Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

Discus and support Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tropical_botanical, Mar 18, 2024.

  1. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.


    I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue is that at the end of a work day I am absolutely mentally exhausted and decision fatigue is a real concept. I am curious how testers who work a mentally exhausting 9-5 would rate games as compared to non-mentally exhausted fields, and those who are paid to test games.

    TBH the last thing I want after a mentally exhausting day is to go on a useless fetch quest in a sandbox platform that requires multiple decisions that may impact the end of the game depending on what decisions I make.

    Let’s be real, forking out cash for a $70 game or a subscription for a game that makes you mentally exhausted just plain sucks.

    I would like a game designed for mentally exhausted people. I want it to have a compelling closed narrative story. I want a game to be entertaining. I want to find a rare armor or weapon that has high stats that makes game changing difference for the odd end fetch quest if any. I want long cut scenes! I want to just play around with cheat codes and exploits (if you want to play it without them don’t use exploits or cheat codes). I want Easter eggs and rare drops. I want a fun gaming culture. I want a compelling story without massively complicated decision making matrix. I would absolutely love a linear story line with cut scenes that just tell me a story.

    Games done right example based on mental exhaustion preference: Halo Master Chief Collection FF13 Nier Guardians of the Galaxy Fable series (minus connect version) Assassins Creed (Valhalla got a little to sand box but the DLC was fun) TBH the Ezio collection was gold and it got complicated after black flag. Doom Starwars the last Jedi collection The Witcher

    Games that had too many sand box side quests and non-meaningful fluff: Almost anything Bestetha touched except doom Most recent Halo Rage 2 Almost all of the EA games except starwars the last Jedi collection.

    submitted by /u/Tropical_botanical
    [link] [comments]
     
    /u/Tropical_botanical, Mar 18, 2024
    #1
  2. OriginalEyeball Win User

    wheres the recoil?

    Er....It's not real life?Video games can never be realistic.
  3. gameshoes3003 Win User

    MW3 topic: why take out guns?

    [quote user="orion796"]
    balanced? how do you make that one out..have you not seen the videos...if the weapons were more realistic it wouldnt seem so bad.

    [/quote] Ah, the realism argument. It doesn't work in video games. "Realistic" weapons would either break the game or make the game impossible to play.
  4. PrimoFuSion Win User

    Heard the most hilairious comment today......

    Battlefield is by far more 'realistic' than CoD. But saying BF is realistic these days is a bit far fetched. Like someone said, they are video games, not real life.

    If you want something realistic, sign up for the army.
  5. Encerspay45 Win User

    How much is too much?

    I believe that gaming is a way to keep your life varied and fun, but is to be balanced with productivity and work as well. When this balance is tipped too far into either direction, that is not a good thing.
  6. Zehq Win User

    :o at Frag Rounds as a whole...

    It's a game, it's not supposed to be realistic. :p

    But yeah, balance, but even with Bolt action, chest shots are 2 shot kills.
Thema:

Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

Loading...
  1. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance. - Similar Threads - Realistic Gaming Content

  2. Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...

    in XboX Insiders
    Hey why do some of my games and apps on my dashboard dim when I scroll over them. Not the...: When I go to select an app some dim and some don't. They all work nothings updating but some dim and I don't know why? submitted by /u/KalElKent821 [link] [comments]
  3. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  4. October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    October 1, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.8.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: October 1, 2026 -...
  5. Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.

    in XboX Insiders
    Getting a 0x87e10bef error on all newly installed games while in Beta ring.: Had this happen with Toro2, Captain Tsuba II and Axis football. No issues on my other console that is not in the preview program. submitted by /u/WholePride2987 [link] [comments]
  6. September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...

    in XboX Insiders
    September 29, 2026 - PC Gaming Preview - XBOX PC App [2610.1001.5.0] & Game Bar for Windows...: Hey XBOX Insiders! A new version of the XBOX PC App on Windows has been released for users enrolled in the PC Gaming Preview. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: September 29,...
  7. Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable

    in XboX Insiders
    Renewed gamepass and all xbox 360 games i own and got with gamepass are unplayable: Anyone who can help please do so. I own around 260 360 games and theres 12 360 games from gamepass. I get the error code 0x87e10bef. I troubleshooted and shutdown the console, i uninstalled and...
  8. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  9. My games filling with games I don't have access too

    in XboX Insiders
    My games filling with games I don't have access too: My "my games" list is filling with games the console thinks are available but I don't have the game pass tier or don't even own them. They aren't installed yet it gives me the option to uninstall...
  10. Why can't I download the flight events client so I can make my MSFS experience more realistic?

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download the flight events client so I can make my MSFS experience more realistic?: When I go on https://events.flighttracker.tech I cant download the MSFS toolbar or FE client for MSFS but i just also want to add different aircraft aswell, please let me....