Receive error 0x80070424 when attempting to install software on XBOX App Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Discus and support Receive error 0x80070424 when attempting to install software on XBOX App Windows 10 Pro 64 bit in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey All, I am receiving error 0x80070424 when attempting to install Craftopia to my PC. Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Windows update is not... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by UwU42069, Sep 7, 2021.

1. UwU42069
    UwU42069 Guest

Receive error 0x80070424 when attempting to install software on XBOX App Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hey All,

I am receiving error 0x80070424 when attempting to install Craftopia to my PC. Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Windows update is not disabled on the PC, I have run the troubleshooter and it found no issues. I am fully patched and up to date, have restarted several times.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks

:)

UwU42069, Sep 7, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. I'm sorry you're having this problem.

Reading your problem, I saw that you tried some solutions, but they didn't solve the problem. I recommend that you try the solutions below, please.

Solution 1:

Open Powershell in administrator mode, copy and paste the following instruction line.

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

*After that try installing the game again.

Solution 2:

Click the windows icon in the taskbar > Settings > apps > Gaming services > advanced > repair & reset

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, and I'm sorry you're having this experience.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Any Xbox Game Pass Game Installed will not launch - Errors out on a '16 bit' application

If you encounter a 16-bit application error message for games or apps that are actually designed for 64-bit systems, it could indicate a different underlying issue.

The above comments come from the fact that if you do a general internet search of such an error, you'll get articles and forum posts of users encountering this problem while actually attempting run old 16 bit games and software on modern 64 bit versions of Windows 10 or 11, not while running 64 bit apps on a modern 64 bit Windows 10/11 PC.

DOSBox is a PC emulator, but, it has no relation to this issue at all.

Have you run the system file checker utility in Windows? Open the Command Prompt as an administrator and enter the command sfc /scannow to scan and repair system files.

Can you provide some more information on your system specs please?

I suspect either some key system files are damaged/corrupt/out of date. Or, some background third party app is interfering with the Xbox app, such as an anti-virus or other security program. Unlike games from Steam, GoG or EA, to name a few, Xbox game installs are locked and encrypted. Something in Windows or running in the background may be making Windows think these games are 16 bit applications.

Bear in mind that there a myriad of PC hardware configurations with many different software and hardware setups. Without perhaps doing such a drastic step of completely formatting your PC and installing a fresh version Windows, it may not be possible to fix on its own.

Reinstalling the Operating system (and I mean booting from a bootable USB drive with a new fresh install of Windows 10 or 11) is what I am referring to here, not attempting to reset Windows from within the OS.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Gamepass ultimate,Xbox (Beta) app not working

... Also in the system requirements for the games islt says attention. You are on a (X86) system you need a (X64) system, well im im confused because im running a 32 bit system with a 32 bit version of windows 10 pro (fully up to date).
    As you say you are running a 32 bit version of Windows 10 (i.e. a X86 version), you can't run apps and games that require a 64 bit system (X64).

You would have to completely re-install Windows 10 to upgrade to a 64 bit version (if your PC hardware supports a 64 bit OS).
  5. XBF - Tali Win User

我无法在商店下载软件

Hello Yks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Xbox forums! If possible, I would like to receive additional details regarding the error you're receiving. Are you unable to download game specific software and is this off of the Microsoft Store app? Or by chance, are you attempting to download content off of the Xbox app? When the client fails to download, are you receiving an error code?

In the meantime, I've attached an article below with various game installation troubleshooting methods on Windows 10.

Game Installation Troubleshooting - Windows 10

-Tali

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
  6. GniQQ Win User

Metro Exodus Windows 10 Edition crashes, settings are not saved, BSOD

Oh, and Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with all the latest updates
Thema:

1. Receive error 0x80070424 when attempting to install software on XBOX App Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Similar Threads - Receive error 0x80070424

2. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  3. I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant log in to my account and when I do I receive one of several errors.: I can't log into any Microsoft related accounts. Upon logging in I get the error message "Please try again later, " or "The application has made too many requests. Press Retry to continue."...
  4. I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....: Despite having a Xbox account in good standing, and being able to sign in the app and website, when I launch an Xbox enabled PC game I get code 0x80070520. This impacts both the new Forza...
  5. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.: I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips...
  6. Points purchase error in the mut madden store it’s been a week that I haven’t received my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Points purchase error in the mut madden store it’s been a week that I haven’t received my...: When I come to buy points in the madden mut store it says points purchasing error how can I fixed this ? Thank you 44c4d818-a927-4a93-895b-d108b7a97052
  7. I am receiving an error when I turn on the XBox stating “invalid format “

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error when I turn on the XBox stating “invalid format “: When I turn on my XBox . It doesn’t connect to the tv and gives an error message of “INVALID FORMAT “ 7e5141c8-8e64-420c-842e-2135b617330a
  8. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...
  9. Receiving error 0x87e00196 when attempting to install any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error 0x87e00196 when attempting to install any game: When attempting to install any game using PC game pass / the Xbox app, it abruptly stops prior to allowing any installation and says "Something went wrong", providing the error code 0x87e00196....
  10. I logged into Microsoft Minecraft more than once and I received an error. What caused the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I logged into Microsoft Minecraft more than once and I received an error. What caused the...: I logged into Microsoft Minecraft more than once and I received an error. What caused the error? I hope you can answer. c64934e8-8514-4edb-8bf3-ec6eef140053