Receiving Error Code 0x80073d0d

Discus and support Receiving Error Code 0x80073d0d in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can't seem to find another support request with this error code, so I thought I'd ask it myself. So what could be the issue? This only occurs when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EthanWalker47, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Receiving Error Code 0x80073d0d

I can't seem to find another support request with this error code, so I thought I'd ask it myself. So what could be the issue? This only occurs when I attempt to install it on my non-windows drive (which is a hard disk drive).

:)

EthanWalker47, Nov 13, 2022
  2. EthanWalker47 Win User

My apologies for not responding sooner, the phone lines going to my house got taken down by a tree! Anyway, no, the error only occurs on the other drive. I can’t test that right now, but I have games installed on drive C: currently that work excellently.
  3. EthanWalker47 Win User

Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to help!

Unfortunately, literally, none of that worked or seemed to make any difference... However, it has helped me realize some information that may be helpful: I found all the game files intact and installed on the drive in the specified folder, however when it reaches 100% downloaded it shows the aforementioned error code. Interesting.

I could try reinstalling the game, but with my internet speeds that could take a day or so.
  4. EthanWalker47 Win User

Hi Josef! Yes, I am having a great day, especially considering this; I love troubleshooting issues with tech, especially with other people!

Yes, I am using Windows 10 (My motherboard from 2014 isn't supported by Windows 11), and I'd like to create a game library on a drive other than the one Windows is on. I already checked to ensure it's properly formatted (plus it has other programs on it already), and I ran an error check and the program compatibility troubleshooter.

That's all I can really tell you about the situation other than that the game I'm trying to install is Forza Horizon 5
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

I'm glad to hear that!

Let's try to isolate the problem a bit more, please try this to see if that helps:

"Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and type Powershell, then Right-click the result and choose Run as administrator.

Type in the following commands, and press Enter on your keyboard to execute them:

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

After the commands are done, you should restart your device.

Once you’ve restarted, open an administrator Powershell again, as described previously

Type in the following command, and again, press Enter to execute it:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

The command will install any missing built-in apps that you might’ve uninstalled, be it intentionally or by accident, and fix the issue with the Xbox app" (Don't worry if you see red messages, that's normal)

Source: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-xbox-app-sign-in...

If maybe that doesn't help, please try installing a different game to see if the issue persist.

And by the way, if you're using a custom folder. Please use the default XboxGames or WindowsApps folder before trying with a different game

---------

If this is happening with all the games try this:

A. Open task manager > select the startup tab > disable all the programs listed there temporarily

Restart the PC and try again

B. Do a clean boot in your PC and try again

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-t...

C. Create a new local administrator user in your PC and try from there

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

D. Reinstall Gaming Services using powershell command

Press Windows key + X and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).

Type or copy / past the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Restart the PC and Open the Xbox application.

A blue notification with the following message is going to appear at the bottom:

"This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services is needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install"

Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services, once installed check again
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

That’s really strange
    Ethan just to confirm, if you try to install a game on the C: drive, something similar happens? Or is this happening only when you select this other drive?
Thema:

1. Receiving Error Code 0x80073d0d - Similar Threads - Receiving Error Code

2. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  3. I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.: I can't log into any Microsoft related accounts. Upon logging in I get the error message "Please try again later, " or "The application has made too many requests. Press Retry to continue."...
  4. I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....: Despite having a Xbox account in good standing, and being able to sign in the app and website, when I launch an Xbox enabled PC game I get code 0x80070520. This impacts both the new Forza...
  5. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.: I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips...
  6. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...
  7. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  8. Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app: I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it. 9fce01ee-3642-4f06-a48d-d19bed1f55d8
  9. Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility: Hey y’all I’ve been trying to play Telltale’s The Walking Dead on my Xbox One, but whenever I try to install the game directly from my Xbox360 disc, I get this error. I can install the first...
  10. Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator: So I recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my system and tried to reinstall MSFS back on my system. I received the error code "0x80070002" while trying to install it. And before you ask, I:...