Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

Discus and support Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by craig mcardle, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips suggested including an entire system scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated

:)

craig mcardle, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Richard Herselman Win User

Error Code: 0x803FB005 installing XBox app on windows 10 pc

I previously encountered error 0x803FB005 when trying to update Game Bar (System Components) in Microsoft Store - that's now fixed, thank you.

Next problem, like others have mentioned, is that the Xbox app in Microsoft Store needs an update, but it's stuck on "Downloading". Will keep trying.
  3. DemonRush Win User

0x803FB005 installation stopped when installing anything new from the store

Literally the exact same problem. Just rented a movie from the store, then cannot download the Movies&TV app, and receive error code 0x803FB005 on my XBox One. I can update apps already on my console just fine so it is not my Live/network/profile with
    the issue.
  4. craig mcardle Win User

Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

That has worked and I've now managed to download the app. Thankyou so much for your help
  5. Sodangidni Win User

I understand.
    You can leave the Windows/PC Gaming program if you like.

As this potential fix doesn't work, I would like to ask if you tried disabling your antivirus/firewall program for a couple of minutes, this includes Windows defender.

Once disabled, restart your PC, verify one more time that your antivirus/firewall is disabled and try downloading the Xbox app one more time.
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Craig. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I saw other players reporting something similar. Please give a try this potential solution:

Step 1. Reset the Microsoft Store cache by opening the Run window (If you have a keyboard connected, press the Windows key + R)

Step 2. Type wsreset.exe and wait until the Microsoft Store opens.

Step 3. Download the Insider Hub app once you search for it on the Microsoft Store.

Step 4. Open the app and go to “previews”, find the “Windows Gaming” preview and join to it.

Step 5. Restart your PC, then open the Microsoft Store and search for updates. If there is no new update for the Xbox app, please uninstall the app, run again the wsreset.exe command and try to install it directly from the Microsoft Store.

I'll remain attentive to your comments.

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.
Thema:

1. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store. - Similar Threads - Receiving error code

2. I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the Xbox app: The problem that I have is with the Xbox App. I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the app. I have spent days trying every fix It. Trouble shooting includes reinstalling and...
  3. I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...: I have over the last year been encountering this error. There are times that I can play like normal but then the error comes back randomly. It at times will last for a few days to weeks. It is...
  4. How can I update when I am receiving two error codes, 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I update when I am receiving two error codes, 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490?: I have been trying to update the app, but I keep receiving two error codes 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490. I have tried everything I could, but nothing has worked. I am unable to use my game pass...
  5. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  6. I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....: Despite having a Xbox account in good standing, and being able to sign in the app and website, when I launch an Xbox enabled PC game I get code 0x80070520. This impacts both the new Forza...
  7. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...
  8. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  9. Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app: I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it. 9fce01ee-3642-4f06-a48d-d19bed1f55d8
  10. Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility: Hey y’all I’ve been trying to play Telltale’s The Walking Dead on my Xbox One, but whenever I try to install the game directly from my Xbox360 disc, I get this error. I can install the first...