RDR2 disc 1 installation constantly stopping

Discus and support RDR2 disc 1 installation constantly stopping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so my RDR2 game on xbox one suddenly decided to install a 20GB update even though the latest game update was in July, and I accidentally completely... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Adabchi, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Adabchi
    Adabchi Guest

Hi, so my RDR2 game on xbox one suddenly decided to install a 20GB update even though the latest game update was in July, and I accidentally completely uninstalled the game from my xbox by cancelling the update. I'm trying to install the game again and it worked perfectly fine when Disc 2 was needed and it got up to 48% downloaded but then it requested that I put in Disc 1. Upon putting in the disc I would soon get a notification saying that the installation has stopped, resuming the installation doesn't help as it just stops again after a minute or so and the download progress doesn't go up at all. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

:)

Adabchi, Sep 10, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi You can try the following:

• Try installing the game in 'offline mode'. This will stop the game from installing updates during the install and simply install the data from the disc. You will then need to complete an update while online.
    • Download the Xbox App on your phone or tablet and link the app to your Xbox. Via the Xbox App you can download any Xbox game direct to the console (you can even download games you don't own digitally). Once the download has completed, simply insert your game disc to start the game.
    • If neither of the above options work, you should attempt to reset the console, while keeping your current games and apps. This guide explains how to do this.
  3. Raven Fausel Win User

RDR2 Disc not installing

It is happening to my Red Dead Redemption 2 disc and one of my Tom Clancy games. I got them both from a sibling.
  4. Dericka Win User

RDR2 Disc not installing

Oh, I see. Can you please try to install them while the console is not connected to the Internet?
  5. Dericka Win User

RDR2 Disc not installing

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. May I know is it happening to all of your game discs or just in a certain game?
  6. MaximumExtreme Win User

Games downloaded to the Xbox 360 hard drive through the game disc.

Even though you install the game from the disc on your hard drive the xbox still needs to confirm that you own that game.

When a disc gets scratched it matters how many scratches are on the disc and how deep those scratches are. The laser still needs to read the disc and if it can't read the data through the scratches then it will cause an error.

The point of installing from a disc is so that the game will load a bit faster. This also prevents less wear and tear on the drive because it's not constantly spinning. The drive will read the disc when you first put the game in to make sure you own it and
    it will read all of the data so it's not constantly spinning. After it reads the disc it will stop and won't have to keep constantly reading the game.

If the game is not working for you try deleting it then re-installing it again. Hopefully it will work for you.
Thema:

1. RDR2 disc 1 installation constantly stopping - Similar Threads - RDR2 disc installation

2. Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me

in XboX Insiders
    Should really add rdr2 idk its sound like a good idea to me: Should add red dead redemption 2 to the game pass again’ just saying submitted by /u/Weekly_Way6004 [link] [comments]
  3. Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost saved game data - RDR2 (Xbox One Series S): During Summer holidays here down in Australia I decided I'd get back to playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I'd already completed the story once. Around a year ago I decided I'd try and do all the...
  4. RDR2 Disc download..............

in XboX Insiders
    RDR2 Disc download..............: HELP...I came home and decided to download RDR2.I put in disc 2 not reading the instructions.It was at 21% when I noticed I have disc 1 and not disc 2 out....What do I do and will this mess with...
  5. Why cant I play rdr2 online when I alr have the disc and I've played it before I UAVE TO...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play rdr2 online when I alr have the disc and I've played it before I UAVE TO...: I've played rdr2 online before and now I can't bc all a sudden I need gamepass please just help I have the disc and it should allow me access to online for free when it has in the past so why the...
  6. RDR2 Disc not installing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    RDR2 Disc not installing: I have a RDR2 disc that has never been installed on my Xbox but I got it from someone else. It keep’s stopping the installation and I don’t don’t know how to download it online. I’ve tried clean...
  7. Why won’t my rdr2 disc download on xbox series x?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t my rdr2 disc download on xbox series x?: I’ve just gotten a series X and are downloading my disc games from my xbox one and they have all worked but when I go to download rdr2 the discs aren’t recognised by my series X. When I put the...
  8. I have rdr2 on a disc I want to buy the game on the Xbox store which game do I buy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have rdr2 on a disc I want to buy the game on the Xbox store which game do I buy: I have rdr2 on a disc I want to buy the game at the Xbox store which one do I buy to replace it b92e1f96-228e-4501-95f6-f620116f0ba9
  9. Can I still play with the save from the disc if I purchase the digital version of RDR2?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still play with the save from the disc if I purchase the digital version of RDR2?: I have the disc version of RDR2. if I buy it from the store I will be able to play with my account without the disc fc97de8e-88ae-47c1-9e66-7d79bb81395d
  10. Walmart dosnt want to refund me a bad disc of rdr2 i need help :(

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Walmart dosnt want to refund me a bad disc of rdr2 i need help :(: I buy red dead redemption 2 92$ for a physic copie and walmart dosnt want to refund me because the box was open so i cannot play it even if i tried ton install the digital version of my friend...