Randomly Cannot Connect to Online Games

Discus and support Randomly Cannot Connect to Online Games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So we have 2 XBOX series S in our household. The one we are having trouble with has been working fine until a few weeks ago. Every time we turn the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by OJ300, Mar 3, 2022.

1. OJ300
    OJ300 Guest

So we have 2 XBOX series S in our household. The one we are having trouble with has been working fine until a few weeks ago.

Every time we turn the xbox on, it shows me as connected to our router via wireless absolutely fine and online, you can even see friends that are online.

But when launching Fortnite or any other online game it just gets stuck and wont connect.

Then we have to reset the router, do a hard reset of the xbox and eventually after lots of resetting things it will connect. We have to do this every time we turn the xbox on and its driving us mad. The xbox in the next room has absolutely none of these problems.

Both consoles have their own IP address, and different ports. I have tried messing with router settings but dont really understand most of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

OJ300, Mar 3, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi OJ300! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  3. nikno-33C46066-2476- Win User

Xbox 360 Suddenly Won't Connect to Xbox Live

I also cannot connect. Although randomly I can sign in but still cannot access live.
  4. Boota3 Win User

Cannot connect to online games.

I'm using the USB wifi adapter. Sometimes, when I reset my router & modem & unplug/replug the adapter, I get quite a few games in, but eventually it just stops connecting and the same problem occurs again.

Unfortunately I don't have an ethernet cord long enough from my console to my router.

I just ordered one and hopefully will report back with good news.
  5. Unkn0wn Tyrant Win User

I can play but its very slow. I cannot play with any friends, it just says "You could not be added to the party queue". Then When I go to war games, find match it says "The Halo 4 servers are not available. Please try again later. Matchmaking has switched
    to using default playlist." I played normally earlier today and just now it started doing this.
  6. Boota3 Win User

So i ran an ethernet cord with no luck. Im stumped...

This only happens with Halo 4. I can play other games just fine.

Any other suggestions?
Thema:

1. Randomly Cannot Connect to Online Games - Similar Threads - Randomly Cannot Connect

2. Random Fps drops

in XBoX on Windows
    Random Fps drops: I need help with my pc as it has been having some issues while gaming. I have a rtx 4060, AMD Ryzen 5 7600 and i was playing a game and wanted a different skin and the website that I was on I have...
  3. Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App Randomly Stopped Working: Randomly, a few months ago, my XBOX app–which has been working just fine up until now, suddenly decided to stop working. When I open up the app, all I see is the breathing XBOX logo and text, on...
  4. I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...

in XBoX on Windows
    I have put a random command in command prompt from Youtube and now it is having issues...: Recently i have put a random command in command prompt from youtube and now i have trouble starting up epicgames, ubisoft and can't play any other games. Is there a way to fix this?...
  5. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  6. I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am trying to play minecraft, but when i click microsoft login; it puts a random email for...: i am trying to log into my microsoft account with xbox, but it auto-fills a email for me and i cant change it, if i click the little back arrow next to the e-mail it completley exits from xbox. I...
  7. Random Unstable Wireless Connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Random Unstable Wireless Connection.: My wireless wifi connection has become unstable from nowhere despite nothing moving and powercycling, reconnecting, and restarting my router and console have not changed anything. This is on an...
  8. Cannot change random gamertag without paying

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot change random gamertag without paying: Hey all So I downloaded Halo Infinite via steam to try out the multiplayer. I noticed I had some randomly generated gamertag which I thought was weird. I wanted to change the gamertag but it...
  9. Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Random Games keep disappearing with need to Reinstall. Also cannot install media player or...: About a week ago games started disappearing from my Xbox One, It's so annoying because I'm having to reinstall them all. These are former games with gold games and game pass games. I'm also unable...
  10. Xbox one controller wireless adapter cannot be waked, random disconnects, driver error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one controller wireless adapter cannot be waked, random disconnects, driver error.: I have an Xbox one controller adapter which has started disconnecting from the controller the past few days. Also, the controller can no longer wake the device. The only way to make it work is to...