received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game

Discus and support received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello, i received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft, and i can see them in the payment option, but when i decide to buy a 4.99 game from the store, it asks... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EduardMatei, Nov 22, 2021.

1. EduardMatei
    EduardMatei Guest

hello, i received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft, and i can see them in the payment option, but when i decide to buy a 4.99 game from the store, it asks me to change my region.

The game is from US Store, and the payment method is US $. ( gifted )

All that i understand is that i can chose to pay with that Microsoft credit but can't buy what i want.

Why?

Mortal Kombat X | Xbox

:)

EduardMatei, Nov 22, 2021
  2. EduardMatei Win User

Yes, that solves my mistery ! Thanks for the reply
  3. Smwutches Win User

Are you physically in the US as well?

You would also need enough to cover taxes as well, so just $5 would not be enough for a $4.99 item.
  4. EduardMatei Win User

oh ! i get it, so for the second payment is asks for "how do i pay the rest". and i input my Paypal account witch has no $ inside,

and you are right !

i'm in EU now, not US :(

Mortal Kombat X

$4.99 plus applicable taxes$4.99 plus applicable taxes"

Yes, that solves my mistery ! Thanks for the reply
  5. EduardMatei Win User

:))) Yeah! thanks again ! stay safe !
  6. ngocphi Win User

Didn't you hear the expression don't accept gifts from strangers? The same rules apply
Thema:

1. received a 5$ gift card from Microsoft but can't use it to buy a 4.99$ game - Similar Threads - received gift card

2. why haven't I received a gifted game

in XBoX Accessibility
    why haven't I received a gifted game: hey Microsoft I recently just gifted myself a digital game called Who's your Daddy on Xbox and for some reason I haven't received it all day I would like some help please....
  3. I did not receive my FIFA points on EA SPORTS FC 24 or My $5 Gift Card.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did not receive my FIFA points on EA SPORTS FC 24 or My $5 Gift Card.: I did not receive my FIFA points on EA SPORTS FC 24 or My $5 Gift Card. 0f0c7d27-5289-48e1-a089-3cfab89f1881
  4. My son scratched his code off the back of an Xbox gift card he received for Christmas. Is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son scratched his code off the back of an Xbox gift card he received for Christmas. Is...: Need some assistance please and thanks. b4c6ae0a-20d7-4a8c-a468-cf1ef7524574
  5. Digital gift card not receiving to my friends account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital gift card not receiving to my friends account: I sent a gift of three month of core to my friend on a different account where he had not friended me but I had friended him he still hasn’t received it after three days what do I do?...
  6. I received a message on xbox saying I can redeem a $25 xbox gift card. I'm at...

in XBoX on Windows
    I received a message on xbox saying I can redeem a $25 xbox gift card. I'm at...: How do I redeem my reward? ab7284bb-4db3-4c60-8061-c94a709502df
  7. What can I do to receive my gift card for my Xbox after someone stole it?

in XBoX on Windows
    What can I do to receive my gift card for my Xbox after someone stole it?: I’m trying to figure out what I can do after somebody stole my Xbox game card. It was a $25 gift card. 5d2196b5-1cd8-4f3b-9144-0fef93efeda9
  8. My son received a pack of 3 $20 Xbox gift cards. One cannot be redeemed. The store said...

in XBoX on Windows
    My son received a pack of 3 $20 Xbox gift cards. One cannot be redeemed. The store said...: My son received a pack of 3 $20 Xbox gift cards. One cannot be redeemed. The store said they can’t do anything about it and I can’t find a number to call. Any suggestions?...
  9. My son received a Microsoft Minecraft Java Edition gift card for his birthday but when we...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son received a Microsoft Minecraft Java Edition gift card for his birthday but when we...: My son received a Microsoft Minecraft Java Edition gift card for his birthday but when we tried to redeem it we were told the code had already been used? What recourse do we have?...
  10. Issues redeeming minecraft minecoins gift card on android tablet - I did not receive a 25...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issues redeeming minecraft minecoins gift card on android tablet - I did not receive a 25...: My son received a Minecraft minecoins gift card for his birthday, which was purchased at Walmart. After finally receiving the receipt with the activation code, I found that it was not a 25 digit...