: Really bad lag!

Discus and support : Really bad lag! in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; : Really bad lag! Ok so in the past 1-2 weeks my connection in games have dropped alot i used to never get any lag at all. I use sky and never had an... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Layton Murphy, Mar 6, 2021.

1. : Really bad lag!

Ok so in the past 1-2 weeks my connection in games have dropped alot i used to never get any lag at all. I use sky and never had an issue wirh it but recently any game i play im lagging to the point it dissconcets me i dont know if its my xbox but my settings and storage are fine so i dont know the problem, i need help

:)

Layton Murphy, Mar 6, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Really bad lag!

Hello there @Layton Murphy, I hope everything is going well!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support. I want you not to worry about the situation because I am here to help you out! I believe your console might need either a network reset or just a system refresh. I would like you to go through the following steps to clear the Mac address and then perform a quick power cycle on your console:

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.

Another thing you should check is your NAT type. I would like you to check your NAT type if open because that could sometimes interfere. to check for the NAT type you can follow the steps below:

Settings > Network Settings > NAT type => It should be open.

If the NAT type is not open, you will need to open some ports with your internet provider. These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work: Port 88 (UDP) Port 3074 (UDP and TCP) Port 53 (UDP and TCP) Port 80 (TCP) Port 500 (UDP) Port 3544 (UDP) Port 4500 (UDP).

In case the issue still persists after the previous steps have been performed here is the official link to all the network troubleshooting steps that can help sort this out for you.

The link: Troubleshoot your Xbox One network connection | Xbox Support

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  3. ncgfuelld Win User

Hackers already ???

Yeah this has to be Lag, only hacking you will see is on a Call of Duty game,the servers on this site are Iron Clad,when the lag was REALLY, REALLY bad, on Bad company 2 That scenario used to happen to me ALL the time.
  4. ChainSmokingBob Win User

Game lags really bad now

"You should try Dragon Age: Origins. You'll miss those 14 second load-times when your doing trial and error".

Or Dragon Age II on a hard difficulty in a stupid place with a class you're no good at. Plenty of trial and error there...
  5. apatch of grass Win User

Game lags really bad now

^ You should try Dragon Age: Origins. You'll miss those 14 second load-times when your doing trial and error...
  6. pass progress Win User

Game lags really bad now

i have had any problem. My saves are around 10 mb now and the most surprising is that i've had lag once and i only needed to load my last save to solve the problem. My Game froze 3 time(10th hour, 60th hour and one last time at 85th hour). By the way, i
    have around 800 saves.
Thema:

1. : Really bad lag! - Similar Threads - Really bad lag

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle

in XboX Insiders
    Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle: I'm pretty sure what the game pack (Bio Inc. Redemption + Crossroads Inn) isn't meant to be 2.099,99€. Is it bug for anybody else? submitted by /u/JamesWhiteWolf20 [link] [comments]
  4. I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help

in XboX Insiders
    I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help: None of my games or apps want to load, all they say after 2 minutes of attempting a load say “…taken too long to start”. i thought this might of been an xbox (old gen) problem, until i plugged my...
  5. Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me

in XboX Insiders
    Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me: Should add red dead redemption 2 to the game pass again’ just saying submitted by /u/Weekly_Way6004 [link] [comments]
  6. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  7. How do I REALLY fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I REALLY fix this: So I bought my Xbox refurbished at game world, which was fine. About 2 yrs. down the road I started getting this message saying that there was a problem with my saved games... only thing I've been...
  8. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  9. First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know...: First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know before I make a purchase would like to buy a game. It’s kind of obscure of orcs and men. I live in the states....
  10. Suddenly getting really bad lag on my Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suddenly getting really bad lag on my Xbox One X: I've always had really good connection with my Xbox One X since I have a wired ethernet connection, but the other day I randomly got booted off of a game and my Xbox hasn't been functioning the...