Randomness of card deals

Discus and support Randomness of card deals in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When I was playing one of the daily challenges in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, I got a Free Cell game on expert level. I've had to go through... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Catzenjammer, Jan 15, 2018.

  1. Catzenjammer
    Catzenjammer Guest

    Randomness of card deals


    When I was playing one of the daily challenges in the Microsoft Solitaire Collection, I got a Free Cell game on expert level. I've had to go through the game several times to try to solve it. I've notice that every time I've restarted the game, I get the
    same card configuration. As I play the game, I'm getting the same card sequences. Since then, I've noticed the same thing on the other games. My question is: do these games not have a random number generator to provide random card deals? If so, it's not
    very random.

    :)
     
    Catzenjammer, Jan 15, 2018
    #1
  2. jorax
    jorax Guest
    Some advice for those new to Magic.

    "Like any card game, you are at the mercy of a random deal and random draws."



    Right, but having fewer cards means statistcally less randomness. If you have one copy of your best card, 1 out of 60 is a higher percentage of drawing it that 1 out of (anything larger than 60). As a former tournament player, this really is good advice.
    That is not to say playing with more than 60 is "wrong" - it is just not the mathematically best way to insure you are drawing the best possible cards each turn.
     
    jorax, Jan 15, 2018
    #2
  3. JosephP1980
    JosephP1980 Guest
    Im calling bs on that

    I can see how some people might be annoyed by the random factor. Personally, I like it...It takes me back to the days of collectable card games and the randomness of the packs. Randomness of card deals :)
     
    JosephP1980, Jan 15, 2018
    #3
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

    Randomness of card deals

    Not on the daily challenges. The challenges for that game are the same for everyone and do not change if you restart.
     
    Smwutches, Jan 15, 2018
    #4
  5. Smwutches Win User

    Randomness of card deals

    Not on the daily challenges. The challenges for that game are the same for everyone and do not change if you restart.
  6. WithyPanda2 Win User

    Pyramid Daily Challenge for 18 May 2013

    I'm probably going to sound really stupid here - but is there a logic to the sequence of cards in each subsequent deal. I thought it was just random. How does how you play affect the order the cards come out in the next deal?
  7. jorax Win User

    Some advice for those new to Magic.

    "Like any card game, you are at the mercy of a random deal and random draws."



    Right, but having fewer cards means statistcally less randomness. If you have one copy of your best card, 1 out of 60 is a higher percentage of drawing it that 1 out of (anything larger than 60). As a former tournament player, this really is good advice.
    That is not to say playing with more than 60 is "wrong" - it is just not the mathematically best way to insure you are drawing the best possible cards each turn.
  8. Landrew3232 Win User

    Found an Unsolvable "Solvable" Grandmaster Klondike Game

    Hi,

    What number is this game? I am on GrandMaster level 229 with three card deal. I am curious

    that there would be a problem with the software. On random deals I achieve 64% solvable using

    the back button and unlimited deals. My father and I both being interested in math thought 64%

    was unachievable ha. I no longer have the memory to use paper cards ha.
  9. Mistress Sara Win User

    $2 for 2 Months

    The deals pop up at random times. I know Amazon and some other retailers recently had some specials for 12-month Live cards. You have to keep any eye out for them. You also have to realize deals change so you many not see the same deal you've gotten before.
Thema:

Randomness of card deals

Loading...
  1. Randomness of card deals - Similar Threads - Randomness card deals

  2. Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s disconnecting from xbox live randomly: Wired or wireless doesn't matter, console disconnects for a couple seconds then reconnect and is fine for a few hours I've tried everything, changing what port im on clearing mac address,...
  3. Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab

    in XboX Insiders
    Got an update today in Delta, a bunch of random games are now on my Games tab: Not sure why this happened but when I go to my games and apps now there are my usual installed games, plus a bunch of games I've played but don't have installed taking up space. I can press...
  4. X Box series X randomly started not working

    in XboX Insiders
    X Box series X randomly started not working: No matter what controller it will not allow me to go down or select other things. Every time it just jumps back up to the top and will not let me delete games or just start anything. Have tried...
  5. My Xbox randomly resets it’s self when I’m playing games and listening to Spotify please...

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox randomly resets it’s self when I’m playing games and listening to Spotify please...: help submitted by /u/Chips12345678910 [link] [comments]
  6. Controllers randomly disconnecting

    in XboX Insiders
    Controllers randomly disconnecting: No matter what controller I try to play with it disconnects and then reconnects every minute or so. I am playing on an Xbox series x and wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem?...
  7. PC - Game Bar party chat is super laggy and unresponsive. Random disconnects. Any...

    in XboX Insiders
    PC - Game Bar party chat is super laggy and unresponsive. Random disconnects. Any...: As the title says. When I am invited to a party, it will take about 2 or more minutes for it to actually load the party window, then another minute to show anyone's names in the party. When I...
  8. Series X does not detect Seagate 1TB storage expansion card randomly overnight. I have...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X does not detect Seagate 1TB storage expansion card randomly overnight. I have...: I was using my Xbox perfectly fine last night, woke up today and completely randomly all of my games on my storage expansion card were not showing up. The device does not show up in storage...
  9. Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?

    in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?: Around a month ago, I put a different Micro SD card in my computers adapter than usual, and it was write protected, I didn't think much of it and just put my regular one back in, but that one was...
  10. Random credit card charge

    in XBoX Accessibility
    Random credit card charge: Hi there, My credit card is getting charged buy checking my account, I haven't had any billing activity since 2015. Help!!! Can't find a support channel to speak to anyone... Many thanks...