!! REALLY, 360 better 720p or 1080p??

Discus and support !! REALLY, 360 better 720p or 1080p?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I got so many different answers and don't know which to take... I want best graphic, so 720p or 1080p? 1. 1080p graphic lag problem: dose it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SniffableLine08, Jul 5, 2014.

1. !! REALLY, 360 better 720p or 1080p??

Hello! I got so many different answers and don't know which to take... I want best graphic, so 720p or 1080p?

1. 1080p graphic lag problem: dose it exist? how bad?

2. graphic difference: resolution's different of course, how about other details, light, texture, ect... some say the same some say not, so... (take some games for example?)

3. game native resolution: !! how can I find games' native resolution anyhow? 360 native is 720 right? up till now, what games totally are native above 720??!!

i need this, but over search online, i can't find a clear answer, so... yah, Thank u everyone!

Thank u everyone!

:)

SniffableLine08, Jul 5, 2014
  2. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    30 fps vs 60 fps

Obviously 60fps is better. If Xbox 360 can play games natively at 720p aka Halo 4 is natively 720p on Xbox 360, Xbox 1 should be able to play games at 1080p 30 or 60fps, or 720p @ 60fps.

smileskybird, Jul 5, 2014
  3. Elven Quest
    Elven Quest Guest
    Cod ghosts ?

It will be better graphics than 360. Like the other user said, 360 version is most likely less than 720p (possibly 600p or something) upscaled to 720p. Xbox One is 720p, upscaled to 1080p. That means better resolution. But other than that, it will most likely
    include other better graphical components. It will most likely have better anti aliasing, lighting, effects, textures...the whole nine yards.

Remember, the only reason they're keeping it natve 720p is to add in all those aforementioned, more important graphical components that really count towards making the game look better.

Also, let's not forget X1 has an awesome upscaler. It'll look very similar to native 1080p, I'm sure. Just look at B4.

Elven Quest, Jul 5, 2014
  4. Zacabeb
    Zacabeb Guest

Well,

1. The output scaling in the Xbox 360 is done on-the-fly, and as far as I know it does not cause any substantial lag.

2. Most games render natively for an output buffer with a resolution of 1280x720. There are variations however, with many games having been rendered at various custom resolutions for memory and performance reasons. They may not map directly to a standardized
    output resolution. Examples of odd resolutions include early games such as Ridge Racer 6 (1440x810) and Project Gotham Racing 3 (1024x600), later games such as Halo 3 (1152x640), and some Xbox Live Arcade conversions of classic games such as Sonic Adventure
    and Crazy Taxi (both at 888x666).

In some cases the rendering resolution is scaled in software to 1280x720 for overlay of HUD and frontend graphics, in some cases the original resolution is kept as-is. The result is then scaled to whatever the output is set to. Lighting, shading, and textures
    are unaffected.

Games can however handle multiple output resolutions seperately and render in a resolution which matches the output. This was used in early games for rendering standard definition output at 640x480 or 853x480. The Xbox 360 Guide is also rendered at 853x480
    regardless of output resolution.

3. There has only been a handful of retail titles for the Xbox 360 that render natively to 1920x1080. Some Xbox Live Arcade games do, especially conversions of classic 2D games where the original low resolution such as 320x224 is mapped into a 1920x1080
    buffer to retain edge sharpness.

Some conversions of classic 3D games do run in 1920x1080 though, such as Daytona USA, OutRun Online Arcade (also supports 640x480 and 1024x768 natively), Banjo-Kazooie, and Banjo-Tooie. A few original Xbox Live Arcade games also render to 1920x1080, such
    as Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (but not Episode 2).

Zacabeb, Jul 6, 2014
  5. Thanx Zacabeb, u helped a lot. but now the most important question is:

!! how can I find games' native resolution anyhow?

!! what games are more than 720 (including not-yet-1080)? not XBLA, not 2D. i mean 3D games published by discs, like Ridge Racer 6, right?...... i heard that there're just a few, but i need to know the total list, it's important to me.

----thanx for help, greatful... all hail 360!

SniffableLine08, Jul 6, 2014
  6. Zacabeb
    Zacabeb Guest
    A partial list can be found at Beyond3D's forums (the Xbox 360 list is two posts down):

forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php

Beside developers giving away their approach in post-mortem articles on Gamasutra and such, most of the work in figuring out the source resolution comes down to ladder counts to figure out how many visible source pixels are spread out across so many output
    pixels. This can be rather difficult, especially in games that use multiple forms of anti-aliasing or lack hard edges to be used for reference.

So Beyond3D's list is probably the closest there is to a complete one, assuming that it's also correct.

Zacabeb, Jul 7, 2014
  7. thank u. i heard when higher-than-720 games are announced, there is always big news saying resolution's 1080 or 768... i saw the web and it's far not complete. i don't know if there's a complete list of higher-than-720 disc games...?

SniffableLine08, Jul 7, 2014
  8. !! REALLY, 360 better 720p or 1080p??

oh~ i just solve the question, thanks!

