Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

Discus and support Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello. I found an article saying you can now rebind share button for this controller... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SomaTGW, Jun 28, 2023.

  1. SomaTGW
    SomaTGW Guest

    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button


    Hello.

    I found an article saying you can now rebind share button for this controller (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/accessories/controller-share-button) but I don't have the option to rebind the share button itself.
    I gave feedback on this support article but I still want to be able to rebind my share button to something else.
    I have tried updating Xbox Accessories app and my controllers firmware.

    :)
     
    SomaTGW, Jun 28, 2023
    #1
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

    you cant rebind the share button at all in windows for normal series controllers, i use a program called Xbox Controller button remapper, this then allows be to use the xbox button to open gamebar, start a recording in shadowplay and record the last 30 seconds etc, it is fully configurable and works all the time.

    it uses practically no resources and you add it to the startup folder as a shortcut to start with windows and that is. you can configure it for absolutely anything not just recording.
  3. SomaTGW Win User

    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

    If you'd read through the posts you'd know I'm not on an Xbox console, but people here seem incapable of reading properly.

    I have already been in contact with Xbox support who said this is an issue on their side, not mine.
  4. Geri M. Win User

    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

    Hi SomaTGW,

    Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

    We are sorry to hear that you’re having trouble rebinding your share button. Based on the Xbox Support page, you can configure the Share button on an Xbox controller by opening the Xbox Accessories app by following the steps.

    What's this Share button on my controller? | Xbox Support

    • pressing the Xbox button to open the guide,
    • select My games & apps
    • See all > Apps
    • and then choose Xbox Accessories.
    • Select the controller you want to configure, select the profile you want to configure,
    • and then select Edit or New profile to create a profile.
    • Select Share button and map the function you’d like to the Share button.


    [​IMG]


    If you have already tried this method and it didn’t work, you can try resetting your controller by following these steps:



    1. Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for three seconds until the Xbox button starts flashing.
    2. Press and hold the Pair button on your console for three seconds until the console’s light starts flashing.
    3. Wait for both lights to stop flashing and remain solid.

    If this doesn’t work, you can try contacting Xbox Support for further assistance. Please use this link: Contact Contact us | Xbox Support

    Scroll down and look to the bottom left side if you can see that the page corresponds to the country/region in which you are currently located.


    [​IMG]


    Otherwise, select the country/region you are showing and select the correct one from the lists.

    Be sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.

    Select the "Contact Us" button

    Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.

    The next window will provide support articles based on your request, and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "View contact options" button.

    In the final window, you will be presented with several options. We suggest selecting the "Online Chat" or "Request a call" options to talk to someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.

    If you are unable to connect to support, use the Virtual Agent and type this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent."

    Troubleshooting that you can try in case you were unable to contact the team. Update your device and browser, use your browser's InPrivate window , or try a different device or browser, or connect to a different network.

    We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.



    We will be glad to follow up and help you.

    Sincerely,



    Moderator

    Microsoft Community
  5. SomaTGW Win User

    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

    I was gonna try contact support but I have no contact option for my issue..
  6. SomaTGW Win User

    Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

    I tried to use Xbox controller button remapper but I didn't have the energy to set it up, I may have a look at it again. Thank you for the response.
Thema:

Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button

Loading...
  1. Rebind Xbox Series X/S Controller Share button - Similar Threads - Rebind Series Controller

  2. Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X)

    in XboX Insiders
    Gears of war E day - "Vrr not detected" (Xbox Series X): In Gears of War: E-Day, the game itself says “VRR not detected.” My PS5, using the same HDMI cable, TV, and Xbox Series X (in the graphics settings), all say that VRR is enabled. I’ve tried...
  3. Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X Booted into Initial Setup after going to sleep.: I am in Preview Delta. Earlier today I had to leave a game unexpectedly and the console timed out and went to sleep as it should. When I turned it on just now, I got a surprisingly long boot...
  4. How safe are Insider builds on Series X?

    in XboX Insiders
    How safe are Insider builds on Series X?: Xbox has been killing it lately with new features and I'd kinda like to get in on the action a little earlier. They warn before downloading that the builds can be buggy but how impactful to the...
  5. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Elite Series 2 controller connectivity problem on Series X: The day before yesterday, I joined the insider program and I have had an elite series 2 xbox controller for the past 2 years and I never had a problem with it. Yesterday I was playing siege in My...
  7. Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried Nativra? Running Windows PC games natively on Xbox Series X: I came across this open-source project on GitHub called Nativra. It’s an experimental Xbox Dev Mode app that attempts to run Windows PC games directly on Xbox Series X|S, without streaming or...
  8. Xbox series X disc to digital issues

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X disc to digital issues: Howdy all! I have been an insider for about 10 years now and just found this subreddit today! I am trying to do the disc to digital and it’s not giving me the option. I am updated to latest and...
  9. Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to Digital Game Issue - Batman Telltale Series: I have reported the issue through the console, but I claimed a digital license to Batman The Telltale Series with the Season Pass Disc, and it gives me the season pass, but not each individual...
  10. Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s keeps kicking me off of my internet While playing: as title says, this is the only device that does it, ps5 switch, pc none lag ever, it’s just this xbox pos, i tried switching the dns in advanced but it just keeps logging out once every 1-2 hours...