Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator

Discus and support Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my system and tried to reinstall MSFS back on my system. I received the error code "0x80070002" while trying to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrC402, May 18, 2023.

1. MrC402
    MrC402 Guest

Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator

So I recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my system and tried to reinstall MSFS back on my system. I received the error code "0x80070002" while trying to install it.

And before you ask, I:

• Checked to make sure my gaming services and Xbox apps are up to date (they are)
    • Made sure Windows 11 was up to date (I am unable to downgrade to 10)
    • Tried installing the game in different file locations on 3 different drives (I have more than 1TB available on all of the drives, all SSDs)
    • Made sure the Microsoft Store was up to date (I cannot use the WSReset.exe option)
    • Power cycled my machine twice
    • Tried recovering other Windows 11 updates where my system wasn't up to date
    • Cleaned out all of my XboxGames folders
    • Deleted the Xbox app and reinstalled it
    If anyone could assist with my problem that would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MrC402, May 18, 2023
  2. MrC402 Win User

Okay then what key values am I supposed to add if the game can't find them lmao
  3. andersonpassos Win User

just changing regedit manually.
  4. MrC402 Win User

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, the method you listed does not work because the Xbox app does not load while in safe mode (I waited for half an hour). Do you know of anything else I could possibly do?
  5. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

Error code "0x80070002" usually indicates that a file or a registry key that the installer is trying to access is missing or corrupted.

Try installing MSFS in safe mode: Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Type "msconfig" and press Enter. In the System Configuration window, go to the Boot tab and check the "Safe boot" option. Click Apply and restart your computer. Try installing MSFS in safe mode.

Disable your antivirus: Temporarily disable your antivirus software and try installing MSFS again. Some antivirus software can interfere with the installation process.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator Error Code:0x80070002

Hello Swoop34,

Thanks for the reply and for patiently waiting for our response.

We noticed that your screenshot has included your email address. To make sure your personal information is well kept for your protection, we cut out the screenshot and post it.

Though the error code is related about the Xbox Live - Error 0x80070002 occurs while launching or installing a PC game | Xbox Support. Where the recommendation is to wait for a while, then try launching or installing again. Installing the app would take a while.

So, we would suggest this, on Microsoft Store and search for Microsoft Flight Simulator then launch the game from there. Make sure that the account on Microsoft Store is showing as the same account that acquire the game to match everything.

Let us know how it went and what error message or code it displays. Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Receiving error code "0x80070002" while trying to install Microsoft Flight Simulator - Similar Threads - Receiving error code

2. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  3. I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.: I can't log into any Microsoft related accounts. Upon logging in I get the error message "Please try again later, " or "The application has made too many requests. Press Retry to continue."...
  4. I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....: Despite having a Xbox account in good standing, and being able to sign in the app and website, when I launch an Xbox enabled PC game I get code 0x80070520. This impacts both the new Forza...
  5. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.: I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips...
  6. Points purchase error in the mut madden store it’s been a week that I haven’t received my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Points purchase error in the mut madden store it’s been a week that I haven’t received my...: When I come to buy points in the madden mut store it says points purchasing error how can I fixed this ? Thank you 44c4d818-a927-4a93-895b-d108b7a97052
  7. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...
  8. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  9. Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app: I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it. 9fce01ee-3642-4f06-a48d-d19bed1f55d8
  10. Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility: Hey y’all I’ve been trying to play Telltale’s The Walking Dead on my Xbox One, but whenever I try to install the game directly from my Xbox360 disc, I get this error. I can install the first...