SniffableLine08, Oct 31, 2018
  9. SniffableLine08 Win User

oh~ i just solve the question, thanks!
  10. SniffableLine08 Win User

thank u. i heard when higher-than-720 games are announced, there is always big news saying resolution's 1080 or 768... i saw the web and it's far not complete. i don't know if there's a complete list of higher-than-720 disc games...?
  11. Zacabeb Win User

A partial list can be found at Beyond3D's forums (the Xbox 360 list is two posts down):

forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php

Beside developers giving away their approach in post-mortem articles on Gamasutra and such, most of the work in figuring out the source resolution comes down to ladder counts to figure out how many visible source pixels are spread out across so many output
    pixels. This can be rather difficult, especially in games that use multiple forms of anti-aliasing or lack hard edges to be used for reference.

So Beyond3D's list is probably the closest there is to a complete one, assuming that it's also correct.
  12. Zacabeb Win User

Well,

1. The output scaling in the Xbox 360 is done on-the-fly, and as far as I know it does not cause any substantial lag.

2. Most games render natively for an output buffer with a resolution of 1280x720. There are variations however, with many games having been rendered at various custom resolutions for memory and performance reasons. They may not map directly to a standardized
    output resolution. Examples of odd resolutions include early games such as Ridge Racer 6 (1440x810) and Project Gotham Racing 3 (1024x600), later games such as Halo 3 (1152x640), and some Xbox Live Arcade conversions of classic games such as Sonic Adventure
    and Crazy Taxi (both at 888x666).

In some cases the rendering resolution is scaled in software to 1280x720 for overlay of HUD and frontend graphics, in some cases the original resolution is kept as-is. The result is then scaled to whatever the output is set to. Lighting, shading, and textures
    are unaffected.

Games can however handle multiple output resolutions seperately and render in a resolution which matches the output. This was used in early games for rendering standard definition output at 640x480 or 853x480. The Xbox 360 Guide is also rendered at 853x480
    regardless of output resolution.

3. There has only been a handful of retail titles for the Xbox 360 that render natively to 1920x1080. Some Xbox Live Arcade games do, especially conversions of classic 2D games where the original low resolution such as 320x224 is mapped into a 1920x1080
    buffer to retain edge sharpness.

Some conversions of classic 3D games do run in 1920x1080 though, such as Daytona USA, OutRun Online Arcade (also supports 640x480 and 1024x768 natively), Banjo-Kazooie, and Banjo-Tooie. A few original Xbox Live Arcade games also render to 1920x1080, such
    as Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 (but not Episode 2).
  13. SniffableLine08 Win User

Thanx Zacabeb, u helped a lot. but now the most important question is:

!! how can I find games' native resolution anyhow?

!! what games are more than 720 (including not-yet-1080)? not XBLA, not 2D. i mean 3D games published by discs, like Ridge Racer 6, right?...... i heard that there're just a few, but i need to know the total list, it's important to me.

----thanx for help, greatful... all hail 360!
Thema:

1. !! REALLY, 360 better 720p or 1080p?? - Similar Threads - REALLY 360 better

2. How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix high latency when everything else is really good and running well when the...: My xbox has been having connection issues for a while now and I have tried a lot of stuff to fix it and it isn't wifi cause my connection for upload speed and everything else is really good but...
  3. Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle

in XboX Insiders
    Is this really worth the price? Doctors and Bartenders Bundle: I'm pretty sure what the game pack (Bio Inc. Redemption + Crossroads Inn) isn't meant to be 2.099,99€. Is it bug for anybody else? submitted by /u/JamesWhiteWolf20 [link] [comments]
  4. I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help

in XboX Insiders
    I really don’t know what the issue is, pls help: None of my games or apps want to load, all they say after 2 minutes of attempting a load say “…taken too long to start”. i thought this might of been an xbox (old gen) problem, until i plugged my...
  5. Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me

in XboX Insiders
    Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me: Should add red dead redemption 2 to the game pass again’ just saying submitted by /u/Weekly_Way6004 [link] [comments]
  6. My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine

in XboX Insiders
    My audio keeps on either stuttering really bad or sounding fine: I bought a new headset and controller to try to tackle this issue and the controller definitely did reduce the occurrence yet it still happens where my audio keeps on stuttering really badly at...
  7. How do I REALLY fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I REALLY fix this: So I bought my Xbox refurbished at game world, which was fine. About 2 yrs. down the road I started getting this message saying that there was a problem with my saved games... only thing I've been...
  8. My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft/microsoft account got hacked and Im really confused and lost.: Im gonna try to be as in-depth as possible to make this as least confusing as I can. I woke up today and opened up lunar client and noticed i was logged out, so i clicked on login and it asks me...
  9. First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know...: First time I’ve used the community to ask a question, but I would really like to know before I make a purchase would like to buy a game. It’s kind of obscure of orcs and men. I live in the states....
  10. How can I get access to really old xbox 360 account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I get access to really old xbox 360 account?: About a decade ago when I bought my first xbox 360 I made 2 accounts. I have them bookmarked after I finally found them in the social menu in my new xbox account. Im sure i deleted the old emails...