Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I...

Discus and support Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've had my Xbox profile for 3 years now and I recently wanted to change my gamertag and I know it was free but I never used the free one.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Owen TS, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Owen TS
    Owen TS Guest

Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I...

I've had my Xbox profile for 3 years now and I recently wanted to change my gamertag and I know it was free but I never used the free one.

:)

Owen TS, Aug 27, 2022
  2. Smwutches Win User

Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I was wondering if it is not a thing anymore?

It's still a thing, but it's only given if you were given a randomly generated tag when you created your account and are changing that tag for the first time. If you have a tag you chose, then you already used your change.
  3. DanTheSmallMan Win User

Gamertag is already in use?

The Gamertag may have been recently changed. This has happened to me a few times, like I wanted to change my Gamertag to, as funny as this may seem, "Tuukka my Rask" (he's a NHL goalie) it said it was available, but I couldn't change it due to the same problem.
    Just wait a week or so and try again.
  4. ROBOSLIDER Win User

Changed Gamertag For XBox Online, Didn't Realize There Was a Fee

your first change is always free to my knowledge.
    It never used to be. Only one free change was available to those that took an auto-generated Gamertag.

The one free change for all was a recent thing.
  5. Xenkuru Win User

How do I remove the automatically generated gamertag?

Sadly there is no option available to transfer a gamertag to another account, but there is a way you can get the gamertag you want.

1. (You will have to pay if you already used the free gamertag change) Change the gamertag of the account with the old email to something else (So the gamertag can be available)

2. Use the free gamertag change on the account with the randomly generated gamertag
  6. PhilippHaidinger Win User

Gamertag question?

Hello,

Microsoft changed my gamertag without telling me and now i have to buy a code to Change my gamertag! I want to know if i could get a free Change?
Thema:

1. Recently I wanted to change my gamertag and the free change is not available to me. So I... - Similar Threads - Recently wanted change

2. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  3. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  4. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  5. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  6. why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?: I just want the most recent OSU f3ece180-f3b6-4c18-9f4d-97752fa7aa83
  7. I have purchased a d played diablo 4 this year. I uninstalled it recently and now want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have purchased a d played diablo 4 this year. I uninstalled it recently and now want to...: As the title says. I have digitally bought and played diablo 4 this year. I completed it. I uninstalled as I wasn't using and now wish to return. The Microsoft store is asking me to pay again?!...
  8. i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i...: i have recently wanted to play doom eternal on pc using gamepass but no campaign it say i need to buy it 5dfc0b2f-c6f4-4472-8a1d-571f7a7c7db1
  9. Alpha ring,after the recent update youtube want me to sign in for age verification for...

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring,after the recent update youtube want me to sign in for age verification for...: submitted by /u/rocks_79 [link] [comments]
  10. xb1.. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO VIEW RECENT FRIENDS

in XBoX on Consoles
    xb1.. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO VIEW RECENT FRIENDS: is there anyone else that doesn't like the xb1 has much as me right now... I purchase this and all games that's out and I find myself going back to the 360 more and more. All because of one...