RE5 online keeps crashing on my friends Series s

Discus and support RE5 online keeps crashing on my friends Series s in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, today a friend and i planned to start the campaign of RE5, while i didnt had any problems to join a coop session with random players, my friend... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaincoatCultist, Feb 6, 2023.

1. RE5 online keeps crashing on my friends Series s

Hi,

today a friend and i planned to start the campaign of RE5, while i didnt had any problems to join a coop session with random players, my friend wasnt able to join or invite me to a game, directly after turning the option to join on,he told me that his game immediately crashes back to dashboard.

I searched the web and saw that multiple players on series s had those problems and there wasnt any patch or solution till now..

Did i miss something, is there any way my friend on series s can play RE5 online coop ? RE5 online keeps crashing on my friends Series s :(

(On series x i didnt had any problems ...)

:)

RaincoatCultist, Feb 6, 2023
  2. Onyx Is Here Win User

There's not been anything posted but once your friend contacts we can get him some help
  3. Onyx Is Here Win User

Hello RaincoatCultist, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your friends connection.

If he's having trouble with their game crashing or connecting properly then their best bet would be to contact support for more help themselves so we can get the full picture from their end.
  4. RaincoatCultist Win User

5. Aiden Leverton Win User

On gta 5 online can someone on xbox series s play with someone on series x

So if I'm playing on an xbox series x and my friends on a xbox series s I can not play gta 5 online with them
  6. Lost Remnant-8749676 Win User

Resident evil 6 online not working

I am having this issue as well but with Resident Evil 5 (haven't bought RE6) and it's incredibly annoying. I bought it on the Capcom sale and no matter what I cannot create an online game without it crashing. I've power cycled, uninstalled and reinstalled,
    removed my save data from everywhere to start fresh and it still crashes. My NAT is set to open as well. I can join my friend who invites me to his game but it also seems to intermittently crash as well meaning no matter what I do RE5 crashing is something
    I really can't get around unless I play offline.

Another interesting wrinkle to all this is that Resident Evil: Revelations 2 crashes for me now too when I try to create a raid game. My copy of RE5 is digital and my copy of Rev 2 is a disc so it seems to make little difference.

The thing is the last time I played the game, I got online in raid mode just fine. At that time I had a near launch unit Xbox One and I'm currently playing an Xbox One S 2TB that I bought on launch. Other then my woes with RE5 and Rev 2 my games run fine.
    I've even created lobbies and matches in other games like Zombie Army, How to Survive, Van Helsing etc and nothing bad happens. I mean I've been playing RE0 HD the past week with no issues whatsoever, the games seem perfectly fine unless they have any online
    capability.

I was deeply concerned that for whatever reason Capcom games just seem to hate my new Xbox but after reading this topic and the previous one, I have my doubts about it being our consoles. Something is wrong on either Capcom or MS end or both and how they
    are interacting with each other. I'm tempting to dig out my xbox 360 copy of RE5 and see if I get any crash issues when I try to create a game on it, meaning M3TAL's guess that it could be our profiles could be right on the money. I'll see about doing that
    in the next couple of days and see what happens.

I've also contacted Capcom support but they haven't gotten back to me, but it's only been about ten hours since I made contact with them. I haven't hit Microsoft support yet since I really can't see what can be done to fix this with the standard steps. This
    is incredibly frustrating, I was looking forward to playing RE5 in co-op with my friend and it seems to be a wall I can't get around.

It makes me super weary of that Dead Rising Triple Pack coming out in a month, knowing that Dead Rising 2 and Off the Record could possibly not work for Xbox owners because "reasons."
Thema:

1. RE5 online keeps crashing on my friends Series s - Similar Threads - RE5 online keeps

2. I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can see if all of my friends are online, but no one else can confirm that: I have a couple of gaming friends who often see me offline, but I'm actually online at the time, what's going on? 932edb5c-bb3e-4591-8c44-3c490fbf86e0
  3. Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not connect to games online, I can hotspot the xbox of my phone but will not play...: My xbox will not connect to my bt hub, I have taken it to another house and it works perfectly fine, any ideas 89af7179-0080-40a8-933b-6b13cc75ba39
  4. Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I upload an RE5 saved game from the 360 to play on the One or Series X?: I have a saved RE5 game on ICloud from the 360. Can I use that saved game on the Xbox One/Series X? I really don't want to restart that game over again. I have the game loaded on the One and...
  5. Is there a way to stop RE5 from crashing?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to stop RE5 from crashing?: Every time I try to host a co-op game in RE5 to play with my friend the game crashes with every attempt. I’ve tried uninstalling it two different times and installed it on two different storages...
  6. Why can't I use the Winter's Pack for RE5?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I use the Winter's Pack for RE5?: So I got the Resident Evil Village Gold Edition with all the extra stuff yesterday and fired it up. RE:Verse is working just fine along with the main game, but the other stuff doesn't show up. I...
  7. RE5 save data question

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RE5 save data question: Hi, I have RE5 on the 360 and been looking at getting it on the Xbox One, my question is, is it possible to import my 360 save data to the One version like I was able to on State of Decay?...
  8. Xbox One RE5 eligible for FrankenRewards ?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox One RE5 eligible for FrankenRewards ?: Hi Support, is the Resident Evil 5 remastered version for Xbox One an eligible content for the Frankenrewards mission? The game is in the list, but since it doesn't explicitly say "Remastered"...
  9. RE5 continuation or a remake in a different area

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RE5 continuation or a remake in a different area: First, loved this game. Yes i know there wasn't many puzzles and the jeep ride was pretty lame. The partner annoyed the hell out of you during some parts. It was so much fun and the replay...
  10. Redownload RE5 content?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redownload RE5 content?: A few years ago when RE6 came out, there was a preorder bonus that gave you RE5 with the RE5 gold content on a download card. My friend who bought RE6 already had all of that so he gave me the...