Razer Mic Issues on Xbox Comapanion

Discus and support Razer Mic Issues on Xbox Comapanion in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a Razer Kraken headset that I use with the xbox companion app on my PC. My mic works fine with Discord and in-game chat features but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Thirty6Charm, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Thirty6Charm
    Thirty6Charm Guest

Greetings,

I have a Razer Kraken headset that I use with the xbox companion app on my PC. My mic works fine with Discord and in-game chat features but when I'm in a party on the Xbox Companion App, I sound robotic/modulated. Any suggestion or lead would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

:)

Thirty6Charm, Oct 12, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, that's nice to hear!
    Glad to know that everything's working as expected again mate

Take care and happy gaming
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this THIRTY6CHARM

Can you try and double check the next?

Have you tried adjusting your Date & Time settings? I know that sounds a bit odd, but this may fix your issue.
    Right click the time and the date at the bottom right corner of your screen
    Select "Adjust date and time"
    Switch "Set time automatically" to on
    Switch "Set time zone automatically" to on
    Hit the "Sync now" button next to "Sync now"

Have you tried "Format" for your Microphone in the sound settings for your input device?

- Go to your Settings
    - Navigate to Bluetooth & devices
    - Select Devices
    - Scroll down to Related settings and select Sound
    - Select your audio input device under Input.

In the next menu, you should see Format under Input settings. Select an audio format that's no higher than 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)
    Try joining a party in the Game Bar or the Xbox app to verify whether or not the changes solved the issue. If that doesn't work, try adjusting the audio format by repeating the steps above to verify if any other format works.

-------

If that doesn't work, try this instead:

Open Xbox Game Bar > Go to Audio widget > Select the Voice
    Change Windows default input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Change Default communications input and output to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Scroll down to More Settings > Xbox Party Chat
    Change Audio output and input to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.

Verify that push to talk is not enabled

Finally open the Xbox app

Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    Select Settings > Audio
    Set your default Input device and output device to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that push to talk is not enabled again

Please also double check if you have audio enhancements enabled, if yes disable it.

You can follow this quick tutorial:

https://www.intowindows.com/turn-on-or-off-audi...

** This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  4. Thirty6Charm Win User

Josef,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my issue. It was the format. It was under CD quality and I upped it to DVD quality and that fixed the issue.

Thank you
  5. Mister Beep Win User

Razer kraken pro non funzionanti perchè?

Hey there StraitNoiize!

Sorry to hear about the mic issues! Unfortunately the Razer Kraken Pro's mic is not compatible with the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, which is why you are experiencing this issue. You also can visit our Xbox Feedback page
    if you would like to submit feedback about future Xbox One accessories! :)
  6. OnassisVan Hansen Win User

Control game on Xbox one s quits during game play. Why?

Thanks so much! As for the mic issue, one was my razer wireless headset which works great except for the mic, and because of that I bought brand new xbox wired headset and still no mic. Weird cause it says mic is on, but I can't hear my voice, no one else
    can, and my recordings don't have my voice either. Was going to buy a third headset but I wonder if it's the xbox itself. thanks anyhow
Thema:

1. Razer Mic Issues on Xbox Comapanion - Similar Threads - Razer Mic Issues

2. Xbox One S or next gen - Razer Leviathan V2 soundbar

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S or next gen - Razer Leviathan V2 soundbar: I recently purchased the Razer Leviathan V2 soundbar unknowing that it only has a type C port. What I am wondering is can a docking station where the Xbox connects with an audio optical to type C...
  3. Razer thresher ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer thresher ultimate: Hey So i just got a used razer tresher ultimate. I connected it to my xbox but i Dont have Sound. The mic still works and i can hear myself via the mic monitoring or whatever. Any help?...
  4. Razer Naga button usage on the Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Naga button usage on the Xbox?: Hi all, Is there a way to get the side buttons on the Razer Naga v2 Wireless to work on the Xbox Series X while playing a game? As of now, the only buttons that work are the left and right-click,...
  5. Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Razer Xbox Headset, Party audio issues: I have the Razer Kaira for Xbox | RZ04-034 and a reoccurring issue I have when joining a Party Chat for me is I am unable to hear anyone in the party and no one can hear me. The audio from my game...
  6. My new razer naga x’s thumb buttons aren’t working with the keyboard and mouse compatible...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new razer naga x’s thumb buttons aren’t working with the keyboard and mouse compatible...: My new razer naga x’s thumb buttons aren’t working with the keyboard and mouse compatible games. they don’t bind as if they weren’t there. can this be fixed/helped?...
  7. Razer Atrox connecting to Win10, but Game Pass won't recognize it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Atrox connecting to Win10, but Game Pass won't recognize it: Razer Atrox being recognized by Windows and shows as Xbox Gaming Device in device manager. Was working with no issues for years up through the other day, can navigate menus outside the game app...
  8. When I plug my Xbox razer controller in the other usb ports won’t work simultaneously.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I plug my Xbox razer controller in the other usb ports won’t work simultaneously.: If I have my external HD plugged into the same port, the controller won’t connect from any other 2 ports that’s unused. The hard drive also won’t show up even if it’s the only thing plugged in....
  9. I have a xbox windows 10 wireless adapter and the Razer Thresher headset the mic is not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a xbox windows 10 wireless adapter and the Razer Thresher headset the mic is not working: I have the Wireless adapter for windows and my Razer Thresher headset connects and the audio works but the mic will not work at all I need help 4d463af0-b3dc-4ff0-a0ab-0956cee35dfd
  10. Razer Carcharias Mic Volume Really Low?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Carcharias Mic Volume Really Low?: Hey, first off I'd like to apologize if this is in the wrong section; first time posting. I bought a pair of Razer Carcharias off Ebay and when I use them on my computer (skype more specifically)...