log into FC24 it perceives my 1 controller as 2 controllers. How do I fix this? d5b694d1-d253-4428-a42f-c9ca39459e9f
  4. Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar recording games in the wrong resolution: Sometimes, when playing a game in full screen, I will use the Capture button on my Xbox controller or use Windows Key + G to open game bar and record a clip, but when I look at the clip...
  5. Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took...: Hi, Today I was recording a meeting using game recording but suddenly my laptop took restart and i lost that recording how can i restore that ? 35300058-82da-4e73-a0b1-15ba50a6d7b6
  6. Cannot record videos upto an hour with 16 GB on Xbox one S

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot record videos upto an hour with 16 GB on Xbox one S: I used to record upto an hour using a 16 GB flash drive on my Xbox one console 2 years ago. But when I tried it again, I couldn't record upto an hour. What is the reason. Help will be appreciated...
  7. Can't record for an hour on xbox one x?

in XboX Insiders
    Can't record for an hour on xbox one x?: I have an external hard drive that's specifically for recording gameplay. When i start recording it shows whatever seconds of 1:00 indicating its setup correctly to record up to an hour but then...
  8. The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X)

in XBoX on Consoles
    The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X): it has been working fine 4 way over a year, used it last on Tuesday (22/10) and it's working fine, but yesterday I wanted to record a 1 hour 4K clip from The Outer Worlds, and the option is gone...
  9. Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X Record up to 1 hour stops recording: I was just curious if other people that use this feature (record up to an hour with an external hard drive) are getting the recording stopped with less than 5 mins of starting. It is doing this to...
  10. 24 hour communication ban permanent on my account record?

in XBoX on Consoles
    24 hour communication ban permanent on my account record?: after 11 years of being an Xbox live member i received a 24 hour communication ban. After looking into the page i came across the ambassador program and looked like something i would love to be...