Recent issue with S/X display...

Discus and support Recent issue with S/X display... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Recent issue with S/X display... Just this week, I have noticed an inordinate amount of display signal loss from my Series X to my projector. I am... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/OneFuriousF0x, Aug 20, 2022.

1. Recent issue with S/X display...

Just this week, I have noticed an inordinate amount of display signal loss from my Series X to my projector. I am losing video signal for a few seconds only when selecting a game tile and entering and exiting games. This may be related to a recent update? (I am in the Alpha Ring of the Insider Program). It's definitely new, and although I have seen occasional signal losses for a few seconds previously, it has never done it regularly and with the ability to reproduce with 100% reliability.

Projector is 1080 only and S/X is set accordingly (the only related research I have found was MS stating that the "Home" screen is 1080 and switching to a 4K game will cause a handshake issue with the display...since I am not on 4k and HDR there is no switching). Receiver (Onkyo 818) is handling the switching and is on HDMI Out 2 (no processing) with Direct and Passthrough enabled...nothing has changed there.

Anyone else in the Insider Program noticing this? Anyone at all seeing similar?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

submitted by /u/OneFuriousF0x
    [link] [comments]

/u/OneFuriousF0x, Aug 20, 2022
  2. Detan Shi Win User

Xbox One X

I recently upgraded from the S to the X, and I personally feel that speed and graphics are better. As others have mentioned the X plays 4K content and displays in native 4K resolution. Where as, the S can display up to 1440p resolution for games and 4k resolution
    for Movie/Video Content (IE 4K UHD Blu-ray disc, content on the Netflix app, etc).

TLDR:

If you wanna play games and watch movies/shows in 4K you'll want the X.

Otherwise I would say the S if you just wanna watch 4K movies or shows.
  3. Spazpol Win User

Xbox one x

I have an xbox one s and personally I'm holding off on the x until I have a 4k display. There are some improvements in overall specs but not enough in my mind to warrant upgrading just from an S. If your console is older, out of warranty and facing
    issues, I would possibly consider getting the X instead of a S if you have to buy a new system in general.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 bad graphics

Hi,

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox was only optimised for Xbox One X it hasn't been optimised for the Series S or X hardware. On the Series S it runs in Xbox One Backwards compatibility mode. As such, it runs at around 900P (around 1600x900). This means it will look quite soft looking on a 4K display, although it should not affect the colours or the contrast.

Unfortunately, RDR2 is not great on the Series S, especially on a 4K display. FIFA 23 is Series S|X optimised, which is why this game looks a lot better.
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Issues Displaying 4K after recent update: Series X

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Before we try any different solutions I suggest you turn off your console and remove the power for a few minutes, after doing this reset your tv to factory defaults this will remove any presets that might be causing this kind of conflict with the console.

After doing the procedure, start your console again, and try activating the 4k60 with the HDR disabled, see if the same problem will happen again.

- If the above solution doesn't solve the problem, I suggest you try resetting your console to factory defaults, for that follow the instructions below.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:

- Select the option to keep your games and apps so that they are not deleted, make sure you know your email and password as they will be removed from the console and you will need to add them again.

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  6. Davolc Win User

Series X Issues

I have exactly the same issue today with the Xbox Series X but not the S.

"issue with flickering pixels that only happen on the menus of the console, but not in game"

tried multiple displays and multiples HDMI cable.

Do you have any news update?
Thema:

1. Recent issue with S/X display... - Similar Threads - Recent issue display

2. My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it...: My xbox series s just started recently turning off automatically when I load YouTube but it has no issue playing games for hours at a time the system has been cleaned and I've signed in and out of...
  3. so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    so I moved to a hotel recently and I tried to connect the wifi to my xbox but each time I...: just a white screen each time 6ab90404-d3b6-476c-a2ae-940c9e82331f
  4. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox One X no longer work after a recent update?: Planned Obsolescence. This is to drive revenue. There should be a lawsuit filed soon. Everyone can join in. I'll provide details. 1c74f1cd-4ba2-46e5-bb63-4b0c64c9622e
  7. Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone not working on xbox app since most recent update: even tho microsoft employees on this forum is as useful as rubbing a countertop with a dry asf overused napkin, i wanted to see if i could see even a glimmer of help from them, since the most...
  8. why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is the recent OSU is dated back in August of 2021?: I just want the most recent OSU f3ece180-f3b6-4c18-9f4d-97752fa7aa83
  9. Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture Saving not correctly showing correct folder for recent captures: Last week i wanted to save my captures to my external hard drive. instead of saving them to a specific folder within the harddrive, i had them save to the entire hard drive its self. because of...
  10. I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm recently having connectivity issues, any advice?: I'll give a story. Took my xbox to a friends house to download something because it was much faster. I bring my xbox back and every now and then it starts to just drain my internet for no reason....