Randomly turning on

Discus and support Randomly turning on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Does anyone else experience there Xbox turning on randomly? Mine has done this a few time while I was sleeping. I know that it wasn't user error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gwood trucker89, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Randomly turning on

Does anyone else experience there Xbox turning on randomly? Mine has done this a few time while I was sleeping. I know that it wasn't user error because nobody was touching anything Xbox related when it happened. It's been doing this about once a week for
    the last three months or so.

:)

Gwood trucker89, Oct 14, 2017
  2. Turning on randomly

My 360 slim has been working fine for over a year now and all of a sudden overnight it just decides to turn on. It keeps turning itself on until I unplug it. My power brick seems to be fine, being as how it is orange when off and green when on. However
    the most difficult part of this is that if I let it boot up and run it acts as though there is another controller. Then it's as if the "ghost" controller is mashing the home button and holding it down, to the point where the xbox is unplayable. It's not as
    though the "ghost controller does it randomly, I mean it's as if someone is just mashing it then holding then mashing again and it does this until I shut the system off and unplug it.

Nighthawk6595, Oct 14, 2017
  3. XanderBash
    XanderBash Guest
    Turning on randomly

So, you do not have any other controller that you know of? When you go to bed take the batteries out of all of your controllers. If this does not work that night, try taking the batteries out of every remote in your house that you can think of. If this still
    does not work, it might be your Xbox that is malfunctioning. It is vary unlikely that someone else is using a controller and messing with yours because you have to sinc them to the Xbox.

Does this solve your problem? Yes | No

XanderBash, Oct 14, 2017
  4. XanderBash Win User

Turning on randomly

So, you do not have any other controller that you know of? When you go to bed take the batteries out of all of your controllers. If this does not work that night, try taking the batteries out of every remote in your house that you can think of. If this still
    does not work, it might be your Xbox that is malfunctioning. It is vary unlikely that someone else is using a controller and messing with yours because you have to sinc them to the Xbox.

Does this solve your problem? Yes | No
  5. Miss Bijoux Win User

Randomly Turning On

Hey there Buir!

When was the last time you wiped your console down? Go ahead and unplug your console and then spray a soft, clean cloth with a household cleaner and wipe down your console on all sides. Be sure that there's no dust or fingerprints or anything over the power
    button. Then go ahead and plug your console back in, being sure to use a wall outlet (not a surge protector or power strip), and see if the issue persists. If so, is your console currently set to instant-on mode? If it is, you'll want to swap it over to

energy-saver mode
    . If after all that your console still decides it doesn't like to sleep, go ahead and try

factory resetting
    it. You can keep your games and apps so you won't have to reinstall everything.

Keep us posted! :)

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines and
    if you're a member of the Xbox Insider Program, check out the Xbox Insider Program Forums for help with Insider Program
    troubleshooting.
  6. WilliamBelmont Win User

Xbox 360 Slim Randomly Beeps and Shuts off, and randomly turns on.

Well it randomly turns on now too.
  7. Lcast15 Win User

Xbox One auto powering up

Ok, does it turn on only when your TV is on? Or does it randomly turn on anytime?
  8. DearOyster Win User

Xbox turns on randomly.

I just tried all of those steps and it's still doing it. Not sure if it's an issue with my electricity or the xbox :/ xbox luckily still works fine, it just randomly turns on.
Thema:

Randomly turning on

1. Randomly turning on - Similar Threads - Randomly turning

2. Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x randomly turns on and ejects my disc, how do I solve this: I acquired a used Xbox one x from a friend and everything on it works fine.... Accept the fact that it will randomly turn on and eject the disc, and if there is no disc it just rings, does anyone...
  3. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  4. Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x turns off randomly playing certain games: Playing games like Hell let loose, Forza Motorsport, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I can rule out overheating. It is well ventilated and a new console. Did a hard reset and any other recommendations....
  5. Xbox series s turns off randomly

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series s turns off randomly: Hello i just get an xbox series s seconde hand 2days ago and yesterday i was playing like 4-5hours and then while im playing fifa the s freezes and the controller start blinking and then shutdown...
  6. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  7. My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my...: My Xbox is hooked up to my university’s Ethernet and at seemingly random intervals turns my internet connection of but generally happens between the hours of 5-12....
  8. Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has my xbox controller randomly decided to not turn on: My xbox controller is flashing and then it vibrated twice before turning off. I did not pay £400 just for 10 months later nonsense like this. Knew i shouldve gotten the ps3 on my 7th birthday...
  9. Xbox series S turning off randomly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series S turning off randomly: For the past few months my Xbox series S has been turning off randomly. Sometimes when I’m playing a game and sometimes when I’m just watching YouTube. It’s even happened when I’ve been sat at the...
  10. Why does NBA 2K24 turn off my XBox One randomly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does NBA 2K24 turn off my XBox One randomly: Whenever I play NBA 2K24 on my XBox one, it shuts off my console randomly. Is that an issue with the game, because it only happens when I play that game. Is there a way to fix it because I want to...